***** Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men) *****

1235»

Comments

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Kitty's red can be crazy good in the right situations. Especially when you have your protect tiles out getting buffed, and take an enemy's passive ability damage that does -1. You still get the attack tiles each time that hits:
    Medusa's CD, Black Bolt, and amazingly against Thor's green once your protects get strong enough; for a few examples.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    5/5/3
    Not sure if this has been asked before,  but why kitty's circuit breaker damage is not boosted by Okoye's wakanda forever? 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    tph_james said:
    Not sure if this has been asked before,  but why kitty's circuit breaker damage is not boosted by Okoye's wakanda forever? 
    Maybe it's a bug, but Circuit Breaker is better than people realize, I think.  It's amazingly defensive, especially against other Kitty teams.  She has a built in counter for herself. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    tph_james said:
    Maybe it's a bug, but Circuit Breaker is better than people realize, I think.  It's amazingly defensive, especially against other Kitty teams.  She has a built in counter for herself. 
    Only at 4 covers, though. Anything else than every turn is just too slow.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    bbigler said:
    tph_james said:
    Only at 4 covers, though. Anything else than every turn is just too slow.

Yeah, I only have 3 Purple covers and it makes a lot of difference. :(
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    tph_james said:
    I was wondering the same thing today and found something that could be an explanation for that.

On top of not being boosted by Okoye's black, the damage I saw also didn't match the description. The description says it'll deal 3344, but when the repeater tile went off on a yellow tile, it dealt 3526 damage instead.

So I did some calculation and it turns out that not only her repeater tile will gain AP when it explodes, it will also deal an additional damage equal to Kitty's match damage of that tile color. My Kitty's yellow tile damage is 182, so it becomes 182 + 3344 = 3526. The math checks out.

This suggests that her repeater tile's damage might be coded in a way that it isn't a damage dealing power, but it acts like Kitty making a match-1 and her passive grants her one time match damage boost (the number written in the power's description)

This would be consistent with how other "increase match damage by x" powers work. For example, Mockingbird's purple increase your match damage and can't be boosted by Okoye's black passive as well, since it isn't considered a damage dealing power. 

I'm not sure if this is working as the devs intended, although I find it confusing that this damage isn't affected by Okoye's black passive. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know Okoye's black feeds most damaging countdowns (ex: Medusa, XFDP) but is it supposed to affect damaging repeater tiles?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Dormammu said:
    I know Okoye's black feeds most damaging countdowns (ex: Medusa, XFDP) but is it supposed to affect damaging repeater tiles?
    It seems to work on repeaters, but the power has to deal direct damage in someway (GRRR's green is not boosted by Okoye, but Human Torch's green is for example).
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    5* Loki and Kingpin's green both do as expected. 
    Kitty is different, as someone else stated it's almost as if Kitty is simply adding damage to the destruction of the tile that was replaced - not the repeater itself dealing the damage for Okoye to boost.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    The way its worded in the description of Circuit breaker, it seems to fit that theory.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks to the Fan Favorites store in the Anniversary, I finally got Kitty champed.  Needless to say, I've been using her in the Galactus "The only way the boss can damage you is by having countdown tiles resolve." event.  I've noticed that the first time her Circuit Breaker appears, it's on a random purple tile, rather than one of his countdowns.  After that first one expires, it then starts working on Galactus's normal countdowns.

Is anyone else noticing this?  Has her Circuit Breaker always started off on a random purple tile when you're using her, but not when she's on the AI's team?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks to the Fan Favorites store in the Anniversary, I finally got Kitty champed.  Needless to say, I've been using her in the Galactus "The only way the boss can damage you is by having countdown tiles resolve." event.  I've noticed that the first time her Circuit Breaker appears, it's on a random purple tile, rather than one of his countdowns.  After that first one expires, it then starts working on Galactus's normal countdowns.

Is anyone else noticing this?  Has her Circuit Breaker always started off on a random purple tile when you're using her, but not when she's on the AI's team?
    It always works like that. For the AI as well, but you might not have noticed there because the AI gets to start it a turn earlier.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another day, another Kitty question.

Her Practiced Offense tile was on the board, but was not triggered when the enemy team used 4-star Juggernaut's "Breaker of Stone" team-up ability.  It damaged Iceman, but no attack tiles were created.  Was this because of it was a team up ability, or because the tiles were destroyed but not actually matched?  Kitty's red's description says "...by an enemy power..." so I would have guessed that team ups used by the enemy team that did damage would have triggered this.  Any thoughts?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3
    Breaker of Stone doesn't do any power damage, so it won't trigger Kitty's Practiced Offence.
    Practiced Offence will trigger from team-up abilities.