How did you do in support circuit?

How did you do in support circuit? Did you have fun? What do you wish was different?

I got 15th place, it was not fun. My rewards were blah. Though I did get two new supports (rank 1)! And I basically wish it was entirely different. 

Having played Smash Bros a lot recently this came to mind:

A mode that had randomly selected supports that refreshed every 12 hours, like so:

The rarer the support, the less often it showed up. The greater the reward, the more challenging the event. For example, requiring certain characters, enemy team level, modes of difficulty (lowered health for your team, start with CDs on the board that prevent access to that ap color, etc) 

The hardest challenges could involve a cost to enter. Though failure in those should still reward, say some tokens for the big valut, heroic tokens, riso, etc.  And occasionally for special events or what have you, they could offer other non-support items, like covers, just straight riso, LTs, etc. 

Anyhow, support circuit was far from fun, far from what I had hoped. But ultimately I'm happy to play non-optimally for 10 more cp a week. 

Comments

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I keep wondering how fun a challenge would be:
    Kingpin, Pun (Max), Bullsey3 would be against AI version of DD5, JJ5, C4ge

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards

I think the general philosophy of "it's a marathon, not a sprint" applies here.  The support circuit (and in particular, the support circuit vault,) are going to add a lot of support tokens and supports to the game.  I think they're still going to be much too rare, considering they're not that good, but if this is a first step then it is a start.

I entered the S1.9 bracket blind (is anyone updating these, btw?) cleared relatively leisurely, but ground more-or-less optimally at the end (I ended a tiny bit early.)  I felt like it.  I made rank 6, which is definitely better than I expected - if I was a tiny bit faster on the clear or grind I might have made the coveted 3, but I'm not particularly bitter about it.

I did draw two tokens out of my vault draws - nothing new but that will probably happen sooner or later.  I also drew the 4* (Coulson in mine,) which makes me very happy.

Overall, I like it, but I don't think it distributes supports quite right, based on how much they impact the game.  I think fairly constant play of it will result in pretty much all the supports at 2-3 sooner or later, but rank 5 supports are going to still be profoundly rare.

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I took 1st in support circuit and got the MASTER TOKEN!!!   Happy time!!  Oh....well I got a 3* support from
    this.  This is just like getting an LT and having them change the odds so 3* are in there now.  That has just left me not carry about this as much.  

Grind grind grind grind grind.  All this game is anymore.   I know others have said they like the different teams they go against.  For me, this is about getting 1st place for the top rewards.  I didn’t even pay close attention to who I was playing. The only thing I looked at is who has the least amount of health so I can take them out in 1/2 moves.  That’s all I care about.  Maybe that is wrong but I bet many of the top end PVE players that are pushing for 1st would feel the same way.  
    I paid attention to whether they had goons. But those last three nodes I couldn't tell you who I faced. I wasn't even going for placement. I just knew with six clears each node and pending PvE grind I just wanted to be done.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    T10 finish in CL7. With the extra token I lucked into a beginner support  token from the vault and  that turned into a L2 support (can't even remember which one. LOL)

KGB
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    I came in fourth place in a CL9 bracket.

I have plenty of experience just missing a reward tier, so it was not soul crushing or anything. However, it does not encourage me to try harder next time - quite the opposite.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kojubat said:
    I came in fourth place in a CL9 bracket.

I have plenty of experience just missing a reward tier, so it was not soul crushing or anything. However, it does not encourage me to try harder next time - quite the opposite.
    Exact same. Plus I have pulled absolutely nothing from all the tokens and daily deals. My best pull was 500 riso. Otherwise just 2* and iso for me. Not even a 3*. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Including 3* supports in master support tokens is indefensible given the the rarity of those tokens (even with the new event and vault).

I finished 22nd with 6/6 clears, sup-optimally.  I could have done top 10 with some more work, but top 3 was out of reach, so went with more sleep instead of optimal grinding.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got pushed out of top 10 because there were a number of players with many champed 5* jumping down to lower scl to taking the top spots. Regardless, I got majority of the supports so I'm going to get lots of dupes anyway.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did 4 clears for progression. Scl 9 placed about 350 I think. All I was interested in was the 10 cp. They still treat supports as too rare.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Started doing the 4 clears of the easy nodes then came to the realization that I don't want to grind out another 66 times or whatever so I did the four clears then one clear of everything else to the big node and cleared that easily all 3 times. It wasn't fun, new or entertaining. I only enjoyed the boss node. Rewards we're **** couldn't be asked to do the rest. Game is too much of a chore even with good characters that make it quick. 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Finished 497th!  lol, what can I saw I do have a life outside this game
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    I started on CL7 using Thanos to kill everyone. 
    I cleared once through, hit the boss node 3 times and the one before 4 times then stopped. I can't envisage me doing even that much again any time soon. 

To me, this should have been progression only and open for 5 days.

Still, got a 4* Korg from a basic token of of the vault.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished 10th. got a 1* Tinkerer and some ISO...red ISO...2* covers...nothing exciting.

I don't know if I'll continue trying for placement after this. Doing a Thanos/Daredevil/OML run every monday and tuesday night will get old fast. At least with normal PvEs I have a 5* I can mix things up with on occasion.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    I did scl7 and slice 3 i think. I joined an hour late and it must have just flipped as i was #2 when clearing the first node, but went downhill from there as the 5* rosters swished-by me. :)
    While i had no problems with the large pins, but 2 of the normal nodes were especially tough on me, and all in all it required a lot of time, effort and health packs to do the initial 4 clears.
    Hoping that many have indeed lost interest, i cleared to 7 times the next day and ended up 9th. (Might have been better if my last match counted, but i guess i overran the end time).
    Interestingly it said i ranked 9th of 949 players... wth?! I guess a lot of people didnt bother or didnt even know perhaps...

Come to think of it, i dont remember any in-game announcements about a new 24hr event coming up. Would non-forum users even have known to look out or wait for it?
     I mean even someone who logs in only a few times a week might have considered trying something new, if they'd known...

Anyway, im considering dropping an scl or three, to make my life easier, we'll see.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cleared lazy 4X initial, 2X for node rewards final (3X on trivial since it's one move).  Ended 57th.  Token produced a dupe Rank 2 Blackbird.  Using daily deals (single and a 10 pack) gave me two Master tokens.  

There are so many suggestions for how to make this better.  Some more involved than others, but it's a good example of how asking some community questions up front might have been better for all involved.  Or paying attention to your own recent polls which asked people what kind of events they liked, etc.

I hope the developers do as they say and evolve this event and process to be more like what players are saying they want.  Which doesn't mean just giving all the tokens away like candy, but finding a non-grindy event structure would help a lot as a start.
  • Welforj1
    Welforj1 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Tried SCL 9 and did 7 clears on all nodes bar 2. Ended up 98th and didn't pull 1 support token from the event vault. ( Event Award Black Widow 2*) . What is the point in a support event if you're only going to gain the normal daily dross., surely the clue should be in the event title. The event was Whaled, and I went from 11th to 98th in a 10 minute period. Would I play again yes for the CP only. Having read the preliminary notes prior to the event I was under the impression it intended to be more relaxed! Ho Ho Ho .....     Waste of time..
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    edited January 2019
    Did everything four times as soon as the event started, then came back an hour before the end of the event and did everything another two times, plus grinded some nodes to zero.

I was 51st....

The event gets a big NOPE from me, not fun
  • Ragnarok
    Ragnarok Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I was third in the 4 clears in CL8.  But I skip end grind because I rather spent times with my kids playing Nintendo Switch.  PVE and PVP is already took most my times already, so another grind base pve.  No thank you.
    all my tokens from progression give me most of the 2 star.  
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Cleared it non-optimal: green checked everything in one haul. The time slices are rough for EST and I'm not cracking that T3 anyway so didn't care about placement at all but ended up 70ish.
    All my tokens were garbage but the rice was nice and I don't see how people can complain about the CP payout - it is almost 50% better than a usual sub!

Some blech, some meh and some alright rewards but boring/bland and if it wasn't for a 48 hr DPvMPQ sub then I might not have even hit prog for the CP. I gotta call this one a fail. There are lotsa good ideas to improve it and I foolishly hope that it gets an overhaul NOW rather than slotting it in the to-do pile behind the next 4 characters or shipped off to die like FfW or PoP. 

We don't want another 4*/more dilution when we ask for character re balances to the meta  and we don't want more grind when we say we want Gauntlet back as a supplemental, non-timed event that runs for an extended period of time. 
    People don't like the taste of Aspartame in their soda so they go out of their way to buy Mexican Pepsi with "real sugar";  It's like the devs go hey we hear that you don't like Diet Coke, so we are very excited to announce Coke Zero!
    How about you just put cane sugar in the REGULAR Coke like people have been asking for instead of clever chemistry that leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths