4-star DDQ: Crazy Symbiote vs. Maniacal Arms

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
5/4/4 Level 300 Crazy Symbiote

Pretty easy. I let the attack tiles do their job and finished Ock with a cast of red.

Token was a Gwen champ level as I'm in the midst of a 5-star cold streak. It's getting downright chilly.

Comments

• Anduinel
    Anduinel Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Champed Carnage. Kept all the green and blue away from Ock for a couple of rounds, while the attack tiles whittled him down, then let him have it.

Got a green Lockjaw cover. Feeling the cold streak here too, Dormammu.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sadly, took my 2 tries with a 5/5/3 280 champed Carnage because in round 1 Doc got 11 blue faster than I could get 7 Red. /sigh.

Anyways, second match was much faster and much more conclusive. Token saved for... some day.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I decided to try it with lvl 168 (3/3/2) Carnage to just to see how it would go.  I won first time.  I was shocked.  I was able to steal blue and green.  I fired off both Carnage Rules and Symbiote Scythes twice which knocked out Doc Ock.  

Half-way through the match, I wondered if an under-leveled Carnage works better than a champed one because fewer attack tiles are spammed, which means Doc Ock doesn't add insult to injury as much.  I only recall two times that Doc Ock insulted my Carnage.  Just curious....

LT was purple Prowler, which will help with whatever PVE is after Strange Sights.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My level 152 4/3/5 Carnage ran wild over Dr. Octavius. The board was rich in red and green, and I rather selfishly grabbed all that I could. Two reds and a green and the Doctor took a dirt nap.

My reward was an unusable red 4Thor, but thanks to the saved covers feature that's not even worth a burst of profanity, just a small, mild sigh.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Half-way through the match, I wondered if an under-leveled Carnage works better than a champed one because fewer attack tiles are spammed, which means Doc Ock doesn't add insult to injury as much.  I only recall two times that Doc Ock insulted my Carnage.  Just curious....
    That may well be the case. I did manage to win first try, but my 5/5/3 Lvl272 Carnage got thrashed in the process. Ock matched away a bunch of my Attacks to make more of his own, and it might well have gone more smoothly with fewer tiles out and more reason to go for green. Also, he managed to get off a Manipulation that nearly ended me, because there were so many Attacks on the board for it to hit. Fortunately I got the red to finish it next turn, or I would have had to go back to the start.
    Token waiting for DOOM.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think this must be the first time I have done Carnage's crash, he laboured at very few covers for ages until recently when all of a sudden I can champ him which I will do at some point, I just don't want to join the herd of uninspired Cardusa users in Sim right now. Anyway, I had levelled him up to lvl 180 5/4/4 in anticipation. The Crash was...sort of boring. Both sides just whittled away at each other with Carnage's attack tiles. It was all a bit strange. Doc Ock just stood there in his dentist gear looking a bit embarrassed that the only reason that he was even in the fight was that Carnage insisted on punching himself in the face as well as attacking Doc.

In the end Carnage won, he did that whooshy whooshy thing with his arms and maybe one of those alien tentacle probe numbers. Thanks for the LT Doc, back to filling cavities for you.