Temporary stealing fails - Reporting new cases and observation

arNero
arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
Consider this a continuation of the following thread because I suspect replying to that not only counts as double-posting but also necroing:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76992/angraths-captains-command-ability-bugged-post-3-2-update-investigating#latest

Okay, so as I said in that thread, I also have a problem with Angrath's second ability (temporary steal which then kills the stolen creature), in that the creature I intended to steal (a stack of Lifelink Soldiers) remains on the opponent's side of the field, but gains haste and self-destructs after it attacks me.

I originally also thought it was Angie's problem, but today when playing 4 Tribes against that pirate boss lady (whatever her name is), I found out at one time that when I do a 5-gem match (which is essentially the same as Angrath's 2nd ability, except non-targeted and ignores cost), the lone Captivating Crew on her side of the field suddenly gains Haste, but doesn't move to my side, and at the end of her turn, the Crew exploded.

At this point I decided to test as many temporary steals as I can get (Angie's 2nd, Turn Against, Act of Treason, Captivating Crew, etc), and found out the following:

Temporary steal effects FAIL if your side of the field is FULL.

This means that unlike the old times where borrowing a creature puts it on top of your usual stack of 3 creatures, this time, the creature simply won't move, but is still affected by any secondary effects of the temporary steal, including Angie's self-destruct.
(In the 4-Tribes case above, yes, my field was full)

What's your view on this, devs?

EDIT: Sorry, observation result was inconclusive. It is true that just now I played another game where I have a full board, and my Act of Treason merely gave Haste to my target but it doesn't move to my side.

However, another case:

I had a Captivating Crew and Imprisoned in the Moon token on the board, and my opponent had 2 creatures.
On my turn, I activated Captivating Crew's ability to steal one of the two creatures, and on the same turn, I cast Turn Against on the other creature.
BOTH creatures moved to my field temporarily.

The shenanigans continued after I added Willbreaker to my field (a.k.a, now my field is full); When I cast Turn Against on one of the two creatures my opponent had, it moved to my side, but the other creature stayed put as if unaffected by Willbreaker's ability.

It seems something about starting your turn WITH a full board will screw up temporary stealing. What do you say?

Comments

• arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Another report coming in because turns out what I mentioned wasn't all that homogeneous in conclusivity.

So, on my second battle against Beckett Brass, it so happened that at one point we both had one creature each, and she got a 5-gem match. Now, MY creature stayed put and self destructed on my turn end. Conversely, again it happened that after I made a 5-gem match, her creature (when neither of us had a full board) didn't defect, but regardless exploded on her end turn.

Looking back at Angie's case, it seems like temporary stealing from NON-CARD sources are more likely to screw up, but then again, more testings may be required.....
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    /agree w the Captivating Crew problem.  I noticed this when I was mastering the card earlier this week,