Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six - Event Details (2/5/19)

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,573 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Alliance has been growing stronger and whilst we couldn't cope with the top level on Sinister 600 we have finished the likes of Galactus Hungers and the Thanos one. My Alliance has only one member that I am aware of who has a champed 5*.

We have also of course finished SS but this time around does feel fast by our standards, we are already in Round 6 - I started late and have only completed two full clears plus some extra boss clears and already I am closing in on the 4* in personal progression and it is only Friday. When we beat Galactus last month it was Monday (UK timewise).

Due to work I always miss the third clear on Boss Events but I expect to have grabbed the 4* by later today and suspect we might well be in Round 7 or thereabouts by then. I believe we may even be able to finish this Saturday.

I'm certainly not complaining though!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    Good lord, Kitty is amazing in this. Especially when Venom or Doc Ock are the first wave.
    And Riri. Yes, they do. And putting R&G in makes the damage nice when Doc Ock has lost all his tiles  :smile:
    I haven't even been bothering with Riri. Kitty, Grocket, Rogue. Rogue is theoretically there for her red, to punch out special tiles I can't get to, but Circuit Breaker has been taking care of them all just fine so far. Still keeping her on the team because her tanking is nice (especially against Sandman), and she's an X-Man, so she drops the threshold for Phase & Conquer.
    On the topic of how fast it's going, yeah it really does seem to just be racing by. We're on Round 7, and I've already hit full personal Progression, less than 24 hours in.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    The extra holiday time is welcome. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know they like to run these types of event over weekends, but would it have killed them to give us something like this to run alongside the supports grind?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't want time off the game at weekends, I want it on the week days when I'm working. I wish they could mix these up a bit and run them during the week occasionally.

And please please add some rewards past 900k, anything because these events are becoming mind numbingly boring and easy. This one is stupidly easy to get 900k, I get we don't want the lower players to complain if you make it harder so just add more rewards past 900k to give me some reason to keep playing. Heroic tokens, Elites, I'm not asking for more LT's that will make the newer players moan, just some reason to play after the second damn refresh!

Or as 1 million people have asked before run something alongside this mode.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    Good lord, Kitty is amazing in this. Especially when Venom or Doc Ock are the first wave.
    And Riri. Yes, they do. And putting R&G in makes the damage nice when Doc Ock has lost all his tiles  :smile:
    I haven't even been bothering with Riri. Kitty, Grocket, Rogue. Rogue is theoretically there for her red, to punch out special tiles I can't get to, but Circuit Breaker has been taking care of them all just fine so far. Still keeping her on the team because her tanking is nice (especially against Sandman), and she's an X-Man, so she drops the threshold for Phase & Conquer.
    On the topic of how fast it's going, yeah it really does seem to just be racing by. We're on Round 7, and I've already hit full personal Progression, less than 24 hours in.
    Oh, I realized there's one more reason to bring Rogue as the third: Power Siphoning Sandman is hilarious :D
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,573 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is slightly surreal to have reached personal progression by Friday night.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Riri's red can one-hit them every time as there are no other opponents. I've been using Vulture to fuel her blue to fuel her red, except against Doc Ock where Vulture's blue can destroy his counttown right out of the gate.
    Vulture! That's who I used to KO Doc Ock so easily in previous playthroughs! I was wondering why this event was such a slog this time compared to other playthroughs. Now it will go much faster!
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    My alliance finished by 7 am in less than 19 hours. We coordinate our start and tell others when a round is cleared for a free boss hit. I am fine being done early because the waves are time consuming.

I used totally awesome, 3* widow and 3* iron man on the doc ock side. I used main event hulk, hulkbuster and moon knight on the goblin side. 

In previous runs I used 3* thor instead of awesome hulk but my hulk is champed now.  I used 4* cyclops, 3* storm and kamala for winfinite against sandman. That group took a while to spin up but I could usually coast through the second and third boss. Slow but effective.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve also long felt like the points in this one were miscalculated. It does ramp up pretty hard at the halfway point, but I’ve also hit personal progression already. I’ll probably keep at it to help the alliance out, at least when the rounds flip and the node points reset
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    Before anyone shouts at me, I know it isn't the case for everyone, and that there's no harm in a weekend off, but they can't really want some people to finish a 3 1/2 day event in nine hours, can they? The scoring for this event always feels like they screwed it up when they designed it, and then could never be bothered to fix it.
    The event scoring feels like it has been balanced as if you were only facing a single boss rather than three.  In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if an alliance could complete the match if everyone agreed to retreat at the start of the second wave each time.
    That's not necessarily a bad thing, since dealing with three consecutive bosses is going to be very difficult for lower level players.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Kitty rolled through this.  First up, Venom.  He disappears so we spend some moves buffing Grockets tiles. He reappears and drops countdown tiles.  Kitty drops Circuit Breaker and the first match one shots Venom.  Carnage drops in ready to get busy, but wait!  There’s a Circuit Breaker in the board.  Instakilled before a match gets made.  In wanders Doc Ock all gloomy and dramatic, but I’ve got so much red and green stock pilled that Grey Widow shoots green, red then dead.

Next node swap out Widow for Medusa and just steam roll Vulture, Goblin and Sandman.

Done in just over 24 hours.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you've finished up the Alliance progression, you can still get the ISO from the side node fights by sending in a team of completely overmatched 1-stars against the three wave boss fight.  They die in less than a minute, and then you can get the side fights again.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    If you've finished up the Alliance progression, you can still get the ISO from the side node fights by sending in a team of completely overmatched 1-stars against the three wave boss fight.  They die in less than a minute, and then you can get the side fights again.
    You don't even have to wait for them to die. Take any three characters in, do at least some damage (i.e. one turn), and then retreat. It counts that and you can go back to the nodes. Assuming you think it's worth the effort for 3000 iso each refresh.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    My team for this event was rogue, vulture and domino (to keep vulture airborne). Struggled a bit against carnage in round 8, due to him being first in the lineup, but rogue helped, as while bird man was airborne, she tanked everything except purple and black.

Also, as somebody else mentioned, power siphoning sandman is great fun to do. Especially with vulture feeding the green