Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Single Player Looking for an Alliance? Post Here

DuckyDucky GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
edited April 2018 in MPQ Alliances
Rules for this Thread
  1. Please edit your post if you've accepted an alliance. It is a courtesy to the other recruits and to the alliance leaders that you edit your post to say you've accepted an alliance invite once you've found a new home in-game. Once players have indicated they have found an alliance, their posts will be removed from the thread.
  2. First time posters need approval. If you've never posted here before, there is an approval process that takes place before the post appears.
  3. Don't reply to individual posts. If you see someone you're interested in, PM that person. Any post that isn't an individual seeking an alliance will be deleted.
  4. Don't advertise your alliance here. If you're an alliance leader, there's a thread for you to recruit in. Posting here will result in that post getting deleted as well as the offending poster likely receiving a warning (especially for repeat offenders).
  5. After posts reach 30 days, they will be deleted. This is to keep the player pool fresh and active for inquiring commanders looking for recruits.

Tips for Recruitment
  1. Post relevant tournament information. Don't post "I average top 50 in PvP"; rather post "I average 700 points in PvP". It gives alliance leaders a clearer understanding of who you are and what you're capable of. Same thing for PvE events - saying top 5 doesn't mean all that much if you missed half of the progression rewards. Give specific examples from recent PvEs about how many points you scored. Also, when listing Versus Season scores, list your simulator score as well (it helps give recruiters an idea of what your average Versus score is versus "padding" that comes from the simulator).
  2. Highlight your roster strengths and roster plans. Listing all your characters is equivalent to padding your resume with fluff. No one honestly cares that you have a level 25 Moonstone with 13 covers. List your 3*'s and which ones you're currently working to level up. Or if you're a 2* player, list your 2*'s that you're working on and which 3* you're trying to transition in and who they'll be replacing. This gives recruiters an idea of how much thought you're putting into the game and whether you have any sort of plan for how you're going to play in the future. If you have a Gamependium setup of your roster, a link to it would help with this as well.
  3. Link your current alliance. Assuming it won't upset or get you kicked out of your current alliance, provide the name of your current alliance so that recruiters can view your profile directly.
  4. Express your expectations. Alliances exist to serve one another. You should be very clear about what your expectations are regarding what you are seeking in an alliance (e.g. how social they are, how competitive they are, etc.).
  5. Be reasonable in your expectations. If you're a semi-daily player with all 2*'s, don't expect an invite to a top 50 or even a top 100 alliance.
  6. Be courteous and honest in your posting. Lying about how active you are or what your roster looks like is being discourteous and wasting everyone's time. So be honest, and be content with your style of gameplay.

How to get in a top 100 PVP alliance
Now that seasons are underway for 4* Thor, and now that alliances are defaulting to 20 members, I thought I'd offer some tips for players seeking to get into the top 100 alliances. This is based off what I saw in season VII, and I expect it will only go up as more alliances get to fighting strength. If you don't feel you can maintain this level of activity, then don't join an alliance aiming for the top 100. You will only be setting yourself up for future discord as the season comes down to the wire.
  1. Average Versus score needed: 800+. This should be the average that you shoot for to keep your alliance in the top 100 for any given event. Fail to meet this score and you'll risk upsetting your alliance leaders and set yourself up to be replaced.
  2. Average Season score needed: 9,500+. This should be your target number. If you're on track to reach this target great. If it looks like you'll come in lower than that, consider pushing the simulator to boost your own number.
  3. Average Sim score needed: 1500+. Sim is padding on top of what you earn in the versus events. It can be lost which makes it very hard to gauge how solidly in the top 100 your alliance actually is. Aiming for 1500 points is a solid and maintainable margin of points to help keep your alliance up in the rankings.

If you feel there are other tips or rules that should be included, please PM me directly. Do not reply to this thread with your suggestions. Any post that isn't an individual seeking an alliance will be deleted.

*Updated 4 May 2017 - Altered Rule 1 and added Rule 5.
*Updated 30 April 2018 - Altered Rule 5.

Comments

• harry_hoodharry_hood Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Hi,

I'm looking for a new alliance. I play daily, but would consider myself a casual player. I tend to focus on PVE more that PVP. Currently working on champing all my 2*'s and covering more 3*'s. Below is a link to my current roster.

I'm hoping to find an alliance that will actively participate in events and help me process. Please let me know if you have any questions. Look forward to finding a new active alliance. 

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/harry_hood12/
  • BecauseReasonzBecauseReasonz Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Hey all,

I’m a new player to mpq, I’m looking for an alliance that will show me the ropes to game and help me progress further in this game. 

I put up about 500 in pvp, and about 20,000 in pve. I have a pretty weak roster since just starting so pvp is tough for me but I will commit as much as I can.

I am apart of the Phoenix ForceX alliance right now but I’m looking for a group that has more communication. I prefer discord if possible but will approach any route. Thanks all!

BeacauseReasonz. (Nick)
  • MaxPowersMaxPowers Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    5* player looking for PVE alliance. Playing daily in SCL9, almost always hit max progression. Have every character rostered, almost every 4* champed.

• JuzanotherfanboyJuzanotherfanboy Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited March 12

Casual player looking for an alliance that plays daily but is not crazy serious. 

Current alliance is dying. Just 4 active players. 

I play every day focusing on PVE and am working my way up from a 4* player. No 5* champed yet and Kitty Grocket is the go to team. 

Occasional PVP on the weekends. My last was a 900 point run. 

Shield resupply day 1890.

Current alliance: lampon heroes (ZephyrSG)

Update: Found an alliance. Thanks for all the invites. 

• ChitownChitown Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I'll be finishing Space Stone season around 8300 pts.

I've been part of a top 100 PVE alliance and use to PVE expectations.

Looking for an alliance that is focused on both PVE and PVP
  • LavaManLeeLavaManLee Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Any alliances that are made up of fairly burned out players who still do DDQ daily and want to hit the boss events hard?  I have all 3*, 4* champed except Namor and Taskmaster.  Four 5* champed (Thor, Okoye, JJ, Cap) and am just tired of playing PVE/PVP but still want the daily rewards and full boss.

If not, no worries but thought I would ask.
  • 18821882 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Any alliances that are made up of fairly burned out players who still do DDQ daily and want to hit the boss events hard?  I have all 3*, 4* champed except Namor and Taskmaster.  Four 5* champed (Thor, Okoye, JJ, Cap) and am just tired of playing PVE/PVP but still want the daily rewards and full boss.

If not, no worries but thought I would ask.
    My alliance 'mavis avengers' has a space available for someone looking for a an alliance or a change.. 2 rules. 1. Near daily play, if you are going away then let us know. 2. Go hard in alliance events, I expect minimum 6 figure score.

Just search mavis avengers in private alliances.

We have since Christmas broken the top 500 barrier on PvP placement and climbing but there is no rules ref PvP or PvE.
  • ThessThess Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited April 5
    Edit: Found an alliance.  Thanks for the interest.

Looking for non-competitive alliance w/ no quotas or 3rd party chat requirements, primarily for completing or attempting to complete team events.  Actually beating team events would be fantastic, but all I ask is an honest effort from the team, and that's all I promise in return.

I'm just returning to MPQ after a long absence- I got out around Age of Ultron.  I'm extremely weak on things like 5-stars and Champions, which didn't exist back then.  Even most 4 stars didn't exist then.  So I suck pretty bad for someone with 80 roster slots.

Current alliance is KnightsotRound.  I'm at 3750 in Power Stone Season right now, but PVP isn't really my focus.  Had 600K contribution vs. Apocalypse.

I won't be offended if you give me a shot and later decide to kick me.  And please don't be offended if I give you a shot and then kick myself.  That's just life in the colored gem matching game, kid.
  • CalicoJackCalicoJack Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Hi, I’m an everyday player with main focus on PvE, but I also do PvP for rewards. I have 107 characters and adding 2 more 4 stars. I have champions and several 5 star characters. Looking for an alliance that plays daily. 
  • Mrcl25Mrcl25 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Hi, I’m an everyday player with main focus on PvE, but I also do PvP for rewards. I have 107 characters and adding 2 more 4 stars. I have champions and several 5 star characters. Looking for an alliance that plays daily. 
    Sent you a PM.
  • Kultas44Kultas44 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited April 13
    Hey all,
    I searchin for a top 100 pvp alliance. Playin every day (lvl 66) and more pvp than pve. Average season finish are 7500 points, but i saw that i can do it even better. I dont spent money. This season i played a kitty pryde (1/1/2; lvl 315) daken (5/3/5; lvl 197) and iron fist (4/4/5; lvl 189) combo. Want to switch on kitty/groot4*/gamora4*.

Edit: thank you guys, found a alliance
  • Silentfury84Silentfury84 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Hi looking for an alliance 
    I play to progression in tier 8 and beyond program if I have the 5 star cover. 165 roster currently covering 4 stars. 

Pvp is not my priority though I do pvp u riley I get the 10 pack and attempt to get the 4 star cover in each event depending on whose boosted

Looking for an alliance for full progression on alliance events and beyond.
  • Borrasca1Borrasca1 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    @Silentfury84 sent you a PM
  • FendermanFenderman Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I'm looking for a more productive guild I have all 3* and all but 1 4*. I'm about finished champing 3s and will start on 4s after.  I'm just not happy with my current guild for failing to clear alliance events but dont want to join a guild that requires me to top everything all the time.  I play daily and clear most pve events.  Let me know if you need me.  I dont pvp much. 
  • Borrasca1Borrasca1 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    @Fenderman we are looking for a couple people due to some retires. Go to our page and read our 7 rules. If you are interested and meet the requirements or are close then Like our page AND the rules post so we know you agree with them. leave your IGN and we will get you set up for your month trial to make sure we are a good fit for each other. Thanks Borrasca1
    www.facebook.com/AngryDeadpool
  • Wilks4242Wilks4242 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Hello!  I’m a relatively new player - rank 9, 30 day play streak, looking for a casual, pve oriented guild.  Happy to lend my newbie efforts to group events!