R171 Release Notes (2/4/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited February 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release notes for the R171 update!

MPQ 171!
  • "Duel Influence"
What's Changed:
  • Huawei devices running EMUI 9 will no longer crash at startup
  • The game will no longer crash when minimizing the game to the background while signing into Google

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

MPQ 171!
    • "Duel Influence"
    I haven't done a stupid guess since Dazzler came out, so here goes:

1) "Duel" clearly refers to Steven Spielberg's debut as a theatrical feature director (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel_(1971_film)), so "Duel Influence" would indicate a truck in Marvel films
    2) The two most recent, prominently-featured trucks in Marvel films that I can recall would be the prison transport in "Deadpool 2" and the Damage Control truck in "Spider-Man: Homecoming".
    3) We already have Vulture & Spider-Man from the "Homecoming" MCU film and Cable, Deadpool & Domino from Deadpool, so that only leaves Juggernaut (...and whatever the kid's name was, but, really, who cares about him?)
    4) Juggernaut Confirmed
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    4* Hood, influenced by Dormammu
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    4* Mister Negative for a late Chinese New Year surprise ;)

or the Wonder Twins  :D  (maybe the power "form of bucket" to use all the blue Namor generates :))

Or to get the End Game festivities started waaaaay early... Ronin (or Swordsman)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alexander Hamilton had too many duels. He was our first Secretary of Treasury. Bobby Drake is an accountant by trade. New Iceman confirmed!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    It's obviously Jewel mispronounced / misspelled whilst under the influence.
    Jewel confirmed.
    Or Two-Gun Kid.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    My first thought was Typhoid Mary, but that would be more "dual" than "duel, would it not?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr Negative?
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    My first thought was Typhoid Mary, but that would be more "dual" than "duel, would it not?
    I would welcome her to MPQ, especially after her turn on that last season of Iron Fist. Certainly the best part of the season.
    she actually had three distinct personalities:
    mary walker - nice version/ original
    Typhoid mary - bad kitty special ops version
    bloody mary(mutant zero) - man hating mutant pryokinetic
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    “Duel Influence”
    So...
    I see...
    It must be time to Du, du, du... dudududuel!?
    Yugi Moto confirmed.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    Arron Burr confirmed.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darth Vader confirmed!......

Or it's referring to Duel of the Fates, so in that case....

John Williams confirmed!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    ZootSax said:
    Brigby said:

MPQ 171!
    • "Duel Influence"
    I haven't done a stupid guess since Dazzler came out, so here goes:

1) "Duel" clearly refers to Steven Spielberg's debut as a theatrical feature director (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel_(1971_film)), so "Duel Influence" would indicate a truck in Marvel films
    2) The two most recent, prominently-featured trucks in Marvel films that I can recall would be the prison transport in "Deadpool 2" and the Damage Control truck in "Spider-Man: Homecoming".
    3) We already have Vulture & Spider-Man from the "Homecoming" MCU film and Cable, Deadpool & Domino from Deadpool, so that only leaves Juggernaut (...and whatever the kid's name was, but, really, who cares about him?)
    4) Juggernaut Confirmed
    I'll agree with your #1, but we've already concluded who Marvel's truck driver really is, in a post from the appropriately named TheRoadWarrior:  5* Ulysses Archer, Cyborg Space Trucker 

<a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/838066#Comment_838066" title="Link: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/838066#Comment_838066">https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/838066#Comment_838066</a>
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Oo its a clue that there will be two Dazzlers

5* Dazzler  confirmed
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dual personalities, but that are fighting one another? Could be Legion, Lizard, Hobgoblin (with the flaming sword), Harry Osborn Green Goblin, Mister Negative.... taking "duel" more literally, I'd be into the Age of Apocalypse Nightcrawler, if he has Uncanny X-Force team affiliation. Fantomex could also fit the bill.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    5* Deadpool 
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    (*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

Hi Everyone,

Here are the Pre-Release notes for the R171 update!

MPQ 171!
    • "Duel Influence"
    What's Changed:
    • Huawei devices running EMUI 9 will no longer crash at startup
    • The game will no longer crash when minimizing the game to the background while signing into Google
    Thanks for this good news! Finally can play MPQ again using my more powerful and battery efficient huwei p20 pro. Been a struggle using my old phone samsung s7. Drains battery fast.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Duel Influence. Duels are fought with swords. Swordsman trained (i.e. influenced) Hawkeye. Q.E.D.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Next character is released on Valentine's Day.

Love, friendship, family, duel, influence... Leads me to Hela.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2019
    Agreed that duels are fought with swords.
    Shatterstar dual wields dual bladed swords.
    Nuff said.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Duel influence" - Duela Dent is Two Face's daughter, more than one face = The Faces ,which can only mean a combined release of 4*  Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood and that my friends is as they say, confirmed.