General help with roster, please and thank you

shockAndAwe
shockAndAwe Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
First off here is my current roster:

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/shockandawe/

I currently have 2,277,650 iso, 4465 hp, and 49 cp and 7 latest legends tokens.

I'm ultimately trying to figure out what I need to save up for, and what I need to spend on(classic tokens for more 4* vs hoard LL tokens etc).

I've generally just spent my cp immediately on classic tokens, but recently saved some up and then bought 5 of the doctor tokens(cause I have bruce and strange and really like the new doom) and together with the 2 free tokens I got all 4* so that was a bit of a bummer. I was saving all the LL tokens for when God Emperor Doom goes into the LL, but idk if that's worth it since I would be bummed out if all I got was kingpin(wouldn't mind cable though)

I just this last month was able to promote Carol Danvers which has been great, and so my team generally consists of her and 5* Thor(who I have favorited) and then 3* Beast or dr strange. I also have 4* Rogue favorited since she seems really fun to play with. So my roster is really just feels like kind of a mess. 

I generally do each pvp event at least till the 16 wins, but if I have the 4* I get to the 40 wins. And then the deadpool daily for anything I can besides the iso, which is just stockpiled and rotting at this moment. 

Any help or tips is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looks to me like you know what you're doing. You've got the 3-stars champed, I'm going to assume you're farming 2-stars, and you've taken your first few steps into the 4-star transition. Congrats, and welcome to the long haul. The 4-star tier is daunting and champions don't come cheap.

There's really only two questions you need to answer and they both involve what you are going to do with your CP moving forward:

Hoard vs. Spend: If lack of roster slots is an issue than this decision is already made for you. You'll have to hoard until you have open roster slots, at which point you can spend LTs and CPs until you run out of roster slots, at which point you start hoarding again. If roster slots are not an issue, spend away. Maybe keep a small CP reserve in case there's ever a 4-star cover you want to buy or a HfH offer you can't live without.

Latest vs Classics: You don't have a choice with LTs, they come out of Latest Legends. So that leaves your CP. There's no right or wrong answer here. Do you want to chase classic 5-stars? Or would you rather have the newly released 5-stars better covered? There's no urgency to enter 5-star play since you just arrived to the 4-star tier. (Enjoy where you are at, it is a fun and robust tier.) This decision has no bearing on 4-stars, which you need to start building up, as both vaults are the same in that respect.
  • shockAndAwe
    Thanks Dormammu, so what I basically hear you saying is, is that I should keep on track with where I am and don't worry about trying to go hard into the 5* game and just build up my 4* as best I can. What I think I'll do is just wait till Doom comes into the fold for LL and use the tokens I have already for that, and then just save cp up and get classics to build up my 4* pool higher for a while before I start committing to hoarding for specific 5* in LL.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can tell you what I did and maybe that'll help:

When I was where you are at I opened classics until I had at least one cover for each of the classic 5-stars (for essential PvE nodes). Then I moved to using all my LTs and CPs exclusively in Latest Legends. That enabled me to fully-cover a couple of 5-stars without hoarding (Black Widow and Spidey; I soft-capped them and didn't champ them right away.) Once I had roughly 75% of the 4-star tier champed and the rest fully-covered, I began my strategy into 5-star play and saved up my 300 pull hoard. That's when I got Okoye and JJ and champed four 5-stars all at once, fully entering 5-star play.
  • shockAndAwe
    Dormammu said:
    I can tell you what I did and maybe that'll help:

When I was where you are at I opened classics until I had at least one cover for each of the classic 5-stars (for essential PvE nodes). Then I moved to using all my LTs and CPs exclusively in Latest Legends. That enabled me to fully-cover a couple of 5-stars without hoarding (Black Widow and Spidey; I soft-capped them and didn't champ them right away.) Once I had roughly 75% of the 4-star tier champed and the rest fully-covered, I began my strategy into 5-star play and saved up my 300 pull hoard. That's when I got Okoye and JJ and champed four 5-stars all at once, fully entering 5-star play.
    Awesome that helps a lot, thank you for your insight it's greatly appreciated!