Support Circuit Bundle (2/7/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Looking to improve your collection of Supports or bolster the ones you already have? Check out the new Support Circuit Bundle!

Support Circuit Bundle
  • Start: 2/7/19, 12pm ET
  • End: 2/11/19, 12pm ET
  • Price: $29.99 USD (converted to your region's currency and/or platform)
  • Content:
    • 20x Support Circuit Vault Tokens
    • 3x Advanced Support Store Tokens
    • 1x Latest Legends Token
    • 3,000 Hero Points
    • 5,000 Iso-8
    • 10x Command Points

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    No red ISO in a support oriented bundle?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Im guessing the 20x vault tokens are tied to this vault too, and wont carry over either. Hmm... I wonder, will every vault come with such (or a very similar) bundle, to help empty it?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gah, stupid me buying this thinking it was 20 heroic tokens.

Oh well, got a level 4 vibranium jet for Okoye at least. First time since supports came out I actually found something I felt confident putting ISO into.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Gah, stupid me buying this thinking it was 20 heroic tokens.

Oh well, got a level 4 vibranium jet for Okoye at least. First time since supports came out I actually found something I felt confident putting ISO into.
    Vibranium jet? Would that be the royal talon fighter jet, or the vibranium ore? Or both?  :)
    Congrats on a lvl 4 though, wish i had one of those....
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, $20 worth of HP in the bundle, so basically it's $10 for an LT, 3 Advanced Support tokens, 20 Vault tokens, 5k ISO (of the wrong color...) and 10 CP?

Not bad. I think the biggest drawback to this bundle is the general average reception of the Vault in general, even though it isn't really off by MPQ standards.

I do kinda hope these are monthly, even if I probably won't buy them. I think the bundles have been good to support the game, and having a direct avenue to get some tokens is a good thing (even if we're all grumpy that one doesn't exist for non-paying players). Throwing in the tokens is a gamble for possibly even more. With the limited groups of 16 supports, seems like a decent way to chase what you want while supporting the game at the same time. (still kinda rough that we're only talking 3 1/16 shots at a specific support, but that's better than most everything else in the game except Latest 5* characters, right?)

I'd still like to see some tweaks/improvements to the Support Circuit format, even something as simple as the Big Pin giving a Basic token, or hell, even a random Rank 1 Support from the grouping (the way some events like Webbed Wonder give a random cover?). But I think Bundles like these every cycle are a decent idea.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overtime you guys have made it so much easier to not pay for the game but making the bundles worse and worst. My wallet thanks you!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Nearly twice the price ($46.99 NZ on Android) of a Logan's Loonies ($24.99 NZ on Android) for 9 more CP, 100 more HP, the tokens and ISO.

Yeah, nah.

• Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    No red ISO in a support oriented bundle?
    That comes from the dupe supports you may or may not get......
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Will anyone actually buy this?

20 x chance to get a duplicate cover or a 2* 

no thanks I think I’ll pass , 

how about making more ways to get real access to the supports instead of leaving it to chance 

in both PVE & PVP you can win 3* and 4* covers through placement and progression  

why cant you just do that for supports ?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not easy to pin a value on 20 Support Vault tokens because the Vault is live for another 17 days. They could be worth:

1) 17*100HP daily deal + 3 * 400 HP daily deal) = 2900 HP OR

2) 2 x 2800HP daily deal = 5600 HP OR

3) 1 X 2800HP daily deal plus 19 X 100 HP daily deal = 4700HP

At a minimum, this bundle is worth at least 5900HP, which is close to 2 Logan's Loonies (5800HP) or 39.98. 

This is based only on HP. Logically speaking, compared to a normal HP deal, you are getting more value out of your bucks because I have not factored in other resources.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

how about making more ways to get real access to the supports instead of leaving it to chance 

in both PVE & PVP you can win 3* and 4* covers through placement and progression  

Because 1 cover is 1/13 of a character. But winning a support once means you have it forever.

This deal still seems like decent value when adjusting for mpq's over-monetized baseline.  $10 for 9cp, 1LT, 3x advanced support tokens, 5k iso and ~5k HP (as compared to buying 2x 10 packs from the vault with the daily discount).
     That might not be great value for the cash, but it is better than most purchases we are permitted to make in this game.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    I've been waiting for a bundle, but this being a support-focused one means it's a major pass from me. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Won't be buying this myself, but seems like a much better value than the costume bundles.
    The costumes offered 75 cps for $75. If a LL token equals 25 cp then we are already at 35 cps for $30.
    Add in the rest of the items as gravy to sweeten the pot.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    It's not easy to pin a value on 20 Support Vault tokens because the Vault is live for another 17 days. They could be worth:

At a minimum, this bundle is worth at least 5900HP, which is close to 2 Logan's Loonies (5800HP) or 39.98. 

This is based only on HP. Logically speaking, compared to a normal HP deal, you are getting more value out of your bucks because I have not factored in other resources.
    Why, is it hard, how much are 20 2*'s worth?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly said:

Why, is it hard, how much are 20 2*'s worth?
    Depends: 
    1. Not farming - 5000 ISO
    2. Farming - 2/5ths of 65000 ISO (26,000) & 125 HP (50) + 20 champ rewards (either immediately or delayed).
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they should have called this the Boredom Support.  As in, "I've finished Sinister 6 and have no PVE to play.  No tokens to earn....so bored.  Maybe I'll just buy this bundle for something to do."
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    Vhailorx said:

Because 1 cover is 1/13 of a character. But winning a support once means you have it forever.

That's sort of true but not quite. Technically supports are in 5ths (ranks) instead of 13ths. You can get rank 1 support over and over again but it doesn't stack or provide any way to reach rank 2 and beyond like covers stack. So giving out rank 1 supports cheaply is not much different than giving out a single cover color repeatedly (imagine the Howard PvE event giving just a Green Howard cover over and over again instead of a random cover). Esp since Rank 1 only grant a small portion of what the support can do (partial powers, low levels similar to how multiple covers in a single color on a regular character work).

There's no reason to not make Rank 1 supports readily available to CL7 and beyond in progression and a viable argument to make Rank 2 readily available to CL 9. Then gating off Rank 3-5 to vault draws wouldn't seem near as bad. Even at a rate of earning 1 different support a week would take 43 weeks to get them all (48-5 infinity stones) and by then there will surely be another 9 new supports so that would mean a year to acquire 1 of every support type at Rank 1. That's hardly wrecking the Rank 3-5 support economy/pursuit.

KGB
    You said exactly what I was thinking.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:

Support Circuit Bundle
    • Start: 2/7/19, 12pm ET
    • End: 2/11/19, 12pm ET
    • Price: $29.99 USD (converted to your region's currency and/or platform)
    • Content:
      • 20x Support Circuit Vault Tokens
      • 3x Advanced Support Store Tokens
      • 1x Latest Legends Token
      • 3,000 Hero Points
      • 5,000 Iso-8
      • 10x Command Points
    Humm... Mb when supports are used in pvp