Are 4* Feeders for 5*’s Now A Thing Of The Past?

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is clearly no set pattern on pace of 5* feeders. Or what 4* they will use, whether old or new. More will come eventually. The fact that they retroactively give covers if you have passed the threshold should make the need to have them all now moot. In many cases you get to double dip on rewards if it updates later. I just don't get the need to get it now.

This is a bit off topic but something that confuses me. I'm just baffled by people who are in the state of complete defeat, feeling it doesn't matter what we as players say or do because the devs don't listen, care, or are too imcompetent, to do what's "right". 

If that's how you feel why are you still here? What reasoning keeps you playing? 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Every 5* should have a feeder by and moving into the second.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    There is clearly no set pattern on pace of 5* feeders. Or what 4* they will use, whether old or new. More will come eventually. The fact that they retroactively give covers if you have passed the threshold should make the need to have them all now moot. In many cases you get to double dip on rewards if it updates later. I just don't get the need to get it now.

This is a bit off topic but something that confuses me. I'm just baffled by people who are in the state of complete defeat, feeling it doesn't matter what we as players say or do because the devs don't listen, care, or are too imcompetent, to do what's "right". 

If that's how you feel why are you still here? What reasoning keeps you playing? 
    Simple.  My ally mates and the real friendships I have made with them including meeting some in real life.  The game play is stale and boring and that is just a fact.  1735 days in and never missed a day. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's another 2 weeks of Captain Marvel celebration. I think they broke new outs about recent feeders near the end of the celebration? Maybe they'll give the players 4* Talos feeding 5* Captain Marvel instead on the last week. 

There are only 9 5* including 5* Captain Marvel left without a feeder.

Archangel, Cable, Captain Marvel, Doctor Doom, Dr Strange, Gambit, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde and The Hulk.

Why are they not giving every 5* a feeder now? I think it's because by speeding things up, the players have to wait for the next thing longer.

Let's say they plan to give an average of 12 5* feeders every year, which will take about 36 months. After that, they will give players second feeder beyond the 36th month. By giving evey 5* feeders now, they are lengthening the wait between now and their planned date. Knowing that the players' appetite are insatiable, they will be chasing for an answer to "when is the second feeder coming?" now of they have given every 5* a feeder.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Didn't a couple of recent-ish 5-stars get feeders shortly after their release vaults closed? I think Loki was one. This should be a more common thing. Assign the feeder after their release, but before the first time they're featured as the 5E PvE essential.
    Loki and Wasp were given feeders right away which was a HUGE plus in the eyes of the players and an awesome change we were all asking for.  But no....here we are again with nothing at all and we wait and wait and wait all while more and more players leave the game.  Oh well doesn’t matter anymore. 
    I wouldn't be surprised if they saw significantly reduced token pulls for those two characters: if you were an established player and only wanted a single cover to unlock essential nodes in PVE, then it likely guaranteed you that cover without the need to spend any hoarded tokens or CP.
    That might have been a boon to players, but not great if the aim is to sell more HP and CP.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    shobi6669 said:
    Does anyone think that they will build to the point where each classic 5 has a feeder and then start in giving them a second one?  I have been sort of hoping that if the release schedule holds true, there should always be enough 4 stars that each 5star could end up having more than one feeder in the end.  Probably just wishful thinking, but it was the feeders that drove me to enter the 5star level of play (due to all the feeders that came out prior to saved covers) and multiple feeders may cause a similar influx of players at the 5star level.
    The pace they have been on - one per month - reaches the point of every Classic having a feeder by about the end of 2019.  It's really a big question whether a second feeder would ever be a thing; my leaning is probably not, but its somewhat possible given the dilution situation we are in.  It's certainly possible that the slowdown in feeders is just to delay reaching the point of "everyone is fed" and "where is the second feeder?"; if they went to a every other month feeder, for example, you would never catch up since you'd have 6 feeders a year and 8-9 new 5's.

I know plenty of people ask for everyone to be fed now, but I think that's completely outside the dev's intent since they've been operating at the same pace since they started the 5* feeders.

My personal frustration - but it's actually kind of low since none of the unfed people matter much to my roster, with the covers I do and don't need - is just that there's been no new feeder and we don't really know why.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given who is in this Captain Marvel vault (fury), I'm expecting a feeder announcement soon myself.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    tiomono said:

Simple.  My ally mates and the real friendships I have made with them including meeting some in real life.  The game play is stale and boring and that is just a fact.  1735 days in and never missed a day. 
    Is it possible to maintain the friendships without the game? Especially those friendships that have moved beyond just talking about MPQ. I don’t personally find the gameplay stale just yet. So, I would say it’s a fact for you more than just a fact. I mean, it’s a match 3 mobile game. Not RDR2. There’s only so much they can do in the genre. I still enjoy trying to play different team combos. Just wish I had more characters to do so with. My roster has really shrunk since transitioning. But it’ll enlarge over time. FWIW I’m glad you are part of this community and haven’t “retired”. But man, If I no longer found the game enjoyable (I truly think you “beat the game” lol) I’d absolutely quit. But I’m a full blown addict and still love the game. 

jamesh said:
    Dormammu said:
    Didn't a couple of recent-ish 5-stars get feeders shortly after their release vaults closed? I think Loki was one. This should be a more common thing. Assign the feeder after their release, but before the first time they're featured as the 5E PvE essential.
    Loki and Wasp were given feeders right away which was a HUGE plus in the eyes of the players and an awesome change we were all asking for.  But no....here we are again with nothing at all and we wait and wait and wait all while more and more players leave the game.  Oh well doesn’t matter anymore. 
    I wouldn't be surprised if they saw significantly reduced token pulls for those two characters: if you were an established player and only wanted a single cover to unlock essential nodes in PVE, then it likely guaranteed you that cover without the need to spend any hoarded tokens or CP.
    That might have been a boon to players, but not great if the aim is to sell more HP and CP.
    I absolutely agree and have said as much in the past. Problem is token pulls were also reduced because the characters were pretty bad. If they gave us a feeder for Kitty while she was in Latests I imagine the metrics would be a lot different as people would still pull for her. Sometimes I believe they misinterpret their own data. 

Given who is in this Captain Marvel vault (fury), I'm expecting a feeder announcement soon myself.
    I remember when we thought Professor was feeding Kitty, and then we thought Cyclops was feeding Cable (or was it Deadpool? Or both?). Both were very recent I believe and based on vault rewards, characters out of rotation, and the aligning of PVE/PVP prizes. I think there was a third feeder we guessed recently as well. We instead got no feeders. So I’m not holding my breath that Fury in a Marvel vault means anything other than him being a prominent character in her movie. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Don't hold your breath. These devs are NEVER going to answer simple questions like that if they can help it. Don't want to risk making even a vague promise and having people be upset if things change later down the line. It's easier to just deny providing information in the first place so it's impossible to break a promise in the first place. You see that plenty of that with all of the patterns going back years that the players have mapped out that the devs will follow 99% of the time and still never acknowledge.

This isn't a new story event or game mode. Its as simple as swapping out 6 rewards and sticking some covers in in their place. How is this a difficult task? Why cant they simply tell us that they have these 5*s set a side for a certain event and then they'll get a feeder. I cant believe a feature like this is something that could be that complicated that it could be delayed. 

The longer they wait, the more covers they will end up giving out. Which we all know they hate. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards

There are only 9 5* including 5* Captain Marvel left without a feeder.

Archangel, Cable, Captain Marvel, Doctor Doom, Dr Strange, Gambit, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde and The Hulk.

Archangel, Strange, Gambit and Hulk should all have a 4* feeder now. The rest, yes, they should come more slowly. That I totally accept since they are pretty new. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Under what critieria did you use to determine that all older 5* should have a feeder by now?

4* giving 5* covers as rewards started on 20 November 2017. Between then and now, 15 months 16 days has passed by.

As of now, 23 5* have been fed. Even if it's based on 1 feeder per month, they have actually given out 8 more feeders.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Daredevil217 you’re not wrong about being wrong about feeders lol. I’ll never stop speculating though! Isn’t prefer C4rol feed her simply because I have a decent C4rol and an unclamped Fury with just a few saved covers. Fury is one of the few Pull-as-i-go casualties I had from the pre-saving day’s though - I must have lost about 8 covers since I could only ever get blue for him
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:

Real freindships will survive you not playing the game. If your choice of recreation/entertainment is stale and boring to you, your doing it wrong.
  • Rhadamanthus23
    Rhadamanthus23 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Sure, I'm interested in seeing feeders for the 5*s. But, I'm also interested in more 3*s feeding the mass of 4*s. Maybe that's just 'cause I've not champed a 5* yet, and have only champed six 4*s so far. Wouldn't even mind if they didn't retroactively give covers (double-dipping).
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:

I agree with Rockett. I have been playing 1740 days, and over 4 years of playing this game, I have known him. 

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2019
    Would it really be so bad if 4* Carol is a feeder for 5* Carol?. It would make the player base happy. How would that hurt Demiurge?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would it really be so bad if 4* Carol is a feeder for 5* Carol?. It would make the player base happy. How would that hurt Demiurge?

Managing a game is a pretty constant balance between being too generous and being too stingy.  If you're too stingy players lose interest because it's too hard, but if you're generous people lose interest because it's too easy.

I will point out there are a lot of players out there with a max-level 4* Captain Marvel -- point of fact I'm one of them and I think I was pretty late to that party.  At this time CM is my only max-level 4*, and I suspect that's true of many other players.  I do have a duplicate, because we got a rush of her covers my duplicate is currently 283.  So if 4* Captain Marvel feeds 5* Captain Marvel, that means I'll get 7 covers - six from the main, one from the duplicate.

By contrast, if they have Fury feed her (which is still a strong connection because of the movie,) I'll get 4 covers - my Fury was never set to my bonus hero and I actually champed him a bit late because he's so-so.  He's still old, though (the 3rd 4* in the game, and the first one that didn't suck at the time,) and is exactly 340.

I strongly suspect unless they decide to go really new (which they have in the past, but never less than around two months old,) it will be Fury instead of Captain Marvel.  Talos is a good fit (though they probably won't do that for months after the Skrull's release if so,) War Machine is a strong connection but already taken, but theoretically any Avenger is close enough.  Heck, at one point she was a Guardian of the Galaxy, but since that isn't an attribute on her character they probably won't go with that.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I saw a lot of max champed 4* carol this past month. If I was them I wouldn’t choose that feeder. Fury wouldn’t get me a single cover, mines one of the last I champed so at 276. It wouldn’t be great for me but then again I won’t be chasing 5* marvel anyway, she’s pretty terrible so wouldn’t we all rather our well covered 4* carol was saved for a better feeder anyway?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I don't understand this line of reasoning. It's like an auto-censorship on the player side? :)

I too just brought Carol to 370 this run of her rewards, and she's my first and only maxed 4*. Medusa is 350-360, and next few are under 340 and so on. But other three players with very similar rosters to mine in our alliance don't have her that high - instead two of them have Medusa maxed. And they started playing October 2013 (I started December). 

So what if some still remaining crusty old ftp vets get 5 or 6 cover head start with one or two 5* ?  Would it really be so egregiously devastating to the game economy ? There's always ways to spend cp,  missed 5* now stuck in classics or occasionally in a surprise special offer store or HfH offer for a really lopsided build...