Hobo fist vs. Lady in Red

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Yeah, short story, got lucky with black and downed her despite her Shadow step. LT was a most wanted Kingpin for the Venom event.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    HoboFist is one of my highest level characters, so this was pretty easy. Denied black, picked up blue and green where I could, and waited for her to fire her purple to get me above the threshold to where blue would make more green. Got enough for a pair of Crowd Controls, and that was all she wrote.
    Token waiting for DOOM.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 287 3/5/5 (respec to 5/5/3) Hobofist

I set Danny's blue to 5 for this match because you need it to end fast against Elektra; the longer a match goes, the more favored she becomes. The danger, of course, is that Daredevil's ex will steal them so I had to deny purple (and black, too). This is actually a tricky match, as Elektra can be quite a foil. My gamble paid off with a blue-heavy board and very little black to be found; I was able to get three big strike tiles out fast with the third fortifying two of them. I finished her off with a cast of green.

Token was a Vulture champ level.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Won first try with lvl 188 (3/2/4) Hobofist with +50% boost in all colors.  I chased after black and waited until after Electra threw her purple to use blue power.  After hitting her with black and a couple of greens, down she went.  

Today was Jean Grey (All New X-Men) day for me.  Daily Supply drop gave me my first purple cover and LT gave me the first blue cover.  Adding that an already four green covers brought her up to lvl 135.  Now, I would love to try her boosted...
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Level 156 1/1/5 Fist
    Q-Realm support for 10% less incoming match damage (wasn't quite sure what to equip here)
    +2 Black AP, +50% green/black damage, +50% blue/purple damage

Considered taking +1 all AP instead of the b/p damage, but figured I'd pick up a random extra black somewhere, and I needed to be able to whittle her down enough for Like Unto Iron to finish her off.

As it turned out, I got stuck on 11 black AP for awhile...

Denying black was the primary goal, especially since I also needed it for my kill shot. Was successful in her never triggering Shadow Step.

I needed to match the first set of Strikes dropped in DD-Cross, so she didn't steal and buff them later. When she got her Ballet going, she dropped a second set, and I was only able to match two of them. Thus, her third DD-Cross gave her a buffed strike.

Just barely got the black in time, and with 25 health remaining, fired Blue-Green-Black for the win.

Token waiting for Doom.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

I set Danny's blue to 5 for this match because you need it to end fast against Elektra
    I don’t know; i left my lv302 Fist at 3/5/5; got to 12 Black relatively quickly, and one-shotted Elektra. I know you had a blue-heavy board lacking in black, but generally i feel 5 in Black is better than 5 in Blue.
    Yeah, I stayed at 3/5/5 as well. Just waited for Elektra to use her purple to give me enough Strikes to start generating green.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the second crash in a row I had a great opening board, and my 5/3/5 level 168 Danny made short work of the fearsome assassin. I think it went so well because even though she cast purple once and red THREE times, she never once managed to cast black.

My reward was a blue Cable, bringing him to 2/0/2.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 279 3/5/5 Fisty of Metal

Fight went: Wham! (Green kick) Bam! (Black punch) Thank you, Ma'am (Legendary Token).
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Lvl 279 3/5/5 Fisty of Metal

Fight went: Wham! (Green kick) Bam! (Black punch) Thank you, Ma'am (Legendary Token).
    Hilarious!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

I set Danny's blue to 5 for this match because you need it to end fast against Elektra
    I don’t know; i left my lv302 Fist at 3/5/5; got to 12 Black relatively quickly, and one-shotted Elektra. I know you had a blue-heavy board lacking in black, but generally i feel 5 in Black is better than 5 in Blue.

Which is why that is my default build. But I didn't want to wait to get 12 black in this fight, I wanted to get fast strikes out and end it early.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    5/5/2 (lvl 250) IronFist started out strong but tapered off at the end when I couldn't get enough Black.

Elektra hung around longer than she really should have, but in the end fell short. Thankfully, she couldn't get enough Black, either.

LLT was Ghost champ reward. Meh.