Best 4-Star Wasp teammates?

leviticuschomsky
leviticuschomsky Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
edited February 2019 in MPQ Character Discussion
Kind of a unique character, I champed Waspa while ago, but don't use her very often. Curious as to best teammates since she is such a niche character. 

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have her champed (she's 1/4/5 for me) but I can theorize she would shine with Cloak & Dagger
  • leviticuschomsky
    leviticuschomsky Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    I don't understand why one would put C&D with Wasp? :| Doesn't seem like a jiving duo.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Carol. Collect enough blue and fire Wasp yellow and you're set.
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Carol and Wasp are good together probably with R&g or Medusa as a third, although a third with synergy isn’t really necessary because those two are just fine together. And I always try to avoid a boosted Drax paired with Wasp. She’s also good with characters that make protect tiles in bunches.
  • Jaguar
    Jaguar Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Coulson wasp carol
    3* falcon wasp
    3* gambit wasp carol

• dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Wasp and 4cage are fun against goons. Get a bunch of shields out, flip them, and match away to thousands of damage and instant goon death 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    The best things to pair with a Wasp are Raid and a lighter. Need a 3* Gwen Stacy based on the first Amazing Spider-Man now that I think about it.
    Janet’s pretty tricky to get effective synergy with. Ideally, you want to use her as a 4* with 4* team members. Professor X is not a terrible choice, since each cheap yellow you use for Wasp gets him throwing out another set of P/S/A tiles. Thing gives you a counter to Grockmora since his passive can actually shut down Grocket’s boosted strike tiles. Flip Thing’s protects into strikes and see if you can get another Thing passive to go off for some ridiculously high damage and defense. And use them with Professor X to make it extra stupid. Blade works, and Blade, Carol, Wasp was a regular trio for a while. The hard part is just finding a 4* who doesn’t fight Wasp for AP to make strikes or protects.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    She works nicely with Drax. Extra damage from his purple every time Buzzing Sound goes off.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    All the teams above are great suggestions. Carol is a natural pairing and Coulson, C&D, or Drax are all viable thirds.

Another interesting team that works surprisingly well is Wasp + 3Falcon + 2Bullseye. Match purple at every opportunity so that Bullseye is making defense tiles. These will protect you until you have enough AP to fire Falcon's purple, which generates more defense tiles. Gather yellow in-between purple matches so that Falcon is buffing all those tiles with his passive. Then, when the board is filled with defense tiles, use Wasp's yellow to flip them all into strike tiles (which buffs them even more) and destroy your foes.
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I love collecting 15 or more yellow and swapping protect to atk back to protect and back. Also with carol every time buzzing sound goes off tiles are powered again. Dmg can get mad
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu said:
    All the teams above are great suggestions. Carol is a natural pairing and Coulson, C&D, or Drax are all viable thirds.

Another interesting team that works surprisingly well is Wasp + 3Falcon + 2Bullseye. Match purple at every opportunity so that Bullseye is making defense tiles. These will protect you until you have enough AP to fire Falcon's purple, which generates more defense tiles. Gather yellow in-between purple matches so that Falcon is buffing all those tiles with his passive. Then, when the board is filled with defense tiles, use Wasp's yellow to flip them all into strike tiles (which buffs them even more) and destroy your foes.
    Pretty sure this was a player team at some point recently in the Behemoth Burrito and was tons of fun.
  • Josh2338
    Josh2338 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Wasp + Riri + Professor X is a really fun team and is a full rainbow. Wasp's cheap abilities lets PX spam special tiles for her to flip over and over again. Riri's blue gives you a decent chance of creating a match 5 for PX to generate AP in your strongest color. It's special tiles galore and whoever is left standing is sent airborne or punched away by Riri.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Kate Bishop or Hawkguy for the boomerang gimmick. Fire the boomerang arrow, flip all the strikes to protects, let the countdown expire, then flip them back. That way you don't lose the strikes when the boomerang expires. Its effective enough.
    Another gimmick would be Patch, Loki, Wasp. Long setup, but fire berserker rage, then Loki flips them to protects, then Wasp flips them to strikes.
    Personally I think wasp works well as a background support with her blue, just stealing ap and waiting to punch someone. She doesn't need a team built around special tiles to be effective. Setting up protects to flip is cumbersome since most protect powers are yellow already. 5/3/5, tho if they do match away I hate missing out on that extra damage.
  • Fendrish
    Fendrish Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I have enjoyed a W4sp, C4rol, Nova team.  Granted no Pink dmg and no Green user, but the synergy is mad.  All you need is 6 red and 6 blue and the damage gets crazy.  Nova does a great job making strikes. You can flip these to make protects and then make more with Nova's Red and Yellow.  Wasp Blue lets Carol buff every turn and if the countdown gets matched..... big nuke with all the buffed strikes.  Carol uses her black to make strikes and nuke.  I use Wasp yellow only once in the beginning to get a couple protects then I use Nova's yellow.  While it is a smallish nuke, with the buffed strikes it is a super cheap big nuke.  The other beautiful part of this combo is the extremely low AP cost of all powers.  With Wasp getting 2 ap per turn and a minimum match of 3, getting the powers off is very, very easy.  Plus I never have a good pairing for Nova or Wasp so this makes some guys taking up spots useful.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    4Carol, Wasp, Mockingbird is my go-to team for general climbing in the Sim.

Wasp at 5/5/3, since you are going to be using 4Carol's fantastic black power most of the time, and only needing six blue to get Wasp's buzz on is a nice bonus (plus that damage!). Boost +2 yellow/red so that a single yellow match will let you get a protect/strike out, and it's easy to get big tile numbers rolling soon.

All three characters generate AP in some way, so Mockingbird can get her free powers launched more quickly. All three characters use countdowns, so Carol can buff existing tiles to the moon and back. This team is just a lot of fun to play, and once you get Wasp's blue going a match can snowball quickly.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    PuceMoose said:
    All three characters generate AP in some way, so Mockingbird can get her free powers launched more quickly. All three characters use countdowns, so Carol can buff existing tiles to the moon and back. This team is just a lot of fun to play, and once you get Wasp's blue going a match can snowball quickly.
    Also, none of them have an active blue, so you don't have to worry about the AI firing something and stopping Wasp's buzzing on defense.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    I don't understand why one would put C&D with Wasp? :| Doesn't seem like a jiving duo.
    C&D generate yellow and black for carol to use, plus they generate attack tiles to use in concert with Wasp's boosted strike tiles.  It's not a perfect pair because they have overlapping active powers on two colors and only have active powers on 3 colors total.  But it's a decent pairing.

Carol is the obvious partner for wasp, despite the overlapping active colors, because Wasp generates a free countdown tile every turn.  That means that Carol is boosting strike tiles at least once every turn as soon as you collect 6 blue.  And as we all (should) know: Carol's yellow is her best power by a pretty big margin and arguably the best single power in 4* land (not that her other two powers are bad; carol is awesome).  So anything that lets us abuse it more easily is great.

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magik .
    Its magic that this topic came up from over a year ago and did not get closed.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Magik .
    Its magic that this topic came up from over a year ago and did not get closed.
    The magic of New Years: No one can tell the difference between a month ago and a year ago ;)
  • Warbeast_7
    Warbeast_7 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Wasp charles 3* gambit
    Wasp charles powerman
    Wasp 3* falcon switch
    Wasp c4rol powerman
    etc