Alliance command structure needs a rethink

I notice many times when trawling dead alliances for new players to rescue them from the solitude of being the only active player, that the commanders are all usually long gone from playing.
i feel the game has a major flaw in the way the command in an alliance is structured that creates this problem.
surely it would be far better for each alliance to only have one commander, and two vice-commanders. There could also be the rank of officer available which could be available to recognise players for their contribution to the alliance and upto 17 members can be promoted to this rank.
the commander should have the ability to demote and promote all below him/her. Same for vice-commanders. The commander should also be able to change the alliance name via a simple button.
only commanders and vice-commanders can change private/public alliance and purchase settings. Officers up can admit a pending member but can’t boot. This would resolve so many problems found in active alliances and reduce the number of dead or inactive alliances. Yes if the commander quits the game without demoting him/her self, then the issue would still be there, but it would only be that one person that would create that problem. Having only 1 rank means you can’t really show you appreciate a members efforts except by giving them maximum ranking and few alliances want half the members to all be in charge, that just leads to trouble. By having a position of captain, they can be recognised but have limited power. 

I just feel that would so much improve how alliances are run, how they function and how they operate, meaning more fun for everyone with good organised, well structured command

i know the issue has been raised before about commanders quitting the game causing an alliance to become clogged with inactive players, but this offers a solution and an improvement on the game I feel

Comments

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I like the idea of one commander and two vice-commanders.
    I am undecided about the idea of creating the rank of officers.  
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    If a commander in your Alliance is inactive you can ask Customer Service to demote them to regular members. Then Another commander kan kick them from the Alliance. They will not to this to the person who started the Alliance though, if that person is inactive you could Always start a new Alliance and move all the Active players to that one.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bugeyed said:
    I notice many times when trawling dead alliances for new players to rescue them from the solitude of being the only active player...
    Someone needs to give this guy/gal a humanitarian prize. A free Kitty cover, or something.