Leveling Kitty

walkerdog
walkerdog Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
I'm early in 4* land. I've been fortunate with my first few champs (despite starting with DP and Elektra as my first two), getting Medusa, Carnage, HBIM, Blade, Iceman, Prof X (I didn't know I was supposed to keep him in the low 200s... oops), Th4r, XFW (well at least I have XFDP!), and Miles, and I've been VERY fortunate to have hit a good amount of Kitty covers - she's 5/2/1 (with 2 saved yellow covers  :'( ), and I've leveled her to 330. I feel like I should skip leveling her more because I don't want to drive her too high and mess up my matchmaking and so on. 

I play a lot of "Kitty/Medusa, Carnage, + required character (or Medusa/Carnage). My two highest non-Kitty characters are at 278, 277. This puts my average at 295ish - is there much downside to putting ~another 15 levels into kitty? It seems like she does the most tanking, so it'd be nice to have a deeper hit point pool, but if it's a really bad idea, I'd love to know. I can't imagine leveling any other 5* like this at this point, but she's so important to my best viable team that I'm wondering if there's really a sweet spot. It's possible that even leveling her to 330 was dumb, but it gave her so much more durability, letting her take ~3-4 matches between health packs against early pvp rounds, and 1-3 in later rounds (depending on exactly how good the enemy team is and the board).

Thanks!

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The general guideline is to look at what your top level characters usually are including boosts. Don't take her far beyond that. At a very rough guess, I'd say 330 is probably a good limit for now, since 360 is usually given as the "safe" spot for people with fully developed 4* rosters.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    I had most of my well-used 5*s up at 345, and I was able to win matches, but I also had most of the "good" 4*s champed, so I typically had somebody I could use that was boosted. I've seen quite a few people say you can go as high as 375, but I never really wanted to test that before I got my first champable 5*. Now i'm curious what I should do with my other half-covered 5s.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    I've leveled my Kitty to 380 and I don't queue 5* champs at all in PVP.  Since a boosted 4* champ is going to be at least level 370, you can always go up to that point, but I think it's safe to go even higher because your other characters bring the average down.  Boosted (essential) 3*Champs at level 230 reach level 370 too.  So, if you don't mind fighting 2 boosted 4* champs, then taking Kitty to 380 or a little higher should be fine.  But perhaps you should wait for a champed Grocket.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    I've leveled my Kitty to 380 and I don't queue 5* champs at all in PVP.  Since a boosted 4* champ is going to be at least level 370, you can always go up to that point, but I think it's safe to go even higher because your other characters bring the average down.  Boosted (essential) 3*Champs at level 230 reach level 370 too.  So, if you don't mind fighting 2 boosted 4* champs, then taking Kitty to 380 or a little higher should be fine.  But perhaps you should wait for a champed Grocket.
    @bbigler
    How does having Kitty up to 380 affect your SHIELD SIm queue.  Since there are no boosted characters in SS, just wondering how it affects that aspect of the game.  Thanks.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    @bbigler
    How does having Kitty up to 380 affect your SHIELD SIm queue.  Since there are no boosted characters in SS, just wondering how it affects that aspect of the game.  Thanks.
    Shield Sim is a breeze because I can bring my best team, which is Gritty-Dusa.  My opponents are all easy until I get past 1700 points.  Then I use Gritty-Dazzler to fight all the other Gritty teams.  I've decided to level my Kitty higher and see how it affects my PVP opponents. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    bbigler said:
    @bbigler
    Shield Sim is a breeze because I can bring my best team, which is Gritty-Dusa.  My opponents are all easy until I get past 1700 points.  Then I use Gritty-Dazzler to fight all the other Gritty teams.  I've decided to level my Kitty higher and see how it affects my PVP opponents. 
    Thanks for replying@bbigler.  I didn't realize that you were the same person who has the "i'm back" thread under general discussion.  Based on a quick browse of what your last roster update was, your mmr is 313 with Kitty.  If I leveled up Kitty to 380, my mmr would be 341.  That's the only reason I'm hesitating.  Thanks for your food for thought....