Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    The real, real question is why does she bugger about with any of that nonsense when she can just fry your brain?

She's an action junkie.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    After looking over all the supports, you come to realize that the Infinity Stones are not the strongest things in the universe.  In fact, I would rather have a Yaro Root, Kimoyo Beads, SP//DR, Tinkerer, Vanessa Fisk or access to the Quantum Realm. 

But the Soul Stone has a really cool perk though. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I realized today that repeater tiles, though they count down, are not considered as countdown tiles. I noticed it when i played Kitty and C4rol. C4rol's yellow didn't work on Kitty's purple.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    I realized today that repeater tiles, though they count down, are not considered as countdown tiles. I noticed it when i played Kitty and C4rol. C4rol's yellow didn't work on Kitty's purple.
    Before they introduced repeater tiles there was some beautiful countdown interaction with 4Carol - Human Torch Green and 3Blade black would count down every turn, and you'd get tile boosts every single turn.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    C4rol (along with, to a lesser extent, Coulson and 5* Hawkeye) is pretty much why Repeater tiles exist.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    The real, real question is why does she bugger about with any of that nonsense when she can just fry your brain?
    Because the MPQ ability countdown tile would take forever and would be matched away. Better to stabby stab
  • TPF Alexis
    Strange Sights Edition:
    • There's gotta be some kind of major temporal disconnect is going on between the various worlds. Strange reacts as quickly as could be expected, but the situations in the other three dimensions would have needed weeks, months, or even years to get to that point.
    • Elektra has really pretty eyes in her dialogue art.
    • Did the rift create some other sort of disconnect? I get why the people in the other dimensions don't recognize Strange, since if their dimension had a Sorcerer Supreme, things wouldn't have gotten to that point, but the dialogue gives the impression that Strange doesn't recognize Daredevil or Reed Richards. He does clearly know Spider-man, tho.
    • Why is Doom in New York? Was it some kind of condition of getting the Book of the Vishanti? Seems like he could just as easily be ruling from Latveria still.
    • Why hasn't there been any outside reaction to the Hand's takeover of New York? Gorgon says they've killed 8 million people, which is more or less wiping out New York City proper, but not reaching as far as, say, Westchester. Seems like there should have been some sort of response from heroes outside the city and/or conventional military forces.
    • Also, if Daredevil and Elektra are capable of resisting the effects of the Wand of Watoomb for this long, why aren't other, canonically more durable heroes like Spidey and Cap? Not to mention those who are based outside the city and could have been there for shorter periods of time, like the X-Men. Wolverine in particular.
    • The dialogue here when Spidey meets Strange for the first time is still way better than what they used in Infinity War.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    @TPF Alexis, I don't know where you live or hail from, but I was raised in upstate NY.  Being an upstater, I would've been happy for them to get rid of NYC proper.  Maybe that's what happened????

• TPF Alexis
    I'm west coast, all my life so far. Honestly, I think most of what I know about New York is stuff I've looked up because of Marvel stuff and/or How I Met Your Mother. So that's as plausible as anything else to me ;)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strange Sights Edition:
    • There's gotta be some kind of major temporal disconnect is going on between the various worlds. Strange reacts as quickly as could be expected, but the situations in the other three dimensions would have needed weeks, months, or even years to get to that point.
    • Elektra has really pretty eyes in her dialogue art.
    • Did the rift create some other sort of disconnect? I get why the people in the other dimensions don't recognize Strange, since if their dimension had a Sorcerer Supreme, things wouldn't have gotten to that point, but the dialogue gives the impression that Strange doesn't recognize Daredevil or Reed Richards. He does clearly know Spider-man, tho.
    • Why is Doom in New York? Was it some kind of condition of getting the Book of the Vishanti? Seems like he could just as easily be ruling from Latveria still.
    • Why hasn't there been any outside reaction to the Hand's takeover of New York? Gorgon says they've killed 8 million people, which is more or less wiping out New York City proper, but not reaching as far as, say, Westchester. Seems like there should have been some sort of response from heroes outside the city and/or conventional military forces.
    • Also, if Daredevil and Elektra are capable of resisting the effects of the Wand of Watoomb for this long, why aren't other, canonically more durable heroes like Spidey and Cap? Not to mention those who are based outside the city and could have been there for shorter periods of time, like the X-Men. Wolverine in particular.
    • The dialogue here when Spidey meets Strange for the first time is still way better than what they used in Infinity War.
    To quote The SImpsons - "Ah, yeah, well, whenever you notice something like that, a wizard did it."

In this case, I suppose it would be "a Sorcerer did it.".
  • TPF Alexis
    DAZ0273 said:
    I was playing Identity Theft  and the enemy only had Mystique left, so I used shapeshift which made me wonder:

1.) How does that work exactly? Mystique changed into Mystique...I think I want my AP back!
    2.) Why would the other Mystique be stunned? I imagine she is probably already confused as there are two of us and now...well nothing has changed
    3.) It felt a bit cheaty getting the damage bonus on black because I'm not so sure Mystique's plan was particularly masterly...Aha! I'll pretend to be myself! They'll never tell the difference!
    Somewhere in the Best Moment of the Day thread, back around when Identity Theft last ran (or maybe the time before that), I have a screencap of my Mystique shapeshifted into the enemy Mystique, and that Mystique shapeshifted into my Mystique (who was shapeshifted into their Mystique).
    This time, I ended up seemingly up against two Black Bolts when I shapeshifted into Black Bolt and then their Mystique shapeshifted into my Mystique shapeshifted into Black Bolt. ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I was playing Identity Theft  and the enemy only had Mystique left, so I used shapeshift which made me wonder:

1.) How does that work exactly? Mystique changed into Mystique...I think I want my AP back!
    2.) Why would the other Mystique be stunned? I imagine she is probably already confused as there are two of us and now...well nothing has changed
    3.) It felt a bit cheaty getting the damage bonus on black because I'm not so sure Mystique's plan was particularly masterly...Aha! I'll pretend to be myself! They'll never tell the difference!
    Somewhere in the Best Moment of the Day thread, back around when Identity Theft last ran (or maybe the time before that), I have a screencap of my Mystique shapeshifted into the enemy Mystique, and that Mystique shapeshifted into my Mystique (who was shapeshifted into their Mystique).
    This time, I ended up seemingly up against two Black Bolts when I shapeshifted into Black Bolt and then their Mystique shapeshifted into my Mystique shapeshifted into Black Bolt. ;)
    Well the Black Bolt one would be easy to bust - just tickle him and IF you are vapourised when he laughs it wasn't Mystique!
  • Quebbster
    Playing the start node in Deadpool vs Heroes made me Think... Do I really want to know how Prowler keeps stealing Luke Cage's Unbreakable skin?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeing 3-star Magneto in today's Deadpool vs MPQ node as the main enemy...in the 2-star Magneto required node.  Can we assume it's a Skrull this time?  Or Mystique?  Time travel?
  • TPF Alexis
    Seeing 3-star Magneto in today's Deadpool vs MPQ node as the main enemy...in the 2-star Magneto required node.  Can we assume it's a Skrull this time?  Or Mystique?  Time travel?
    I was thinking time travel for this one. After switching over to the good guys' side, Mags travels back in time to defeat his own former schemes.
  • Quebbster

Put me down for "Deadpool robotic backup dancer".