Enemy America's Multiverse firing on player's turn

PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
Wish I had video... playing on mobile. 

Using my Kitty/4* Rocket/5* Thor, I was going through support circuit today.  On the fight against America's team, she had two sets of Multiverse traps out.  On my turn, Thor used God of Thunder passive, which created a cascade, and a match 4 was made.  America's Multiverse kicked in off of that and hit me!

It didn't seem to happen when she had less than 2 sets of Multiverses out there.  Just when she had 2 sets and the 3rd would set it off -- that's when it would happen, and only when Thors passive created the match 4 before I could move a tile.

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you sure she only had two sets out?
    Based on other America related bug reports, that power will trigger during the initial phase of the enemy's turn, and is occasionally ordered after some of the enemy's own "start of turn" effects.  So is it possible that she had the three sets of trap tiles out, with the ability only triggering after Thor's board shake?
  • PiMacleod
    But then why would it trigger during the players turn?  If its supposed to trigger during the initial phase of the enemy's turn, then after God of Thunder is NOT when it's supposed to happen.

I'm pretty darn sure there were only two sets.  And just for the sake of argument, let's say she DID have 3 sets out.  It still fired at the wrong time.  Its damage I shouldn't of taken at that time, and possibly could've killed her off before her turn came up again, getting rid of the possibility entirely. 

Anyways... wish I had video.  :/
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is a known bug that if there are "start of Turn" events (whether Passives or Countdowns/Repeaters) on the other team, Ticket to the Multiverse waits until after the first of those has resolved before it resolves. So the question is, is this just another instance of the known issue with the power, or yet another bug with it?
  • PiMacleod
    edited February 2019
    So.... you're saying it's a known issue that Ticket on the enemy team fires on the players turn?

I'm saying it this way because your post looks like its known that it fires out of turn in the enemy's start of turn events.  Which isnt the concern.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    So.... you're saying it's a known issue that Ticket on the enemy team fires on the players turn?

I'm saying it this way because your post looks like its known that it fires out of turn in the enemy's start of turn events.  Which isnt the concern.
    That was what I was trying to clarify. If she did actually have three sets of Traps out, it would be the known bug. If she only had two out before God of Thunder made a Match-4, that's a new and exciting* bug.
    *Not actually exciting.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    To summarise:

1. Enemy's America Chavez has two set of trap tiles. Multiverse requires three set of trap tiles to activate the damage.

2. Player's 5* Thor's passive power which destroys tiles caused a match 4 to happen. This activated Enemy's America Chavez Multiverse.

If @PiMacleod didn't remember wrongly and this is how it is, then it is a bug.

Do you remember who America Chavez's partners were? Another possibility is that her teammate changed the colour of her trap tiles, which created three coloured trap tiles.
  • PiMacleod
    Cant recall the teammates but it wouldnt be hard to figure out.  It was during the support circuit when America was in one of the later fights.
  • Beauxwinkle
    Beauxwinkle Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I just had this happen to me! My team was Kamala Khan, and two others with no passives (Vulture & 3* Iron Man iirc). The enemy America had only made two four-of-a-kind matches (red & yellow). My turn begins, I use Inhuman Strechiness to make a four-of-a-kind green match, and am subsequently hit by her Ticket to the Multiverse.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because you changed her trap tile(s) to green and it satisfies her three different coloured trap tiles condition. 
    Did you choose either red or yellow tiles?
  • Beauxwinkle
    Beauxwinkle Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Not that I recall, but that would seem to satisfy the condition for her power to fire on my turn. I will remember NOT do that next time I play against her.