Sarkhan 3?

Gunmix25
Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
Is Sarkhan 3 going to be released any time soon or is Oktagon making last minute changes? @Brigby

Comments

• ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Take my money!
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019

Take all the time you need... I don't have the stuff to get him right now, the more time I get, the better!

• Gunmix25
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Is Sarkhan 3 going to be released any time soon or is Oktagon making last minute changes? @Brigby
    Not sure about last minute changes, but when it comes to his release date, all I can say is: Soon™

"Soon" is trademarked? how mysterious!

• Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Not sure about last minute changes, but when it comes to his release date, all I can say is: Soon™
    I hope he is not getting nerfed. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Ooooh! you stole that trademark from the City of Heroes devs!!!

(brings back memories!)
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:

(brings back memories!)
    That game had so much more than DCUO could offer. A shame they couldn't last... but I digress.

Bring on S3! :)
  • Falizar
    Falizar Posts: 70 Match Maker
    but but but but ...... Nvm sighs*
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:

(brings back memories!)

I thought Blizzard had the Soon trademark? Man, I'm behind on my trademark law...
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:

(brings back memories!)

I thought Blizzard had the Soon trademark? Man, I'm behind on my trademark law...
    Actually,  I thought Smedley from Everquest was the original trademarked, but CoH could have been, too.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:

Some of you may know the reference. ;)
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler

Okay, seriously... when is this coming out?

"Soon" may be funny, but it isn't helpful. You wouldn't have spoiled it if it wasn't soon.

• Gunmix25
    Theros said:
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Same here. With all the pre conceived notions being made about him being broken before anyone ever plays him.  oktagon just might.  B1, B2 were touted to be broken. Strong? Yes.  Not broken though.  
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Gunmix25 said:
    Theros said:
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Same here. With all the pre conceived notions being made about him being broken before anyone ever plays him.  oktagon just might.  B1, B2 were touted to be broken. Strong? Yes.  Not broken though.  
    Well, there's a history to that. The community was often right (RishkarsEx, omni, Baral) and often wrong (like I was with the powerful but not oppressive niv Mizzet) when calling something not healthy.

He'll be meta defining, just as bolas was and is.Where both bolasses are extremly powerful in control and combo, he'll be aggro and combo. The colors and deck building restrictions offer regular turn 3 and faster wins in standard - I tried it with karn without using his abilities. He's a Kiora with more options. He's samut with card draw and better deck building restrictions. Doesn't that make an alarm bell ring?

He could only be balanced somehow by changing his spell and support slots like they did with samut, but still remain a top level walker.

Also, such discussion are healthy for the game. We know that the devs get the info what we talk about. They'll make up their head by themselves and have no problem to throw insanely broken stuff (Stv, bsz) into standard anyway - but if we just take everything as it is, what's the point of the forum?

By the way, there are regularly cards mentioned that could need a buff as well.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    We want Sarkhan!

We want Sarkhan!

We want Sarkhan!
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    Theros said:
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Well, there's a history to that. The community was often right (RishkarsEx, omni, Baral) and often wrong (like I was with the powerful but not oppressive niv Mizzet) when calling something not healthy.

He'll be meta defining, just as bolas was and is.Where both bolasses are extremly powerful in control and combo, he'll be aggro and combo. The colors and deck building restrictions offer regular turn 3 and faster wins in standard - I tried it with karn without using his abilities. He's a Kiora with more options. He's samut with card draw and better deck building restrictions. Doesn't that make an alarm bell ring?

He could only be balanced somehow by changing his spell and support slots like they did with samut, but still remain a top level walker.

Also, such discussion are healthy for the game. We know that the devs get the info what we talk about. They'll make up their head by themselves and have no problem to throw insanely broken stuff (Stv, bsz) into standard anyway - but if we just take everything as it is, what's the point of the forum?

By the way, there are regularly cards mentioned that could need a buff as well.
    Actually you were right about Niv until they nerfed/balanced Jaya.  He went pretty much infinite with her ult.

And they could absolutely tweak Brokhan's abilities a bit and still keep him powerful but less oppressive.  Change his ult to only fetch 2 instead of 3, or say it can only fetch 3 different creatures instead of just the next 3 (just as a quick example).

I would much rather see them make changes now rather than later.  If they do it now its not a big deal (is it a nerf if he hasn't been released yet?  Semantics!), but if they release him for cash and then nerf him later it is absolutely a problem.

But something more concrete than "soon" would be nice.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    By the way, I don't see his abilities as being really problematic. It's the deck building options he offers. I mean, it doesn't really matter if I fetch three GR with his ult and play it or if I fetch them in a loop and play them, does it? I won't use his ult often anyway since the match will likely be over before that
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fair enough, I guess.  But most of those kinds of combos are Legacy, since there isn't much gem conversion in Standard right now.  I'm sure you can make some funky loops, but they certainly aren't as potent.

But his abilities are incredibly strong on their own, in addition to his color scheme, and that's where a lot of the worry comes from (see Sorin for why colors and deckbuilding alone won't make a walker meta-warping)
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    They are probably preparing to release him together with ZvE boosters... Soon