Support PVE Results

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
Maybe we can keep this discussion rolling until the end of the first vault and the devs could get some useful data out of it.  We know that they introduced this new one day event with good intentions.

The question is, are they living up to the expectations of the community and/or giving us more supports as intended?

So far, I've placed top 50 in both events.  I did CL9 in the first (ended 40th sub optimally) and in the second CL8 (ended 15th with about 30 points separating most of us.)

I cashed in all earned tokens and have done the daily 100 HP deal every day.  That's given me 22 supports vault pulls with 19 days remaining.

So far I've gotten zero supports or in-vault support tokens.  I'm no doubt on the severe end of RNG here, but how is everyone else fairing?  

Lets try to keep this data oriented and less about how we feel about the event/vault please.  

Comments

• Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    I have played only the first day (SCL 9). And I pulled the daily deal since it opens. I was lucky enough to get the Master Support Token. Unfortunately, I got a duplicate.
  • zippee
    zippee Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    His name is Ares
    he has friend Cap America on the 2nd floor
    they have many uncommon friends
    thats all I get in this vault,
    Just don't ask me how I am.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Living up to my expectations, easily skip-able to not waste any of my time on something I don't care about.  Did maybe 50% of the first and 0% of this one.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

First week I started the grind far too late and got top 200.

Second week I started the grind just a Little bit too late and got top 50.

Doing the Daily Deal for the single pull in the vault every day, so I am up to 21 pulls now. Got a two-star Pocket Radio and a Beginner Support Token (I Think it gave a onestar duplicate support) on the support front.

I did get a onestar Royal Talon Fighter from a BST I got from the Webbed Wonder vault though. I definitely approve of making all supports accessible even if it is for limited periods of time.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    zippee said:
    His name is Ares
    he has friend Cap America on the 2nd floor
    they have many uncommon friends
    thats all I get in this vault,
    Just don't ask me how I am.

I've got one, two, three, four, five
    2* working overtime
    Trying to be the vault reward everytime

• vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Think I'm gonna be skipping these, just seem like a time sink for the worthless awards.  If I continue to play them I'll just play for the progression 10 cps and not bother doing a grind for an extra vault token or 2.  I buy the daily 100 hp deal from the vault everyday and still haven't gotten anything of note.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Generally speaking, the expectation is a minimum Rank 4 support of the player's choice, which should be gotten via only progression rewards, which means no HP bundles, no CP bundles, and hiding Support tokens in placement rewards are not allowed.

So, the answer is no, and my prediction is the devs will still not be able to live up to many's expectations by 1 Jan 2020.

Moving on, I got only dupe supports via 2 Advanced and 1 Beginner tokens from the vault because I'd already bought a few Support bundles (both 4800HP and 250CP options).

With that being said, the 250CP and 4800HP received a huge nerf to their values after supports were made more available to the players. Adding that extra Advance and Master Support tokens in the 250 CP bundle doesn't help at all because instead of a guaranteed Rank 4 support, I'm getting Rank 3 supports. The probability of me buying another such bundle has dropped to 5%.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    My expectation of an event specifically created to make supports more available is that they should be guaranteed at some level to anybody that can complete progression. This is not the case, so no, doesn't not the mark for me.
    That having been said, I'd rather this exist than not, and eventually I'll get a support from the vault tokens (0  for 10 so far).
    As it stands it's just a question of whether or not I want to put in the time for the 11cp.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I've gotten T200 both times because I just play to the 7CP and bail.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    Yea, I stepped down to the SCL7 level after the first grind, and that made it more manageable to grind that event and then my daily grind of the current PVE on Tuesday. I am probably going to adapt the 5 clears and done, though, as the grind above that gives nothing of note.
    I've drawn the daily deal, and the only support of note I've received was a 3-star Pocket Radio. The other tokens have all been dupes at the same or lower level as I currently own.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Think I'm gonna be skipping these, just seem like a time sink for the worthless awards.  If I continue to play them I'll just play for the progression 10 cps and not bother doing a grind for an extra vault token or 2.  I buy the daily 100 hp deal from the vault everyday and still haven't gotten anything of note.

Have you considered playing a lower SCL? Less CP, sure, but much quicker play.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    First time, I played SCL 5 to try it out.  Got Top 50 with non-optimal play.
    Second time since I had less time, I played SCL 4.  Finished 3 hours early and still was Top 3!  As a reward, I got a support token which game me rank one  Royal Talon Fighter that  I put on my lvl 300 (2/0/1) Okoye.  I haven't noticed a difference though I have been putting red ISO into that support.  Maybe because she's so undercovered???
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    20 pulls so far between rewards and buying the 100 HP deal for a week. One Advanced Support token which was a 2* Support dupe. One Beginner Support token which I don't remember how it turned out. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't game changing.

In my opinion, the vault is way too big and has too much non-support related stuff in it. After a week of spending on the daily deal, I've decided to hold onto my HP and just be happy with whatever RNG gives me.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    Vins2 said:
    ignore function
    Click on the username to go to their profile. There's a link next to "Message" with a dropdown menu.
    THANK YOU!
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    I've completed T100 first time (cleared all 6 non-optimal) around T200 2nd time around (clear everything 4x), earned 10 Support tokens total.  I'm not interested in grinding more in it unfortunately.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Between tokens and 100HP daily deals I've taken 23 pulls from the vault so far, and am yet to get a single support or support token. Marvelous.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    I've placed 9th in both events (different SCLs though) so that is 4+2 vault tokens for each, i've also been doing the daily 100hp deal, and once i got a 10x pack too. Today that puts me at 33 pulls from the vault.

2/6 supports (1*talon fighter, 2*blackbird)
    0/3 master t
    0/6 advanced t
    6/15 beginner tokens

3x Riso
    7x Iso
    3x 3*
    12x 2*

The rest is personal perception i think. For me this is good. Very very good.

Im a 3* player and until fairly recently i never had hp for anything, as i was busy with rostering. As such i was never able to buy a hp bundle or empty a vault etc. I didnt have 4* or higher supports (i still dont actually). Almost all of them at 1* or 2*, the few 3*s are rare treasures.

I had 23 of 42 supports (almost all through free tokens or gifts etc) and basically no way of getting more or improving what i already had.

Of the 6 tokens i pulled i opened only 3. The first two were new for me, and the third was a 1* dupe, which made me reevaluate the store and decide to hoard for the next one. So now the other 3 are set aside (at least for now).

Both supports pulled from the vault were new to me too, so in about 10 days i've gained 4!! new supports. That right now is already light years ahead of the previous pace of getting them.

Yes, the vault is too big, and it has far too much 2*s in it. And new odds arent good for getting anything better than 3*supports. But at least there is something now and i'm thankful for that. I hope things improve, this isnt perfect by any means but its a fair start.

I will continue to focus on this (for me its worth it) and hope that RNGesus is good to me, and helps me into an advanced or even a master token eventually. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 more pulls, 5 more 2*. At least it is consistant.

Vins2 said:
    Generally speaking, the expectation is a minimum Rank 4 support of the player's choice, which should be gotten via only progression rewards, which means no HP bundles, no CP bundles, and hiding Support tokens in placement rewards are not allowed.
    Stop trying to speak for other's expectations, especially when you're just hyperbolizing a group of players you have a clear bias against.  What exactly are you trying to incite?  I wish they could bring back the ignore function.

22 pulls, top 20 in scl9 both times.  One beginner support token that's being hoarded. 
    I would be perfectly happy to get ANY Support, I still don't have all of the originals, let alone a high ranked one! No idea what Mr. Shadow is going on about.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I placed top 50 in CL 7 this week, and just missed top 50 last week in CL8, so have had ten draws from the vault.
    One of those was a master support token that gave me a rank 3 Avengers Tower (upgrading my rank 2 version).  Those master support tokens are a bit of a disappointment with > 50% chance of giving a rank 3 now :(