Support PVE Results

2»

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've cleared the 3 boss nodes and got the 4 clears the node before for the 1 cp both times so far, but no more than that.
    15 draws all in, 2 x advanced support tokens, 1 x beginner, 4* Korg from the beginner token, 3* Talon Fighter and a random 2 or 3* duplicate from the other one, so it has been good to me. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    pheregas said:
    Maybe we can keep this discussion rolling until the end of the first vault and the devs could get some useful data out of it.

Lets try to keep this data oriented and less about how we feel about the event/vault please.  

I don’t understand how the results of a very small subset (those who choose to respond) of a very small subset (players on the forums) will provide any meaningful data to the developers. They have the numbers. They know not just what we’re pulling but what the whole playerbase is pulling. The “how we feel” part is precisely the data that they are missing. But that can be found in several threads throughout this forum. Just a thought. Anyway, 24 pulls.  1 Gold token (advanced?), three 3* characters. All the rest have been 2s, iso, and a little riso. My pulls have been pretty awful. Hoping for an upswing weeks 3-4. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed that the "how we feel" part is still important. Thanks to daily deals, I've managed to snag a Basic token (Victorious Rank 1, one of the handful I didn't have already, as I've always dumped some HP into the release vaults and have collected most of them over time), and two of the Master tokens (Korg Rank 4, improved from Rank 2, and Avengers Tower Rank 4, improved from Rank 3).

I've been truly successful at gaining new Supports. But it still feels like I'm fighting a losing battle, because I know this good luck won't be replicated every season. It's not a great thing that lucky pulls makes you feel preemptively defeated.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    OJSP said:
    Vins2 said:
    ignore function
    Click on the username to go to their profile. There's a link next to "Message" with a dropdown menu.
    Every time i see someone interact with a particular person, i want to send them these instructions.  I have had them hidden for wuite awhile, and makes my forum experience so much better since then...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Maybe we can keep this discussion rolling until the end of the first vault and the devs could get some useful data out of it.

Lets try to keep this data oriented and less about how we feel about the event/vault please.  

I don’t understand how the results of a very small subset (those who choose to respond) of a very small subset (players on the forums) will provide any meaningful data to the developers. They have the numbers. They know not just what we’re pulling but what the whole playerbase is pulling. The “how we feel” part is precisely the data that they are missing. But that can be found in several threads throughout this forum. Just a thought. Anyway, 24 pulls.  1 Gold token (advanced?), three 3* characters. All the rest have been 2s, iso, and a little riso. My pulls have been pretty awful. Hoping for an upswing weeks 3-4. 
    Ok.  Maybe in hindsight it's less about the devs data and more about ours.  Yes, they have the numbers, but they will never ever share those with us.  I understand that the subset is small.  However, if the results are low, even with a small subset, also given that this particular subset is probably more active than the average player, then the results should be skewed more in favor of higher support earnings.

Reading the comments thus far, it seems that this is not the case.  I did pull twice more since the original posting.  I did manage to gain a silver support token, which when redeemed was a 1 star duplicate.

Keeping the "feels" out of this was my way of trying to keep this thread from devolving into pro- versus anti-support argument.  Too many threads these days end up that way.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    No joy from my second run of tokens but having thought I had all the 1-3 * supports I opened a token I received from a different vault and to my surprise I got a 2* royal talon fighter 

I thought that all the other supports were 5*s , as this doesn’t seem to be the case I have to wonder why I get so many duplicates when I only have 20 of the 46 supports available 

lets see what Monday brings me 
  • pheregas
    Monday 2/11/19 update:

I'm now up to 31 pulls on the Support Vault (12.9% complete).  

I've now received:

3 x Beginner Supports (all one star duplicates)

3 x 3* covers

A total of 10,000 Riso

A total of 9,000 Iso

13 x 2* covers
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Managed to draw hulkling on this batch of tokens, and a few 2*s and some red iso 
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards

Moving to event discussion.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    On one account, 16 pulls 0 supports or support tokens. Why if you want to have supports more readily available do you put 30 of them in a 240 vault? Baffling.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards

Speaking for myself, I've played in all three of the events.  I'm fairly sure I got two vault tokens for placement out of all three, and have been spending 100HP every day on the vault.  So far I'm up to 35 pulls.

1 Actual support (level 1 Chimi)

1 Advanced Support Token

2 Beginner support tokens

The 4* (Coulson for me, very happy with that)

3 3* covers

2 4K RIso

2 1K RIso

The rest is Iso or 2* covers, I don't feel like breaking that down.

I also got two beginner tokens out of PVE in this same time period, which drew from the current pool.  I did get two supports I didn't have - the Tinkerer and Victorious.  Both Rank 1, unfortunately.  Everything else (including the Advanced Token) was a dupe, though I think one of my Rank 1s was pulled to a Rank 2 - I don't recall which one.

IMHO this is a start - you're much more likely to get the level 1-3 supports now and you'll gradually fill in gaps.  I don't think it's enough, though, level 5s are waaay too rare.  They're not good enough to justify the rarity.

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    I entered this event having only 17 total supports, several of those purchased, being victim to many months of nothing but duplicates.

The RNG swung back to the other extreme in every way conceivable. Like pulling a 4* from a basic token extreme, for example.

I believe I placed t50, t1, and t3 in the three events in SCL6.

The following rewards are estimates, but reasonably close, although they also include tokens obtained from other vaults, and I know there were some of those.

2 new 1*
    2 new 3*
    1 new 4*
    1 upgrade to 4*
    1 or 2 upgrades to 3*
    1 upgrade to 2*

Obviously that's well in excess of what can reasonably be expected, but it was actually pretty exciting. 
  • pheregas
    Support Update post 1.8 initial clear.  My vault is up to 44/240.

I received three duplicate beginner support tokens.

I've received zero actual supports during this entire event.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Last day of the event returns me to what most everyone else gets.
    Placed #2 in SCL6.
    'Rewarded' with a dup 1* support, 500 iso, and a 2* cover.

No other event in MPQ will result in essentially zero reward for finishing in second place.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    I've placed 9th in both events (different SCLs though) so that is 4+2 vault tokens for each, i've also been doing the daily 100hp deal, and once i got a 10x pack too. Today that puts me at 33 pulls from the vault.

2/6 supports (1*talon fighter, 2*blackbird)
    0/3 master t
    0/6 advanced t
    6/15 beginner tokens

3x Riso
    7x Iso
    3x 3*
    12x 2*

The rest is personal perception i think. For me this is good. Very very good.

Im a 3* player and until fairly recently i never had hp for anything, as i was busy with rostering. As such i was never able to buy a hp bundle or empty a vault etc. I didnt have 4* or higher supports (i still dont actually). Almost all of them at 1* or 2*, the few 3*s are rare treasures.

I had 23 of 42 supports (almost all through free tokens or gifts etc) and basically no way of getting more or improving what i already had.

Of the 6 tokens i pulled i opened only 3. The first two were new for me, and the third was a 1* dupe, which made me reevaluate the store and decide to hoard for the next one. So now the other 3 are set aside (at least for now).

Both supports pulled from the vault were new to me too, so in about 10 days i've gained 4!! new supports. That right now is already light years ahead of the previous pace of getting them.

Yes, the vault is too big, and it has far too much 2*s in it. And new odds arent good for getting anything better than 3*supports. But at least there is something now and i'm thankful for that. I hope things improve, this isnt perfect by any means but its a fair start.

I will continue to focus on this (for me its worth it) and hope that RNGesus is good to me, and helps me into an advanced or even a master token eventually. 
    So, on the last day, im at 61 pulls total. 22 tokens from support circuit progression and placement, a 10pack and a 100hp daily pull every day. I did manage to luck into a master and an advanced token eventually, but the rest had the same tendency.

2/6 supports (unchanged)
    1/3 master token (yay!)
    1/6 advanced token (woohoo)
    10/15 beginners tokens (omg!)

6x Riso (total: 12k)
    12x Iso (total: 11.5k)
    5x 3*
    24x 2*

All in all, this is a good haul i think. I've put 9 of the support tokens into the hoard, and will open them in a better selection store.
     Now i wait... and fidget.... and try to resist the temptation of opening anything. :)

• Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I had 53 pulls in the end, from the various events and the 100HP daily deals. Got a 3*, 2* and 1* support, and two advanced tokens. That's it for anything supporty, otherwise just some scraps of iso and riso, and some largely worthless covers. Bit disappointed with that when I've cleared over 20% of the vault, but with 240 items in there it's not a huge surprise. Maybe if Master tokens weren't more than likely to end up in just another 3* dupe I'd chance a ten-pack, but it really doesn't seem worth it. As countless people said at the start, the vault's too big, and there's too much junk in it.