Crash of the Titans: The Destroyer vs. an Actual Titan

TPF Alexis
TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
I decided to just give it a try with my Lvl210 5/5/3 Drax, to see if I needed to give him some ISO and/or boosts. Turns out I didn't. The Destroyer is your real bread and butter here. Keep the black for it handy until Thanos drops the countdown for one or both of his Actives, and then go to town. Slice and Dice is good if you can get the red soon enough to get the bonus damage, but I had Thanos down below 90% before I was able to fire it. Purple is pretty weak when Drax is on his own. Unless maybe there's a Support that can generate some countdowns for him?
Token was a Fatpin green, but it came with a bonus Okoye black!

Comments

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    My 3/2/0 lvl 127 Drax is just too weak for Thanos.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    So you know like in the movie Groundhog Day where Bill Murray meets the insurance guy and he is all "Who are you again?". That is a bit like I have been with Drax going into this. I was surprised that he is in fact fully covered and can be champed but I have no idea what he does. So I am actually typing this mid battle...man does Thanos have a lot of health. I just fired my purple power and got a strike tile. I have no clue where to go next although my Drax apparently got levelled up to 185...I guess I was drunk when that happened or possibly clones did it. I suppose I should get back to the battle as I have no idea how to win or what red or black do.

Sorry...that was a lot of waffling...maybe beer will help
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh...it turns out that MPQ doesn't like waffling on about nonsense in the middle of a Crash fight as it uhm crashed...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finished it fairly easily with my level 280 Drax.  I had him set to 3/5/5, but it would probably have been easier if I'd switched it to 5/3/5: while I got a strike tile out a few times, it was very weak and got matched away fairly quickly.
    If you're unfamiliar with his power set, hold off on casting your black until Thanos has either or both of his countdowns out.  It'll remove his countdowns and effectively neuter his powers.  At that point you've just got Thanos's massive health pool and extra damage while the purple countdown is out to contend with (if you don't get rid of it immediately.  It's not like other matches where the enemy collecting enough AP spells doom.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tough fight for my level 209 4/5/4 Drax. It didn't help that 4/5/4 is probably his worst possible build - his purple suffered quite a bit in his rework, and it's pretty bad now even at five covers. I used to enjoy his purple quite a bit pre-rework.

Even with a good board it still took me two casts of red, two casts of purple, and two casts of black to take him down. I was down to 1450 health when I finally won. Maybe after I champ Drax and respec him to 5/3/5 I'll find him more impressive, but for now the fight was pretty embarrassing, and it felt like I was slapping Thanos with a wet paper-mache sword with each attack.

On the BRIGHT side, my reward was a black Domino cover, my first black cover for her! Hooray! That brings her up to 3/2/1.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 (respec to 5/3/5) level 276 Destroyer

Not too hard. Was sitting on a full suite of boosts so I brought +2red/+2black/+2all just to make sure things went my way. Filled red up early and hit Thanos before he dropped below 90% of his health. I let him collect purple and he dropped his countdown, which I promptly removed with Drax's black. One more cast of red finished off the mad Titan.

Token was a Nova champ level.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I like this thread better than some others, bc i see some people with an undercoverd or underleveled Drax and how they (try to ) tackle Thanos. That's interesting reading. Anyone with a champed character should have no problems (unless the match-up is a very bad one).
    My Drax is 3/4/2 at lvl 188 and it's a struggle. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Struggling with 4/1/4 Drax. Any suggestions?

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Struggling with 4/1/4 Drax. Any suggestions?
    Start with some +black/red/all AP and once you have black enough to cast, hang onto it until Thanos casts his purple. That'll be wasted AP for him because you can immediately remove the countdown tile. Doing this, the only color you have to deny Thanos is green. This will effectively neuter Thanos into only being able to do match damage to you.

Try to get red right away so you get the most out of Drax's first cast when Thanos has most of his health.

If you have a support that decreases opposing match damage (like Cap's shield) or increases your own match damage, that might help.
  • KillaBeeSwarm
    KillaBeeSwarm Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Took me three tries for my 3/4/2 Drax.

First time he was at level 111 and got worked.

Second time I bumped him to 150 and  I got Thanos down to 5000 health. He started out with 10000 more health than me, so I knew it was doable.

Third time I brought +damage for black and +damage for purple. Following Dormammu's advice on denying green and holding onto black until Thanos cast purple, I was able to win with maybe 3800 health left. I cast red twice, purple three or four times, and black twice.

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Champed 5/3/5 Drax made this quite easy. Fired red twice and black once I think.

So cool doing all the crashes now. Last year at this time I won my first one, now i can’t remember the last time I couldn’t do it.