Favorite Legends Store! (2/19/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited February 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Looking to bolster the strength of some of the favorite characters in the game? Look no further! We're running a special Favorite Legends Store starting today 2/19 until 2/24. Check out the full details below:

Favorite Legends Store
  • Legendary Store that contains 3 5-Stars each at 5%
    • Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men)
    • Okoye (Warrior  General)
    • Thor (Gladiator)
  • Pulls cost 25 Command Points each
  • Starts at 12pm ET on 2/19
  • Ends at 12pm ET on 2/24

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, I've never seen a Legendary Store that good, ever.  I wish they could have given us some warning though!

EDIT: I'm sure the buy clubs are going nuts.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    Yeah, I've never seen a Legendary Store that good, ever.  I wish they could have given us some warning though!

“Warning”.  Man. Good joke. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bust your hoards everyone.
     Not me, I have all three champed. Excellent vault.
  • bbigler
    Tony_Foot said:
    Bust your hoards everyone.
     Not me, I have all three champed. Excellent vault.
    Add some champ levels then.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a trap.
  • bbigler
    It's a trap.
    Which trap are you referring to?....
    Everyone spends their CP this week and then next week they announce the new meta breaking 5*Marvel?
    Or the buy clubs go nuts for this (adding more champ levels) but then the game shuts down next week?

:smiley:
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent 800cp and got 5 5*s. Not disappointed with that. Makes a change for me with these stores, I usually get a shocking return. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Failed miserably with 200 CP and then got a bonus Thor green from a regular LT.

I guess that is ok.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game is expected to run for another 10 years, so I rule that out. 

That leaves 5* Captain Marvel. What if her abilities consist of the best abilities of these three?  B)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Merged similar threads together
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or the two 5*s after that, which will come out around Avengers: Endgame, or the 5* after that, which should be alongside Far From Home.

Next four 5*s are all solid candidates for "really good" characters (in order to maximize the benefits of having new MCU films for cross-promotion), so now seems like a good time to drain resource stockpiles (by offering a desirable deal like this one) so people will have to spend to capitalize on upcoming releases.

So even if Kingpin/Doom/CaptainMarvel doesn't make people dive into chasing Latest tokens, maybe a Doom/CM/Endgame token will. Or a CM/Endgame/Endgame? (or whatever curveball they throw if we only get one Endgame 5* character?) Gives them multiple swings in an effort to knock one out of the park, so to speak. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    LOL,  this is gonna force people to really balance out how they spend for this vault and 5* cap Marvel.  Make no mistake about it,  Thor, Okoyoe, Kitty are the 3 of the best 5* in the game period.  and 5* Captain Marvel could be the meta breaker that we all expect.

People need to be really smart in how balance out the covers especially if they are trying to maintain relative color priority.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards

That leaves 5* Captain Marvel. What if her abilities consist of the best abilities of these three?  B)
    The "what if" automatically makes this vault appealing to many people. There is no "what if" in this vault. There are 3 characters who take up 3 of the top 5 best 5* characters in the game. 

This is a great vault for anyone looking to strengthen their 5* game.

(I have no hoard and will continue to pull classics though lol.)
  • Lejon
    Lejon Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    35 pulls and only 2 5* covers, RNG is not on my side today...
  • bbigler

How about this:

Black Passive: While Marvel is above 50% health, each turn destroy 2 red and 2 yellow tiles, generating AP. 

7 Red: Add 5 Black strike tiles of strength 200. 

7 Yellow: Heal Marvel 2500 health for each friendly strike tile.

Yellow Passive: Each turn increase the strength of all strike tiles by 200 for each black AP you have. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Might have bought one if I saw this earlier.  In general I'm on the fence.  My primary goal is to champ all characters and I'm not as worried about adding levels beyond.  Both Okoye & Thor are champed and Kitty is 4/4/4 with her set a BH.  So I'll get her eventually.  I'm tempted to try and pull for at least the one Kitty, but I also don't want to miss Cable like I did for Kitty (Cable is currently 4/3/4).

Also I am a little bummed.  When I saw the title I was assuming it was a permanent edition since it's feature add week.  Maybe it will be but rotate characters every few days or every week or something.  Hey I can hope right?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019

I almost fell off my chair laughing.  Even if they actually expected that at one point or still expect it, it won't happen.  As someone else said the game already feels like it's jumped the shark.  With the poor foresight and planning of the last several features I can't imagine the game actually lasting that long.... That said The Simpsons jumped the shark in what like 2001 and they're still holding on....  I guess it doesn't say 10 years of being a good game....
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Lots of FOMO in this thread. Well, predictive FOMO at any rate...

This store is, on its own merits, very very good. Unless you really fear that whoever the next 5-Star is will immediately obsolete Thor, Okoye and Kitty... just go for it. If I had a CP hoard, I would. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Future Nerf Store 

Sorry couldn't resist..... 

Actually a rather decent offer..
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    What if Okoye gets a nerf right after this? or Kitty?