Thaumatic Compass Still in effect when you steal an opponent's creature [Fix in 3.3]

Options
Imbrium
Imbrium Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
This actually applies to anything that has frozen a creature, or reduced your opponent's creature power to zero.  As explained, if you steal a creature that has been reduced to zero, instead of being returned to full power when in your hand, (obviously without your opponent having a Thaumatic Compass in effect of their own) until your Thaumatic Compass disappears from the board, they stay at being frozen/reduced etc.   

//Edited Title - Brigby

Comments

• TriForceGuy
    TriForceGuy Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I had a creature return to fill power after I stole it like 1or 2 turns after I took it. 
  • TReed
    TReed Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can confirm this issue. Played Thaumatic Compass reducing creature to zero. Then played Connive to steal said creature. Power stays at zero while on my side of the board. I can recreate and give screenshots if needed 
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the reports everyone. I'll inform the team of this behavior. 

@TReed If you would, could you submit a ticket to Customer Support including the screenshots? Any additional screenshots or information you can provide would be very helpful. 
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I noticed this as well when looking into other creature steal failures.  
    One thing I did see, if the opponent has more than one creature, stealing the 1st (affected by Spires) will cause their next creature to drop into the 1st slot and take on the Spired power = 0 effect, and the stolen creature will return to it's normal value.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Enygma6 said:
    I noticed this as well when looking into other creature steal failures.  
    One thing I did see, if the opponent has more than one creature, stealing the 1st (affected by Spires) will cause their next creature to drop into the 1st slot and take on the Spired power = 0 effect, and the stolen creature will return to it's normal value.
    This. If the opponent has only 1 creature affected by spire and you steal it, the spire still affects that crrature until your opponent casts abother creature to take thebspire effect. 
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just to piggyback, this isn't restricted to just Spire. I can't remember what the cards involved were, but the opponent had out a couple creatures and they had a temporary vigilance effect on them. I stole one of them and the vigilance stayed on the creature permanently.
  • Magagumo
    Magagumo Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Also player's Settle the Wreckage exiles the stolen creature (using Bolas Clutch) when it attacks AI.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Magagumo said:
    Also player's Settle the Wreckage exiles the stolen creature (using Bolas Clutch) when it attacks AI.
    That is pretty funny lol. Don't think I've ever used those cards together. :D
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same for servos. I stole a marionette master that got buffed by my and Greg's servos. Came in quite handy, though. She didn't deal damage when Greg's servos popped. I used exert influence, so the whole steal mechanic is broken.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. This issue should be fixed in the upcoming 3.3 build.