Venom bomb

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Just reviewed the boosted list. What a disappointment. Kingpin, despite lots of LT draws no luck on him. Domino, level 131. And Vision, bleh. This will be a drag on the essentials. Kitty and R&G to the rescue.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The time to use Vision is when he's boosted. When he can tank colors he's a really good character, but that's going to be for a 3-star player. Not someone with 4s and 5s.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I've been finding him really nice in the Join Forces node, since I've got him near to max-champed, while my Domino is only 209, so he tanks all his colours. I haven't actually managed to fire Heavy Strike yet, because once he gets his blue down, he just punches everyone right out before I get a chance.
  • qandols
    Annndddd... in the eleventh hour I got a kingpin from the LT rewarded in the clash of the titans. Now I can do better in Venom Bomb  B)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    The time to use Vision is when he's boosted. When he can tank colors he's a really good character, but that's going to be for a 3-star player. Not someone with 4s and 5s.
    Thing is that if he's got his Heavy Density on, he's got higher match damage than 5-stars.  My Vision is champed at LVL 180, as my previous one was Max Champed and sold a while ago.  When he has his Density Heavy ability, he's supposed to do an extra 1074 damage per match.  You'd better believe that you let him tank every single color on the board, no matter what other team members I have.  Boosted, his match damage goes up to about 1300 points.

That change alone would make him far more playable.  Throw in having him jump to the front and take damage when his Density: Light tile is up, and he becomes a far, far better character.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfortunately, Vision's blue power only adds damage after the match - meaning it doesn't buff his basic match damage and allow him to tank everything. Vision would be a top-tier 3-star if his blue behaved more like Ghost's blue passive, which buffs her direct match damage by a percentage. Instead, Vision is almost entirely worthless unboosted.
  • sambrookjm
    edited February 2019
    Dormammu said:

Vision would be a top-tier 3-star if his blue behaved more like Ghost's blue passive, which buffs her direct match damage by a percentage. Instead, Vision is almost entirely worthless unboosted.
    Fixed that for you...
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Since this is on the topic of Venom Bomb, and I feel the need to utter my frustration somewhere and this seems a reasonable place.

Could there possibly be a way to change the obscene amount of nodes where active characters get their active color AP boosted? I'm getting real sick and tired of getting photon blasted because the AI is too lazy to fire a CD ability, or having to play against a Doc Oc that gets 4 green AP for free each turn, even if it is on a loaner node. Now I know that Carnage and to a lesser extent  Venom have been cover reduced for this reason, but man this gets annoying when playing a new character event. And somehow it feels like VB is up for char.intro events about half the time.

Yeah, this would be the point where I say thanks in advance, but I almost certainly know it isn't going to be fixed.

Anyway, rant ended. Carry on. Thanks!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Get someone with cheap stun so that the goons will fire off the red power instead of Moonstone?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Get someone with cheap stun so that the goons will fire off the red power instead of Moonstone?

Against level 515 enemies, with a dead weight undercovered Kingpin?
    Good luck with that.
  • qandols
    StevO-J said:
    Since this is on the topic of Venom Bomb, and I feel the need to utter my frustration somewhere and this seems a reasonable place.

Could there possibly be a way to change the obscene amount of nodes where active characters get their active color AP boosted? I'm getting real sick and tired of getting photon blasted because the AI is too lazy to fire a CD ability, or having to play against a Doc Oc that gets 4 green AP for free each turn, even if it is on a loaner node. Now I know that Carnage and to a lesser extent  Venom have been cover reduced for this reason, but man this gets annoying when playing a new character event. And somehow it feels like VB is up for char.intro events about half the time.

Yeah, this would be the point where I say thanks in advance, but I almost certainly know it isn't going to be fixed.

I have always hated that Doc Ock node and you usually get a stuck board where he just fires and fires. Gives you a headache.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevO-J said:

They already did an adjustment of Venom Bomb so that Venom and Carnage aren't fully covered any more - we don't have to deal with Carnage using his red every single turn fortunately. I don't really see them doing Another adjustment unfortunately. :(

On the topic of the essential characters, I Think this has been a pretty fun set for the essential node. Domino can shake up the board so Vision and Black Widow possibly gets some free matches for extra damage. My Domino is champed so she tanks red over Vision, but since her red hits like a truck I don't really mind. :)

• sambrookjm
    StevO-J said:

I ate a couple of Photon Blasts the first time through that Kingpin Node.  My reward from the Venom Bomb Token?  A red Moonstone cover.   :s  :s  :s
  • qandols
    Did the last clear right now. Every board slightly worse than previous. Cascades and unreachable CD:s abound. Makes you boil. Arrrhhhhh.....
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

Against level 515 enemies, with a dead weight undercovered Kingpin?
    Good luck with that.
    Mine weren't even that high and bringing Gamora to stun Moonstone only just barely delayed the inevitable.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevO-J said:

With Carnage, it gets me, but I really don't mind all that much with Doc Ock. I'll take getting hit by Armed and Dangerous over Symbiote Tendrils any day.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    I'm kinda glad I took it easy on this event.
    Pushed hard in Sub 1 and 2, got the Domino cover and the first tier of CP, and stopped after that. The break (even if only two days) felt nice.