Lich's Mastery casting conformation

starfall
starfall Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
Could we have a dialogue box to confirm whether we want to cast Lich's Mastery or not? I know that this behaviour is very uncommon for a support, but it's not unheard of, as Cast Out asks for casting confirmation.

In particular, casting multiple copies of LM can be very damaging to you, and in this modern era of free spells, accidentally putting two into play can be a real possibility.

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shame on you for cheating by using an obviously bugged card.  You deserve the confusion *sarcasm*

In all seriousness, though, you're probably right about this.  But I do like how this kind of balances a really powerful card.  You can use it, but you've got to be really careful with it.
  • techmarine5
    techmarine5 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Mburn7 said:
    Shame on you for cheating by using an obviously bugged card.  You deserve the confusion *sarcasm*

In all seriousness, though, you're probably right about this.  But I do like how this kind of balances a really powerful card.  You can use it, but you've got to be really careful with it.
    You would be right, except that support removal is a thing. It means that you have to be conscientious about your deck building, instead of just tossing in your best cards for an event. Just with creatures, hard removal is the built in counter to a card that is too powerful, especially with a card that has such a huge downside built in- a third of your health.
  • LordDorwin
    LordDorwin Posts: 78 Match Maker
    edited December 2018
    When I use this card (mostly in PvE, where you can face idiotically overpowered enemies), I generally switch it off before charging it, then keep it in my hand until needed, when I turn it on to be played.

Tossing it in in the early stages of the game can be detrimental, and it's better to wait and see if the opponent has some sort of support removal ability.

I do the same with In Bolas's Clutches - if there aren't creatures to steal, using it is a waste of mana.

Cast Out is a bit different, as it requires you to specify what to disable, so the ability to decline to use it is more a side effect of that. 

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually cast out did auto cast prior to.. Update whatever. I always found it counter intuitive to use a confirmation for a support.. But hey, at least Greg did benefit as well.

• LordDorwin
    Actually cast out did auto cast prior to.. Update whatever. I always found it counter intuitive to use a confirmation for a support.

Agree with you there - Cast Out is one of the few supports which offer a choice of targets.  I actually turn all supports affecting creatures (and Lich Mastery) off unless I'm certain that a target exists.  I arrange my hand, so I'm at fault if a support deploys into nothing. 
  • Shaaw
    Shaaw Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Personally, I'd like to see a "full control" mode where you could turn it on to be prompted for every cast of a spell... Err rather cast of a card..  
  • LordDorwin
    There's supposed to be something where, if you pause the match before or while things are casting, you can stop them by pausing the game.  

I came across this in the FAQ but have not been able to get it to work, probably because the instructions aren't very clear.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shaaw said:
    Personally, I'd like to see a "full control" mode where you could turn it on to be prompted for every cast of a spell... Err rather cast of a card..  
    Well, that'd make playing loop decks quite annoying. I'm not sure whether I see that as an argument in favor or against your idea... I think in favor.
  • Mobyslick
    Mobyslick Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Hehe... I've been screwed so many times by cards casting without asking, that I immediately disable most cards in my hand. In Bolas' Clutches, firing off by itself with no enemy creatures in play... **** lol... or Suppression Bonds cast too early, welp ya know it's going to be destroyed before they summon a creature isn't it? 95% of the time. So gotta save them for the right moment...

IMNSHO every card should ask permission to be cast, by default.
  • Mobyslick
    Tinykitty? really? Thanks Mom
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mobyslick said:
    Tinykitty? really? Thanks Mom
    Yeah, that's our friendly neighborhood censor here on the forums.  For a while it made that its own swear word, until people got in trouble for typing it out instead of letting the censor put it in.

We like to have fun here.
  • Mobyslick
    Haha, I think you apply it a bit overzealously, but I get it. You don't want hordes of angry parents and such at your necks ;)