Support Circuit is ridiculous

Options
Team of 3-star all Championed just getting slaughtered. Complete wipes on a regular basis.

What is the deal with this event? 

It obviously isn't made for "semi-casuals" like me. 

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What SCL did you choose?
  • Vigilance
    Vigilance Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I always choose the recommended one based on my level, which is 42.

Most of the time I can do the events fine. I have 6 champion 3 stars, no real usable 4 stars (2 with 5 covers). 

Just got completely wiped in round 7 before I even got to fire a power. It's a ridiculous team. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vigilance said:

Most of the time I can do the events fine. I have 6 champion 3 stars, no real usable 4 stars (2 with 5 covers). 

Just got completely wiped in round 7 before I even got to fire a power. It's a ridiculous team. 
    So, SCL 7? Might be a bit high for you when you only have six 3-stars champed and an event with a small boost list (just the weekly).
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The SCLs unlock at lower levels than people are usually ready to take them on. I usually think of SCL7 as being for those in the later parts of 3* play, or even those who are solidly in 4* land. I didn't start regularly playing above SCL7 until I had a 5* champed.
  • Vigilance
    Vigilance Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I somehow didn't know I could pick lower levels for the events. 

I am on level 7 and the Level 165 Blade/Hulk/Thing just murdered me. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have nearly all 4* champed and three 5* and only recently climbed to SCL 8.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vigilance said:

That's not actually recommended, that's the just level you can choose to go in them.  They unlock ridiculously low.  I suspect some of this is for people who want more challenging game play.  You're better off looking at the level of combatants to figure out which SCL to do.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For a roster like yours I really wouldn't say it is even worth "punching up" in this event. You could easily play down to SCL4 or 5 and you won't be missing out on very much for the effort required.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vigilance said:
    I somehow didn't know I could pick lower levels for the events. 

I am on level 7 and the Level 165 Blade/Hulk/Thing just murdered me. 
    Could still be possible, start with Thing first and keep Red tiles off the board, and you'll stand a chance. Depends a lot on if any of your 6 champed 3*s are boosted, though. Iron Fist / Magneto / Luke Cage did pretty good work for me, back in the day.