Card levelling in Avacyn event inconsistent [Fixed in 3.2 Hot Fix]

Options
ManiiNames
ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
Expected:  Unmastered cards should gain +20 exp when the player wins a match.

Actual:  The first win in a node yields +20, the second rotation through that win only yields +2 exp.   This is contrary to how @Brigby stayed it should work.

Brigby quote from general forum thread on card exp and mastery:  “Hi Everyone. I spoke with the team about this, and they provided me the following information.

"Card Mastery works as it always did, everything is still the same. Cards require the same amount of experience to be mastered since the beginning of the CM feature. The only aspect related that has been changed (since launch [of 3.2]) is the frequency of experience gained from historic encounters.“

//Edited Title -Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• LordDorwin
    LordDorwin Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    Agreed.  I came across this too, and can state that it isn't just AM, Tour de Ravnica has the same problem (eg. if you miss an objective and replay the match you will only get 2 XP).

Staff concerned with this, please either get this fixed or inform the player base (preferably in-game) how it actually works.  Saying one thing and another being the case gives an undesirable impression of shiftiness.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh I am super pissed about card mastery being limited in Training Grounds and other events. I can understand to some extend why they chose to limit it in Story Mode (sort of...) but it's still frustrating that now besides having to farm for runes you also have to grind like crazy to master cards.
    I understand mastery is still a work in progress mechanism, so I really hope this will get resolved. I am not going to jeopardize valuable events (such as TDW, RTO and HOU) or coalition events (such as AM) just to level up some super bad cards (and do it super slowly either way...)
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quote from new dev blog:  Charges-based events, though, remain the same: each charge awarding +20 Card XP.

Avacyn is a charges-based event, and only yielded +2.  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. This should now be fixed thanks to a hot fix patch update.