Library structure - how is it now??

Options
Tremayne
Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
It seems that something has changed with how many instances of a card is in the deck/library, so I have a few questions.

1. can anyone tell me how the deck/library is generated at the beginning of the game? Like how many instances there is to begin with.
  2. When does the library get restocked? Like what triggers a new inclusion of cards?
It used to be 40 cards with 4 instances of each (or that was the general consensus based upon testing done I think). I know the creatures fetching themselves problem led to changes to avoid infinite loops, but it was my impression that this didn’t alter the 4/40 setup.

I have created a deck around Munda which fecthes new allies on rally, which seems to be challenging the 4/40 theory. I have seen 6 versions of the same card in play before a card seems to be gone from the library. During the next round new instances of a card can be pulled again.

have anyone observed any changes?

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There have been no changes (that I'm aware of) to how decks work.  Here's the rundown:

You start with a 40 card deck (4 of each card)
    If you have drawn/discarded through your 40 cards, when you would draw the 41st a new 40 card deck is created
    If you are using a spell/ability to fetch a card you have already played 4 of, a new 40 card deck (at the end of your current 40 cards) is created and then that card is fetched from there
         -Certain cards with fetch effects no longer create a new 40 card deck (the forerunners, mostly), and will instead have no effect if all copies they can fetch have been played.

If you are using Munda then his ability will keep creating new 40 card decks to continually fetch allies.  That is working properly.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Unless he is playing more than two allies besides Munda. It there are two allies for Munda to fetch and he's fetching 6 copies of one before fetching the other one at all then something is wrong  
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have not kept precise track of the order how the individual cards were drawn, but based upon @Mburn7 I doubt I have uncovered anything different.

I was not aware of the exact details which was why I asked.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    Legion Conquistador will not fetch copies of itself beyond a certain number, because wallpapering over the cracks.
    Forerunner of the Heralds does the same if it’s the only merfolk in the deck. Haven’t tested it on the other forerunners, but I’d bet the pirate and vampire ones are the same. 

However, Sylvan Messenger will still infinitely fetch itself of it’s your only elf last I checked. 
  • Mburn7
    Options
    wereotter said:
    starfall said:
    Legion Conquistador will not fetch copies of itself beyond a certain number, because wallpapering over the cracks.
    Forerunner of the Heralds does the same if it’s the only merfolk in the deck. Haven’t tested it on the other forerunners, but I’d bet the pirate and vampire ones are the same. 

However, Sylvan Messenger will still infinitely fetch itself of it’s your only elf last I checked. 
    I can confirm the vampire one behaves the same.

And the Origins creature-fetchers are unchanged, since nobody was really going infinite with them
  • Mburn7
    Options
    starfall said:
    wereotter said:
    starfall said:
    Forerunner of the Heralds does the same if it’s the only merfolk in the deck.
    What happens if it's not the only merfolk in the deck?
    I believe it still behaves like that, but since there are now 7 possible creatures to fetch instead of 3 it is much less noticeable.  I could be wrong, though.  It may be that it will create a new 40 cards for a different merfolk/vampire (different forerunner, same issue) but not itself