**** Sam Wilson (Captain America) ****

15678911»

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using Flappy in events this week with Ghost Rider since they are both boosted and damn. Get a Hellfire or two out and then match blue whenever possible and watch the heads roll as he both makes it fire faster and pumps up the attack tiles. Bonus if you can get yellow off and keep a couple protects around - I managed to get through a bunch of tough matchups during the Bullseye event only taking a couple turns' worth of match damage, plus the load of shields gave Bullseye lots of ammo to make kill shots with.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I miss 3* Falcon's Redwing, and wish Flaptain's blue would also have that part of the passive. It's not enough to fix him though. Yellow's shield generation should target any color like 4* Blade's Bloodlust, and Divebomb should be cheaper or have some modifier to be cheaper like Star Lord's Red.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champed Flaptain this weekend and but his blue to 5. I've got a nice team for him so far.

Flaptain 3/5/5
    Beast 5/5/3
    Medusa 2/2/4

Getting blue is so gravy to speed up Medusa and Beasts CDs and pump up the special tiles that get on the field quickly. Medusa's passives are great for keeping the team alive because a lot of your special tiles will be matched. Flaptain getting that yellow+red combo is still tough though. Beast and Medusa don't accelerate Sams cause as much as he does them.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tiger Wong wrote:
    I champed Flaptain this weekend and but his blue to 5. I've got a nice team for him so far.

Flaptain 3/5/5
    Beast 5/5/3
    Medusa 2/2/4

Getting blue is so gravy to speed up Medusa and Beasts CDs and pump up the special tiles that get on the field quickly. Medusa's passives are great for keeping the team alive because a lot of your special tiles will be matched. Flaptain getting that yellow+red combo is still tough though. Beast and Medusa don't accelerate Sams cause as much as he does them.

People are gonna disagree with me here because its super unpopular opinion but....
    If you wann get the best out of Falcap then pair him with Cage and HB. Make HB 355 so he generates shields and red for falcap. Cage is really only there for his auto protect to beef up Falcap red even more. Honestly in this set up falcap is a vastly more efficient user of red and you will fire it multiple times
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tiger Wong wrote:

Flaptain 3/5/5
    Beast 5/5/3
    Medusa 2/2/4

People are gonna disagree with me here because its super unpopular opinion but....
    If you wann get the best out of Falcap then pair him with Cage and HB. Make HB 355 so he generates shields and red for falcap. Cage is really only there for his auto protect to beef up Falcap red even more. Honestly in this set up falcap is a vastly more efficient user of red and you will fire it multiple times

Who is going to disagree with you? Flaptain + IMHB is a solid pairing. Flaptain needs red, and protect tiles. IMHB and Cage will give that to him. Don't do it if IMHB is boosted and Flaptain isn't. But otherwise it's a solid option.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Tiger Wong wrote:

Flaptain 3/5/5
    Beast 5/5/3
    Medusa 2/2/4

Who is going to disagree with you? Flaptain + IMHB is a solid pairing. Flaptain needs red, and protect tiles. IMHB and Cage will give that to him. Don't do it if IMHB is boosted and Flaptain isn't. But otherwise it's a solid option.

You'd be surprised how many times I got mocked on LINE for suggesting this combo in favour of using HB for his red. Despite the maths supporting me. nice to see more reasonable folk on this forum. the more I visit here the more I like it, lacks the drama queens of general...
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019
    I have discover a interesting team for Falcap
    Falcap, 5Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch
    Switch generate countdown tile, which when resolve, 5Haweye's passive will create red and blue AP which will fuel Falcap's red and Blue will fuel Hawkeye to create more countdown. 5Hawkeye also can fortified Switch's countdown while Falcap's passive can speed up the Switch or Hawkeye's countdown.
    And also all 3 of them are Avengers!
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Try also TA Hulk in place of Switch. Similar effects, but a good damage ability in Hulk's green (but no stun that she would be providing). 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a chance to champ him or wait to get 2 more covers for Prowler (who's my BH).

And honestly, I'm strongly considering waiting. It's amazing D3 still hasn't done something about him.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If his CD thing would operate on repeaters, he would instantly be more useful to me and revitalize alot of other characters. Imagine if blue matches would decriment a repeater every time what that might do for Frost, P4nther, GRRR, or even post-nerf Gambit? 
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    If his CD thing would operate on repeaters, he would instantly be more useful to me and revitalize alot of other characters. Imagine if blue matches would decriment a repeater every time what that might do for Frost, P4nther, GRRR, or even post-nerf Gambit? 
    Second this. At this point, he's just so useless and slow. Not to mention that these days many powers that create a CD-tile want you to keep that tile around as long as possible, so decrementing it only makes him less usable. A repeater tile, on the other hand, will benefit from decrementing no matter what. Also, perhaps makes it either yellow or blue tiles? Sometimes it's so difficult to find that one blue match that will help.

Unfortunately, that alone wouldn't be enough. I have been trying to make him work, but it's frustrating especially when the SIM is flooded with Grocket or Gritty or Cardusa where he doesn't stand a chance. I hope he still have a passive that deal with enemy special tiles similar to his 3* version.