How did you do in support circuit?

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    1 x clear all, except 3 on boss node, 4 on node before.
    Daily deals have been kinder to me, got a 3* Talon Fighter this morning out of a basic token. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Getting boot out of top 10 by players with multiple 5-star rosters playing in lower SCL again.  :s
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lucked into a master support token from this week's vault pulls.  Unfortunately it turned into a duplicate rank 3 Avengers Tower which was pretty disappointing.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Support event ends. No supports earned. lol
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    I lucked into a master support token from this week's vault pulls.  Unfortunately it turned into a duplicate rank 3 Avengers Tower which was pretty disappointing.
    Same. Only difference is I got a rank 3 Korg who is all but useless unless he's Rank 5 and even then he needs teams with enemy specials to have any real value.

KGB
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    In week 1, I got a pair of 1* supports I didn't previous have from Beginner Support token draws.  This week, it's been all 2*'s save for a nominal amount of regular iso-8. Hopefully weeks 3 & 4 will be kinder with regards to actually getting supports (this cycle in the tokens has two I really want, but haven't had any luck acquiring--Pocket Radio & Quantum Realm).
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Now that it's Week 2 and I've actually noticed that it's a 4-week (plus the off-week) cycle until the supports in the store change, it feels like an unnecessarily long time to wait for them to be different. There's maybe one support that I'd vaguely like to get hold of that I don't already have some version of, and it could be months until it's available. Why not switch up the groups of 16 every week when there's a new Support Circuit event, rather than every five? People will either appreciate new options, or they don't give a damn and are just opening them as they go anyway.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Rather than play in the 2nd wave, I bought a 10-pack of tokens. Got two advanced packs (4* Quantum Realm, 3* Pizza Dog) and the 2* Blackbird from the vault.

My time ~ rewards ratio will never be better than it is right now. Until those advanced packs become a progression reward, I don't think I'll have anything to do with this new support system.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019
    Gave the second round my best efforts....And placed 9 in scl9....
    from the tokens I got, only few iso and 2 stars...
    From Next time on, I will play only for progression rewards, because the supports PVE simply is not worth the efforts required
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019

Grind grind grind grind grind.  All this game is anymore.   I know others have said they like the different teams they go against.  For me, this is about getting 1st place for the top rewards.  I didn’t even pay close attention to who I was playing. The only thing I looked at is who has the least amount of health so I can take them out in 1/2 moves.  That’s all I care about.  Maybe that is wrong but I bet many of the top end PVE players that are pushing for 1st would feel the same way.  
    You are absolutely right....And this is the reason I am startin to hate this game: the race against time has deprived all the fun. We took off the animation (that were the fun part because you felt your heroes were alive) because we need to clear faster. We have been forced to use only our top characters, 2 or 3, over and over(for me JJ and half Gthor, with Strange or America....but always them.)...The others over 150 characters are simply collecting dust from their shelves.
    Is this the way the game should be?
    I don't think so.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Still waiting to get an actual support from these
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Got 29th overall.  Pulled a rank 1 beads which I did t have but doesn't really help my 5* roster.  Pulled a dupe rank 1 chimichanga.  So 2 supports through two events plus daily deals and one was a dupe.  Yep, going to look at this as a 10 cp event and go back to not caring about getting supports.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    jamesh said:
    Same. Only difference is I got a rank 3 Korg who is all but useless unless he's Rank 5 and even then he needs teams with enemy specials to have any real value.

KGB
    Looking at it again the next day, it seems I only had a rank 2 Avengers Tower previously so this was an improvement.  I guess the process of opening the token looked so similar to what I would see when getting duplicate supports from the old basic tokens that I didn't notice the difference.
    Combine that with the disappointment of getting a rank 3 support from a master token and it was easy to miss.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I got 2nd place in the latest Support Circuit, about 45 mins total of work. Got a 2* Cull Obsidian dupe. Thank goodness for this wonderful new access we have to supports!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Kingpin + AP feeding Maggia Don was so terrible even at SCL 7 that I didn't even bother getting to the boss pins.  Lose the repeatable node grind and maybe I'll consider playing, but this much effort in 24 hours (for a questionably-used feature at best) is some very small feline indeed.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    They really should've run this at the same time as the boss event this weekend. As it was I didn't have the time or the interest to be bothered.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that a couple of weeks have gone by I've been able to formulate more of an opinion on this new event.

What I like:
    Four Clears: This gets me max progression rewards and I can stop. I have yet to do more than 4 clears either time Support Circuit has run. There's no 'for-the-alliance' pressure to do more. I'm willing to do more clears if placement rewards improve, but it's nice to have the option to stop at four when I'm feeling burned-out or pressed for time.

More ISO: Yeah, I'm one of those players who still needs ISO. I've got nine 4-stars left, each sitting on 13 covers waiting for ISO, and Namor will join them soon enough. I've got a 12 cover Fatpin who's shortly going to need a pile of ISO as well. Support Circuit gives me a nice shot of the purple stuff.

Choose-Your-Own-Difficulty: If progression is your goal, the prize differences between SCLs is largely insignificant. I'm playing in SCL 6. I don't care about placement so I'm not getting in anybody's way. All I care about is my ISO, some CP, and a few tokens. The fact that I don't need to slog it out against level 450 opponents in order to get that is much appreciated.

What I don't like:
    More 2-stars: People griping about the Circuit Vault have a legitimate beef. The developers have a real opportunity with Support Circuit to make supports more available, but a 240 item vault with 6 mostly-**** supports and 24 support tokens isn't doing that. This game is already over-saturated with 2-star rewards. I get more of those than I do 1-stars (which is a weird complaint to make, I know). While my farm appreciates the fertilizer, a lot of us are still looking for a clear path to supports.

Bad Placement Rewards: The existing placement rewards are not enough to motivate me into playing this event competitively, or elevating my SCL.

Monday: Monday? Really? While I understand not everyone has the same schedule, I have to imagine the largest percentage of players have more time on the weekends. Maybe I'm wrong.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Only cleared the first mission and one other, just enough for an elite token in the progression rewards. Not enough time and better rewards in other events. I don't foresee myself playing the support event at all in the future
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    The difference in rewards for placing 4th place and 50th place in CL9 is 50 Hero Points and 650 Red ISO. If you are playing at that level competitively, that is insignificant.

So if you are not in at least third (or a very close fourth) after initially clearing the normal nodes, I suppose I appreciate the game letting me know I can take it easy.

Just getting most of the green checks in the final grind put me in 18th place this week. Last week I played it like a normal PvE and landed in the 'not quite good enough' 4th place.

Which, to be clear, the difference in that placement in any other competitive thousand person bracket event in this game would give me at least two extra covers and three extra tokens - including the only regular token that helps advance a 5* roster.

Instead, I missed out on the equivalent of a SHIELD Intercept or random daily login award.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Kojubat said:
    The difference in rewards for placing 4th place and 50th place in CL9 is 50 Hero Points and 650 Red ISO. If you are playing at that level competitively, that is insignificant.

So if you are not in at least third (or a very close fourth) after initially clearing the normal nodes, I suppose I appreciate the game letting me know I can take it easy.
    Completely agree and was only planning for t50 this round, but after finding myself in 3rd place after initial clears I fought hard at the end. A perfectly timed final clear scored me 1st place (in scl9 no less) and a Master Support token. Oddly enough, I have also hit 2 beginner tokens from the Namor and Friends vault. Those are all being saved for a more exciting draw pool.

As for the vault pulls...
    Between progression, placement, and daily Daily Deals, I have made 22 pulls so far.

2x 500 riso is all that has been support related.
    3x 3 star characters.
    7x regular iso including 5000 three times.
    10x 2 stars for the rest.

I plan to keep hitting the daily deals the this vault, but not continue next season.