Crash of the Titans: Fury vs. Magneto

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Fury. Uneven match where we both got of lots of attacks. Especially Magnetos protect tiles made the match drag a little. But in the end I won by matching my own demolition tiles a couple of times. LT was a champ level of some sorts.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was kind of expecting the opponent to be Bucky in this one. Champed Fury had a pretty easy time of it. I took one red from Mags, but there were only a few Team-up tiles on the board. Then I got enough for my blue, one of the traps landed on a match-4, and it was all over.
    Token was a Ghost champ level.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 Level 287 Fury

No issues. Cast each of Fury's powers once and ended it fairly quickly. If you have an under-covered or under-leveled Fury, my best recommendation is to play the denial game on yellow and blue; you can't afford to let Mags get his defense tiles out or drop that big blue nuke. Let him have red - as TU tiles disappear that power has diminishing returns.

Cashed in the token, still looking for my 1st GE Doom cover. Got a Miles champ level instead.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    5/4/4 Level 284 Fury.

This was pretty easy. Hit Avengers Assemble twice and it was over pretty quickly. Token was a Blue Shuri

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    First go with champed Fury (276), although I did get hit with magneto’s red and blue so was down to about 2000 health.

unless the frequency changes, the next crashes for recently run characters are up to the year 2020 now
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    First try for my 3/5/5 level 277 Nick-at-Nite. Mr. Fury must have called ahead and had agents arrange the board for the director, as it started with a match-5 blue for me, that cascaded into a match-5 purple! I think it's one of the few times I've ever fought a leveled Magneto where he didn't manage to get a chance to use any powers. I went yellow->blue->purple, and Magneto kindly showed himself to the door the next turn by matching one of my Demolition tiles.
    My reward was a champ level for X-Force Wolverine.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    First time using my freshly champed 5/5/3 (286) Fury and I quite enjoyed it. Fired yellow pretty early and eventually got the victory when he set off my bombs. Mags fired red once and yellow twice and actually put a pretty good hurting on my as I was under 3k at the end of the match.

Token unfortunately is being hoarded as Cable is covered with several in the bank and I’m good with where he is sitting.
  • TPF Alexis
    I was kind of expecting the opponent to be Bucky in this one.
    Why? It's always been 3* Magneto from the start. Sure, they've changed one or two, but by and large the Crash opponents have stayed the same.

You can check out crash opponents here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69870/crash-of-the-titans-featured-4-order
    Why? Well, I never really pay attention to the Crash opponents until they come up, so I had no idea that it had historically been Magneto. And in the MCU, Bucky was the one who took Fury out. Also, mechanically, they have two colour overlap, both have powers with traps, and both have powers with countdowns that have a bit of something extra going on. Seems like it could be an interesting matchup.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    Yesterday, my 5/5/3 lvl 150 Fury put up a valiant, though hopeless, fight but ultimately was strangled by a delicate filigree of unseen piano wire that finally strangled him. 

Today, my newly lvl 209 Director of SHIELD was promptly pummeled with a furious polarizing force of shrapnel that ground him to hamburger withIn 3 moves. 

I’m hoping his resilience will prove out over the next couple of days... so far, he has been able neither to assemble any Avengers nor lay any plans for escape. His one attempt at traps was easily discerned and demolished by that great survivor, Magneto. 
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    3/5/3 lvl 209 Fury
    5* Sharon Carter

Got pretty lucky with a board that didn't have much yellow, but otherwise followed Dormammu's advice to deny yellow and blue. He didn't get enough of either.

I fired purple once, and blue once. The win came from Mags stepping on a trap, but I did deliberately work on setting them up, so I think that's a pretty good way to win with an under-leveled Fury.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why? It's always been 3* Magneto from the start. Sure, they've changed one or two, but by and large the Crash opponents have stayed the same.

You can check out crash opponents here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69870/crash-of-the-titans-featured-4-order
    Why? Well, I never really pay attention to the Crash opponents until they come up, so I had no idea that it had historically been Magneto. And in the MCU, Bucky was the one who took Fury out. Also, mechanically, they have two colour overlap, both have powers with traps, and both have powers with countdowns that have a bit of something extra going on. Seems like it could be an interesting matchup.

I don't Think Winter Soldier was in the game when Fury had his first Crash. As I recall, he was the second fourstar to get one. And as mentioned, it is very rare the opponent gets changed.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was the first time this Crash didn't end on Fury's blue ability's trap tiles for me.  The board was literally raining purple, so while Magneto fired red and Fury fired yellow once a piece, it was nothing but Fury's semi-automatic carrying the day otherwise.  It was nice of Magneto to fall to a weapon he's literally best able to counter with his powers.

I think the LT was Agent Venom, but it could have been Agent Coulson.  I got both in quick succession yesterday, so it all blurs together...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 209 5/5/3 Nick Fury

Magneto is a tricky opponent as he has fairly spammable low cost damage dealing powers. Things started out quite well and I got to fire off yellow and purple with Mags retaliating with his red power. I was watching blue but the board was so starved of it that neither of us managed to collect enough to fire our big guns. Even so, Mags started to really spam red and we were both down to about 1500, I had managed to scrape together enough to fire yellow again but Mags had his red to fire again and I thought it was game over but there wasn't enough team-up tiles on the board to finish me off! Avengers Assemble!
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Lvl 303 5/3/5 Fury

Board was black and green heavy; no help to either of us. I made matches to pick up ap where possible and deny Mags as necessary, but mostly I was picking matches that avoided setting something up or going for the team ups. Eventually Mags fired his red, but there were only three team ups on the board so it went off like a damp squib. I managed to fire yellow, used the stun time to gather purple and finish him off.
    Token was, appropriately, a champ level for Fury.
  • TPF Alexis
    Quebbster said:

I don't Think Winter Soldier was in the game when Fury had his first Crash. As I recall, he was the second fourstar to get one. And as mentioned, it is very rare the opponent gets changed.
    Like I said, I didn't know the history. Just looking at things as they are now, Winter Soldier seems like a potentially interesting choice. Mags is a pretty good matchup as well, tho.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took me two times with the a champed Fury.  First time was a Polarizing Force for 4K damage into mega-cascades and Magnetic Projectiles disaster.  Second tile, I got the blue for Demolition before Mags could fire off any of his powers.  He matched two trap tiles at once, and the traps did their damage twice.  A nice bug...when you're on the giving end of it!  Token to the hoard.

My son's 4/2/3 Fury took about a half dozen tries to finally win, but he finally managed today.  Placed #1 in his leaderboard because of it.  His token was a Carnage red, bringing him (it?) to 4/4/1.