Tezzeret the Schemer: Official Thread

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

manabluepngmanablackpng Tezzeret the Schemer

Level 60 Mana Bonuses:  +1 manawhitepng | +3 manabluepng | +3 manablackpng | +1 manaredpng | +1 managreenpng 
Level 60 HP: 104
Level 60 Max: (Creatures: 5 | Supports: 6 | Spells: 5)

Ability 1: Devise - Cost: 6
Rank 1 - Energize 1 and Fabricate 1
Rank 2 - Energize 2 and Fabricate 1
Rank 3 - Energize 3 and Fabricate 2
Rank 4 - Energize 4 and Fabricate 2

Ability 2: Manipulate - Cost 12
Rank 1 - Summon a 1/1 Living Construct creature with "Overload 1: This creature gets +1/+1 and Fabricate 1"
Rank 2 - Summon a 1/1 Living Construct creature with "Overload 1: This creature gets +1/+1 and Fabricate 1"
Rank 3 - Summon a 1/1 Living Construct creature with "Overload 1: This creature gets +1/+1 and Fabricate 2"
Rank 4 - Summon a 1/1 Living Construct creature with "Overload 1: This creature gets +1/+1 and Fabricate 2"

Ability 3: Metallic Vengeance - Cost 15

Rank 1 - Create a support with 3 shields and "When a support you control is destroyed, your opponent takes 4 damage"
Rank 2 - Create a support with 3 shields and "When a support you control is destroyed, your opponent takes 6 damage"
Rank 3 - Create a support with 3 shields and "When a support you control is destroyed, your opponent takes 8 damage"
Rank 4 - Create a support with 3 shields and "When a support you control is destroyed, your opponent takes 10 damage"

Post your decks and tips for this Planeswalker below!

Comments

• Zarcos
    Zarcos Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    I made a pretty nice cycling deck. I was able to beat Nicol Bolas and accomplish all his challenges in the Return of the God-Pharoah event without even reaching lvl 40. 

Decklist: 

Drake Haven
    Faith of the Devoted
    Horror of the Broken Lands
    Ruthless Sniper
    Desert of the Glorified
    New Perspectives
    Razaketh's Rite
    Censor
    Countervailing Winds
    Vizier of Tumbling Sands

I'm hoping to replace HotBL or Sniper with Archfiend of Ifnir asap and find better options with cycling for CW, VoTS and maybe Censor. 

Once all the supports/creatures are set up (usually turn 3/4) cycling a card makes you: 

Draw a card (if it has cycling it gains 3 Mana)
    Summon 2 2/2 drakes
    gives your opponent's first creature -1/-1
    Gives HotBL +2/+1
    Deals 5 damage to opponent
    Heals you for 5

Considering that you'll be cycling 3-4 cards per turn, this deck is pretty **** lethal. 

I'm surprised that the only Tezzeret decks I see in quick matches are Energize/Fabricate decks...cycling doesn't really benefit from his abilities but in all honesty you don't really need them.
  • AresOmega
    AresOmega Posts: 75 Match Maker
    I'm sure you see plenty of cycling decks (I know I do) but the AI can't cycle, so they are played like a normal creature deck.
  • Zarcos
    Nope...I know the AI can't cycle but if they were cycling decks then I would be seeing cards with cycling being played instead of cards with energize/fabricate.

• Grenade110
    Grenade110 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I have been leveling old Tezzeret the Schemer up lately and at level 49 as of posting this. I wanted to steer clear of cycling and also not be too heavy on the Fabricate mechanic. (Fabricate has been beneficial but not necessary. )

I decided to go with control and combined discard and bounce.

Current list:

Creatures: (1)
    Dreamstealer

Spells: (4)
    Baral's Expertise 
    Consign // Oblivion 
    Galestrike 
    Unburden*

Supports: (5)
    Trial of Ambition 
    Cartouche of Ambition 
    Cartouche of Knowledge 
    Fetid Pools**
    Riddleform

*I would prefer Infinite Obliteration but I still don't have it.

**Not sure if Pyramid of the Pantheon would be better here or not but I really think As Foretold would be optimal but again I don't have AF.

Generally I will play spells and supports while building up to his second ability then get the token and let it rule the game. Once it is out I let it and/or Dreamstealer keep the pressure on. The tokens from Riddleform help with surprise damage and the Cartouches help increase the pressure and keep my life up. In the current TG I've gone 8-0 so far and the last two days I've only dropped 2 or 3 matches but have played probably 30+. 

One of my favorite decks to play now.
  • Zarcos
    I've considered bounce/discard as a strategy for him but I don't have the cards for it yet
  • Zarcos
    Blight caster support build works pretty well. It benefits heavily from fabricate without being entirely dependent on it

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Blightcaster loves Tamiyo's Journal and any creature that drops supports.  Ability 2 gives you 2 per turn.  Ability 1 gives you 2 more in a pinch. Cruel Reality has crazy synergy with Blightcaster (mythic I know).  
  • ard021
    ard021 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Ok, so I built this deck for Standard:

Creatures:
    Elenda, the Dusk Rose
    Twilight Prophet

Spells:
    River's Rebuke
    Walk the Plank

Supports:
    Blightcaster
    Lich's Mastery
    Kumena's Awakening
    Prying Blade
    Storm the Vault
    The Eldest Reborn

It's worked pretty well. The Living Construct from his second ability provides a steady stream of supports, the deck activates City's Blessing quickly for Twilight Prophet, and the extra draw between Prophet, Elenda and Kumena's Awakening balances Lich's Mastery's discard and lets you cycle through your deck faster.   Loyalty builds up fast one StV is out, and if you ult, the board becomes a minefield for your opponent.

Realistically, the creatures can be replaced with anything that provides reliable card draw and/or life gain.  Walk the Plank is also replaceable, I just like having some form of targeted removal.

The deck has issues with Vraska, since Lich's Mastery starts with 5 Shields, but most other support removal (besides RR) is a crapshoot.
  • Luslakhan
    Luslakhan Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I think his second ability might be out of date. For me it reads, "Summon a 1/1 Living Construct creature with "At the beginning of your turn, Fabricate 1. Overload 1: This creature gets +1/+1."
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    It depends on what level he’s at.

For info about any PW at any level:
    https://mtgpq.info/planeswalker?id=24&level=60
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Djinn of Wishes is insane with him