Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Got my final cover for Cable in order to champ him. It's the first time I've ever had all the 5*s in Latest champed.

And now I'm hoarding until Kingpin leaves until roughly the end of April...
    I got a taste of the 5* essential god boost with Cable for the first time ever, and wow...

It was so great that I’m going to bring my 5/2/5 (+3 saved) Fisk to his max as soon as I get the iso, just to experience that goodness some more. IF I were to swap and weren’t softcapping Kitty for Daredevil, I could be right there with you with all three Latests champed. Crazy to jump into the tier and in just 7 days have the potential milestone of having all meta characters and all latests champed. 

I am right there with you on hoarding until April though. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed, Featured Kitty Pryde. With Grocket and Medusa, I could take on even that Mockingbird/C4ge/Hobofist 5* node at SCL9, paying little enough attention to the game that I could watch a subtitled movie at the same time.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    DarthDeVo said:
    Got my final cover for Cable in order to champ him. It's the first time I've ever had all the 5*s in Latest champed.

I got a taste of the 5* essential god boost with Cable for the first time ever, and wow...
    It definitely makes CL9 much more tolerable, if only to have a meatshield to dish out high match damage and absorb Thano5' Court Death. I think I only had to use one healthpack for Kitty on my initial clear of DP vs. MPQ last night. 

And yes, Kingpin will be featured several more times in PvE before he rotates out, so definitely bring him up to 435.

Also, he's not that good, but you might as well pull to finish him at this point. But probably hoard once you get that last cover.

However, I'm a completionist. So while being one cover short would drive me up the wall (hello, 5/2/5 Wasp...), it may not matter to you. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Champed my first 5* today, Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider. Had 2 in the bank for a total end level of 452. LT reward gave me a Valkyrie with a bonus Chavez. This may prove to be my worst moment of 2019 if the immediate effects on PVP are to be believed, but for now it feels pretty cool lol. It makes SUCH a huge difference in story mode SCL9 to have a character doing equivalent damage with equivalent health; loving the Domino/GRRR/Valkyrie team.
    I'm actually really enjoying the single 5* champ MMR. Possibly even more variety than I saw as a pure 4* player, since I don't see the lower level Grockamora teams anymore, only the occasional very strong one.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the single 5* you have is probably a better transition 5 than mine, but once all my health regens I’ll see how it goes.
  • TPF Alexis
    I think the single 5* you have is probably a better transition 5 than mine, but once all my health regens I’ll see how it goes.
    I wouldn't argue that. But I see pretty much all the 5* show up in the 450-455 range at some point. It's not all Thorkoye and Grockitty. There seem to be quite a few people out there whose only 5* champ is an older or sub-optimal one.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:

It definitely makes CL9 much more tolerable, if only to have a meatshield to dish out high match damage and absorb Thano5' Court Death. I think I only had to use one healthpack for Kitty on my initial clear of DP vs. MPQ last night. 

And yes, Kingpin will be featured several more times in PvE before he rotates out, so definitely bring him up to 435.

Also, he's not that good, but you might as well pull to finish him at this point. But probably hoard once you get that last cover.

However, I'm a completionist. So while being one cover short would drive me up the wall (hello, 5/2/5 Wasp...), it may not matter to you. 
    It won’t drive me nuts because the three saved covers means I COULD champ if I wanted without pulling, and a feeder should finish him easily. Cable is far ahead of all my other fives so if I were to pull for the last Fisk it won’t be until it’s him Doom and Marvel. I’ll need to pull for one of her for essentials so it’ll either be her release store or Latests depending on who else is featured. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    There seem to be quite a few people out there whose only 5* champ is an older or sub-optimal one.
    That'll be me if I succeed in champing Cable (2 covers to go)!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think my moment of the day was realizing even a pitifully-covered Prowler (mine's only 1/1/0) could absolutely wreck the 4E in Deadpool vs Villians (3* Dr Ock, Carnage & Ultron), but especially with a boosted Kitty (again, even pitifully-covered; 2/0/0 for me) at his side.  Depending on who the 4E, I've really hated that node in the past...
  • TPF Alexis
    ZootSax said:
    I think my moment of the day was realizing even a pitifully-covered Prowler (mine's only 1/1/0) could absolutely wreck the 4E in Deadpool vs Villians (3* Dr Ock, Carnage & Ultron), but especially with a boosted Kitty (again, even pitifully-covered; 2/0/0 for me) at his side.  Depending on who the 4E, I've really hated that node in the past...
    Medusa is my go-to for that one. She's just as good against Carnage as with him.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Medusa is my go-to for that one. She's just as good against Carnage as with him.

I posted this to the Prowler and 3-star Doc Ock character forums as well, but since this got brought up here, I'll add it here as well.  Almost nobody reads the character forums anyway...

Did any of you have Doc Ock match one of the fortified enemy tiles in that one?  He generated two attack tiles for his own team, as though he had matched one of your special tiles.  While the fortification is from your team, the actual special tile still belonged to his team.  Is the Prowler/Doc Ock interaction supposed to work that way?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ciriquen said:
    My moment was opening my first ever Support Circuit token, getting a standard Support token, thinking, "at least it IS a support," opening it and getting 4* Blackbird!
    I also got a 4* blackbird from a standard yesterday lol. Not sure who its good for, but there it is...

Ran through the Namor shield training this morning and pulled a Main Event and a Moon Knight from the Venom Bomb store. I wish Namor was a little better, but I have one now.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I managed to max-coverered all 4-stars today by reaching max progression in the Shield simulator today. I will probably never achieve that again but today I can say that I managed to beat 4-star dilution. 
    My trick was to always bonus-hero the latests chars.

So today I don't know who my current 4-star bonus hero should be. I could wait for N4mor entering packs who will be released today. But I don't like hoarding. 

Btw I am on day 895 in this game.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Ares76 said:
    I managed to max-coverered all 4-stars today by reaching max progression in the Shield simulator today. I will probably never achieve that again but today I can say that I managed to beat 4-star dilution. 
    My trick was to always bonus-hero the latests chars.

So today I don't know who my current 4-star bonus hero should be. I could wait for N4mor entering packs who will be released today. But I don't like hoarding. 

Btw I am on day 895 in this game.
    Assuming some are champed, just BH the ones closest to the next most appealing champ rewards. It'll buy you some productive time at least until Namor is available.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Ares76 said:
    If you're chasing any particular 5*, setting it on their feeder is probably the move until there is a new latest 4* to chase. I'm in a similar boat, Bishop being my last 4* that was under 10 covers, and I was able to hit 2k in the simulator last night in 73 wins... single 5* MMR has taken a little getting used to lol.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got another Yellow Kitty cover last night, bringing her to 5/3/3. If that doesn't sound interesting, consider this: In 318 pulls, I got 1 yellow Kitty cover, but in the next 50 pulls, I get 4!

This is so unpredictable it must be random. But it also appears to be "evening-out".