Should PVE event schedules be adjusted?

Options
Pants1000
Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
First let me say I love Boss events on weekends.  The schedule is more flexible and I think it works well.  For many people in active alliances, they can finish early and get a little break without missing anything.

The schedule is loaded at the beginning of the week though.  After 1-2 days of no PVE (if your alliance finishes early) we’ll have a regular PVE and the Support PVE running side-by-side.  

Personally I’d like to have the Support PVE running on Sunday.  As often as we have Boss events on the weekend, it would even things out.

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tuesday is the perfect storm of PVE/PVP/LR/DDQ/SC lol. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I wish support circuit was on Wednesdays because it's a slow PVP day. 
  • The_A_Train
    The_A_Train Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes. The simple answer is yes, something needs to change.
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I would like to add that in addition to better scheduling, change to the current time slices is necessary. I live on the east coast of the US and i either have a slice when I start work (7 AM), at my lunch break which is only 30 minutes and I cannot complete or completely finish the start of a sub (12 PM), or when I get off and cannot finish the previous days slice and start the grind too late to be competitive (5 PM). I can’t stay up until 11 PM and 2 AM is not meant for me. 

I would suggest each time zone (at least in the US) get slices as:
    6 AM - starts before work commutes
    12 PM - if you can handle lunch break, great
    6 PM - if you want to do it right after work
    9 PM - if you want family time and prefer to do later
    11 PM - Night Owls.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They should do away with slices entirely and just add up the time it takes to complete each battle (time from when board appears to when victory banner appears so clicking through menus doesn't cost anything). 

Then set number of clears at say 6 so you need to do 6x*nodes. Fastest time wins.

Then there is no need for any time slices/refreshes etc and everyone can play when they want (within the 24 hrs).

KGB
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Somethings needed to change for years.  I used to bang that drum all the time.  I don't have any faith it's ever coming so I've quit holding my breath...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the increase in boss events, running Support Circuit Sat-Sun makes total sense.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like to add that in addition to better scheduling, change to the current time slices is necessary. I live on the east coast of the US and i either have a slice when I start work (7 AM), at my lunch break which is only 30 minutes and I cannot complete or completely finish the start of a sub (12 PM), or when I get off and cannot finish the previous days slice and start the grind too late to be competitive (5 PM). I can’t stay up until 11 PM and 2 AM is not meant for me. 

I would suggest each time zone (at least in the US) get slices as:
    6 AM - starts before work commutes
    12 PM - if you can handle lunch break, great
    6 PM - if you want to do it right after work
    9 PM - if you want family time and prefer to do later
    11 PM - Night Owls.

The
     continental US has four main time zones. Five slices each for these four time zones is 20 different slices (s few would overlap but it would still be at least 15).I don't think the devs want to add more time slices (any bracket that doesn't fill means more top rewards going out for less effort), so it is better to try to find five end times that works across the globe.
    I do appreciate that Support Circuit has different end times and hope the people in charge study if this leads to different activity patterns.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moving to suggestions

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's just have 6 slices, 4 hours apart.  The arbitrary separation between slices we have now works badly for me in PVE, and when shifted 12 hours for the support event there isn't a single slice that would allow me to be competitive, should I be that masochistic.
  • Banquetto
    Banquetto Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why have slices for PvE? Why not have a 24-hour window: you can start any time in that window, and your personal end-time for subs is 24-hour increments from that point on.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's just have 6 slices, 4 hours apart.  The arbitrary separation between slices we have now works badly for me in PVE, and when shifted 12 hours for the support event there isn't a single slice that would allow me to be competitive, should I be that masochistic.

Hmm. Not a bad idea I Think. There would still be some variance depending on exact time zone, but it might be workable... Let's say

UTC: Midnight, 4 AM, 8 AM, noon, 4 PM, 8 PM

UTC+1: 1AM, 5AM, 9AM, 1PM, 5PM, 9PM

UTC+2: 2AM, 6AM, 10AM, 2PM, 6PM, 10PM

UTC+3: 3AM, 7AM, 11 AM, 3PM, 7PM, 11PM

Then the cycle starts over. I can find at least one good end time in each setup no matter which offset I am in.