Support curcuit this week?

wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
So are we getting a new support curcuit this week?  Normally it would have started 15 min ago for slice one.  My understanding was the store would run for 4 weeks then a new store and round of support circuits would pop up.  Is there an off week?
Tagged:

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Hopefully not the same as the previous run.

I have a new vault, no idea what it’s for.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    IIRC, there's a one week gap between four week "seasons", kind of like how PvP is structured. I don't think the "off-season" has an event, just its own vault. Which doesn't have Daily Deals, so I'm not touching it.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    There is a " Circuit Break " Vault in game now. I guess it's a break from the Support Circuit.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the Support Circuit Topic:

• Each instance of this event lasts 24 hours and recurs weekly. (4 total in 4 weeks)
    • Each Leaderboard holds 1,000 players.
    • This event is not available during the 1-week-long Pre-Rotation / Post-Circuit period of time.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77040/new-event-support-circuit-updated-1-28-19#latest
    Thanks
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also a break from using my HP in a Support vault.  Although I suppose there may be a Magik-related Support sometime soon....

Here's the full text about this vault from the original announcement:

Pre-Rotation Store & Vault

Between each 4-week block of the Support Circuit Event and before the next Supports Store rotation occurs, we’ll give players access to a different Support Store and new Supports-focused Vault. This store has the same odds and structure as the regular Store listed above, but instead contains every released Support. To go along with this, there will also be a discounted, 80 item Vault. Similar to the Off-Season Heroic Store, this Vault offers no Daily Deal, but each pull will be discounted.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Also a break from using my HP in a Support vault.  Although I suppose there may be a Magik-related Support sometime soon....

Between each 4-week block of the Support Circuit Event and before the next Supports Store rotation occurs, we’ll give players access to a different Support Store and new Supports-focused Vault. This store has the same odds and structure as the regular Store listed above, but instead contains every released Support. To go along with this, there will also be a discounted, 80 item Vault. Similar to the Off-Season Heroic Store, this Vault offers no Daily Deal, but each pull will be discounted.

Exactly! So where then is the support store containing all released supports? @Brigby
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    From the Support Circuit Topic:

• Each instance of this event lasts 24 hours and recurs weekly. (4 total in 4 weeks)
    • Each Leaderboard holds 1,000 players.
    • This event is not available during the 1-week-long Pre-Rotation / Post-Circuit period of time.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77040/new-event-support-circuit-updated-1-28-19#latest
    So the support circuit is even worse than I realized it was.  At least I'm not going crazy.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    bluewolf said:

Exactly! So where then is the support store containing all released supports? Brigby
    It's visible once you have the Circuit Break Support Store token, otherwise you would only see the regular Supports Store.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Brigby said:
    bluewolf said:

Exactly! So where then is the support store containing all released supports? Brigby
    It's visible once you have the Circuit Break Support Store token, otherwise you would only see the regular Supports Store.
    Aaahhh! Thank you, i hadnt realised it would be one of those invisible stores.

Not sure how much sense it makes though... I had hoarded 9 tokens from the previous vault. What if i wanted to spend them here (even with full dilution), since there is no guarantee that the support im after would turn up in the next set of 16 or even the one after that? Shouldnt players at least have the opportunity?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are only 43 supports in the game that can be pulled. Each rotation (16 supports) takes 5 weeks. What's the latest that you have to wait for the support that you want? It's probably another 7 weeks at most.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are only 43 supports in the game that can be pulled. Each rotation (16 supports) takes 5 weeks. What's the latest that you have to wait for the support that you want? It's probably another 7 weeks at most.
    They should do the same type of rotation with Classics. Limit the Classic pool to 16 x 4*s and 6 x 5*s and rotate it at the beginning of every season. The Latest pool can stay the same. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    bbigler said:
    They should do the same type of rotation with Classics. Limit the Classic pool to 16 x 4*s and 6 x 5*s and rotate it at the beginning of every season. The Latest pool can stay the same. 
    Please no. They can make a new rotating store without replacing the classics store if they want to but I do not want to go back to the rotating vaulting shenanigans. They tried this in the past I hated it. I'm not sure if they ever said why they changed it.

I may be in the minority on the forums that like the classic legends vault. But to me vaulting characters away is even worse than dilution. Any chance to pull a character is better than 0 chance.

So if they replaced classics with a rotating store featuring 6 classic 5*s. The forums will be full of players complaining on the selected 6. Speculating they only put so many "meta" or top tier characters in there, or none at all just to disadvantage the players somehow.

I am ok with the occasional new store rolling in with a select 3 to help players beef up older 5's. But for me personally i will continue to take my 20 cp and buy fully diluted classics. I like the cheaper price for what is a majority 4* experience and be happy when i pull another 5. 

Currently I have four 5*'s champed. I have 3 or 4 more at 12 covers. Half of my champs are from latests and half are from classics and champ rewards. 

It may be more effecient to hoard and pull from a smaller pool. For me, not having even a chance at a section of characters just bothers me.

"You miss 100% of the shots you do not take." Wayne Gretsky
  • bbigler
    @tiomono You may be in the minority on this. My impression from the forum is that no one has a problem with a rotating support store. In fact, I think players like it because they can target their favorite supports by hoarding tokens.  This is the exact same concept for the Classic store, so I don't think most players will be opposed to such a change. I've heard many people say that they would like smaller pools to collect Classic 5*s. It appears to me that these periodic Legendary stores like the Favorite Legends or Masked Vengeance are the answer to this problem.  But even if they rotated the Classic pool, you would still have a shot at everyone in the Latest pool.

Which brings up something else: it seems to me that some players are stuck pulling Classics because they've done it so long that many of their 5*s are "close" to being finished, so they can't turn away from them and chase Latest instead. But other players have gotten into the habit of hoarding for Latest and ignoring Classics.  For them, chasing Classics will take too long, so they stick with Latest. 

Getting 5* champs is a long road with a fork at the beginning of it. You either take the Classic road or the Latest road. And switching roads will cost you time. IMO, new players should take the Latest road, but I completely understand that the Classic road may be better for long time veterans. 

Sorry this is off topic.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    @tiomono You may be in the minority on this. My impression from the forum is that no one has a problem with a rotating support store. In fact, I think players like it because they can target their favorite supports by hoarding tokens.  This is the exact same concept for the Classic store, so I don't think most players will be opposed to such a change. I've heard many people say that they would like smaller pools to collect Classic 5*s. It appears to me that these periodic Legendary stores like the Favorite Legends or Masked Vengeance are the answer to this problem.  But even if they rotated the Classic pool, you would still have a shot at everyone in the Latest pool.

Which brings up something else: it seems to me that some players are stuck pulling Classics because they've done it so long that many of their 5*s are "close" to being finished, so they can't turn away from them and chase Latest instead. But other players have gotten into the habit of hoarding for Latest and ignoring Classics.  For them, chasing Classics will take too long, so they stick with Latest. 

Getting 5* champs is a long road with a fork at the beginning of it. You either take the Classic road or the Latest road. And switching roads will cost you time. IMO, new players should take the Latest road, but I completely understand that the Classic road may be better for long time veterans. 

Sorry this is off topic.
    Oh I'm fairly certain I am in the minority. For supports I'm ok with the support circuit vault featuring a select group of supports as long as the tokens for the support store still give us chances at all supports. But that's just my personal preference. There's not really a right or wrong on this in my opinion.
  • bbigler
    tiomono said:
    For supports I'm ok with the support circuit vault featuring a select group of supports as long as the tokens for the support store still give us chances at all supports.
    The "free" support tokens you can get from the support vault can only be used in the rotating store. You have to buy vault pulls for a chance to get the all-encompassing support token for the invisible support store. Since almost everyone will not buy these vault pulls, that leaves everyone with the rotating store. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    The “all Support” tokens are only available from the Circuit Break Store, to be clear. This was all a bit unclear to me until this week when that CB store actually opened. 

The Support Circuit vault - and, by the way, normal PVE vaults - and apparently Season placement rewards - will only ever provide the Select 16 tokens. 

I think most people are OK with a limited set of Supports, where you need just one pull to get one and more copies just give you riso, while some may not like vaulting characters where you need multiple covers to make progress.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    edited February 2019
    Brigby said:
    Aaahhh! Thank you, i hadnt realised it would be one of those invisible stores.

Not sure how much sense it makes though... I had hoarded 9 tokens from the previous vault. What if i wanted to spend them here (even with full dilution), since there is no guarantee that the support im after would turn up in the next set of 16 or even the one after that? Shouldnt players at least have the opportunity?
    You are missing the point a bit, but your question is a good one nevertheless.

1. Sure, 43 supports... for now. Obviously this number will increase sooner or later. With 2 big films coming up, and all manner of tie-in materials expected to be released, this might be sooner than you think though. (It wouldn't be the first time they released a batch of supports, instead of singles after all.)
    So how long will it take to cycle through all of them if someone is chasing a specific one?

2. This brings us to 2., because what do we know (and what are we assuming) for the select 16 rotation? Will it be random? How random?

If this is now set A and the following will be set B, do we know if set B can/will contain any supports from set A? Will there be overlaps? How many?

If two consecutive sets (A&B) cannot have overlap, what does that mean for set C? Will the system rotate through all of them at least once before a repeat? Or will set C then have a possibility to have supports from set A (as long as there is nothing from set B] even if not all supports have been featured at least once?

And what if someone couldn't get what they wanted from this set, how long will it take for it to come back around? What about when the number of supports will be far larger then 3x16?

With each rotation being 5 weeks long, it will take longer and longer (months and months!!) for a certain support to come around.... this timescale is huge! and not everyone will want to wait out the whole thing every time!

We might soon see about overlaps between the sets (or not, something official would be nice on this @Brigby ). Without any overlaps it can still take 2-3 months for a specific support to come around (or to come around again!) but if overlaps are a thing, then your 7 week estimate might be quite off...

And all I said, was that (given this huge time frame) it might be nice to give players the opportunity to spend their hard earned tokens in whichever store they wanted. Because having options is always nice, you know?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    @tiomono You may be in the minority on this. My impression from the forum is that no one has a problem with a rotating support store. In fact, I think players like it because they can target their favorite supports by hoarding tokens.  
    Just want to be on the record that I hate hoarding in all its forms.  That is all.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    So: 24000 HP to buy out the circuit break store (side note: why are four 10 packs cheaper than one 40 pack? Is this a tap-skipping tax?) At normal HP pricing, that's $119.99 + tax worth of HP.

For that ~$130, in addition to some other goodies (which would not be the main reason myself or most other people would think about buying this vault), you would get support tokens with the following total expected draws:

5* supports: 0.07
    4* supports: 0.68
    3* supports: 1.63
    2* supports: 2.42
    1* supports: 2.20

$130 and I wouldn't even expect to get 1 support greater than 3*? Listen, I'm not shy about spending money on this game. I don't know if that makes me a whale or not. But even I would not consider putting a penny into this vault. D3--you can have my money, but you need to give me more in return. This is borderline insulting. Unless you come back and tell me all supports will later be converted into champed 5* characters. Then maybe.