Updates to Earning Supports *Updated (1/24/19)

Comments

• zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

your decimal is off
    Fixed it!  :#   Thanks for catching that.  
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    what is a support?

nah seriously, you already wasted resources on reed, why stop now...
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, certainly seems better than the system that's in place now.

Since it appears that the existing 'old' tokens will be obsoleted without any further change (except duplicate RISO) I guess I can spend the small stockpile I've been creating then.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will it be possible to buy tokens for the Support Circuit vault with HP? Will there be a Daily Deal?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Vault pulls can be made for hp, that is straightforward. But what about the stores?

@Brigby. Will these new support stores have a currency that you can pull with, or will it be tokens only, like now? What will that currency be? Hp, cp, riso?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like what I see, other than there being placement rewards in the circuit. We have enough events to place in without adding another. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    IceIX said:

bluewolf said:
    Will any stored tokens change in any way in the foreseeable future?  To reward a rank 4 Support from the Beginner tokens I have saved?  Or will they be exactly the same except for the lower riso from dupes?
    Stored tokens will be unchanged and will use the newer dupe Iso rates once that's adjusted.
    @IceIX @Brigby
    I must say this is extremely disappointing.  Many of us have been asking every time a new support was released when the support tokens will be updated and we were told “soon™️“.  So many people started to hoard these because there was literally no use for them (except RISO from dupes).  Now with this change these are still useless.  I get there might have to be a new store with new rates/sell back/graphics/etc and this old one shut down but why cannot the rates be updated AND ALL THE SUPPORTS THAT ARE MISSING ADDED TO THIS STORE for the people that were holding on to these?  We did so with the hope that these would not be excluded when a change would happen since we were told “soon™️“.  So all of these tokens because useless for us.  In fact you even said that tokens from this season will be this old store.  Why not update this store for all of the supports to be in?   This seems like if you would bring out a new character and not add them to the Heroic tokens and then say, hey we have a new token and we will not update this one anymore....good luck.  Just seems bad. 

Other wise than that this seems ok on the surface.  Need to wait to see it live for full understanding. 
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Overall mostly positive in terms of incremental overhauls to various aspects of the Supports system. But I fear that the numbers tell the real story: a brand new Supports PVE event designed to award tokens to a special Supports vault that... you might not ever pull any Supports out of? 12.5% Supports feels a little silly, for all of the work and fanfare that have gone into it. Why not have it be all Supports? Or even 50% Supports?

It seems to me that the dev team are still placing a lot more value on Supports than the player base does. I’ve heard it said that even the most basic rank 1 Support appears to hold the same rarity as a 4-Star character cover, despite being vastly less useful. I really wonder why.
  • IronLad
    IronLad Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    CNash said:
    Overall mostly positive in terms of incremental overhauls to various aspects of the Supports system. But I fear that the numbers tell the real story: a brand new Supports PVE event designed to award tokens to a special Supports vault that... you might not ever pull any Supports out of? 12.5% Supports feels a little silly, for all of the work and fanfare that have gone into it. Why not have it be all Supports? Or even 50% Supports?

It seems to me that the dev team are still placing a lot more value on Supports than the player base does. I’ve heard it said that even the most basic rank 1 Support appears to hold the same rarity as a 4-Star character cover, despite being vastly less useful. I really wonder why.
    I would hope it is entirely possible that there are Supports in progression and/or placement of Support Circuit events too, not just vault tokens.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    24 hour PvE sounds like a bit of a bloodbath for placement.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    24 hour PvE sounds like a bit of a bloodbath for placement.
    I'm hoping they are at the same time as normal PVE subs to thin the herd.

Change seems good but it all depends on how many clears I'm required to do for this new stuff on top of a normal daily 6 clears and pvp.

I know they have said monday for this but I'd hope they lay this on as well during boss battles instead of having little to do until the next pve.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will there be any way to earn tokens to the undiluted pre rotation vault? Or will it be by only spending hp?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    On this new event, I assume placement will look like this
    1 R4 support, 1 master token
    2-5 R 4 support, advanced token(s)
    6-10 R3 support, advanced token
    11-20 R3 support, basic token(s)

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    For the PVE is this an ally based event or player based only?  
    There are no Alliance rewards for this event; only personal Placement and Progression rewards.
    Is this a 2nd DDQ type but for different loot?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    I wanted to chime in with the hope that the Support Circuit does not contain 10 nodes to clear 7X.  I don't need to spend that much extra time in the game for the 12.5% chance at some Supports.

I hope we see some details on the event structure soon.

Additional question:

Currently, each PVP Season rewards Support tokens to the top 25 people.  Will that expand at all to more ranks?  Could there be some Support tokens in PVE rewards at some point?

And:  which store will future PVP season reward tokens access? 

Currently the season runs about 24 1/2 days and then the off season finishes off the 4 week period for it to start all over again.  With a 4 week Sweet 16 Support store period, and then a week between, there should eventually be season rewards that are given out during the "All Supports" store, while the majority of the time, the season will end during a Sweet 16 Supports store.   So would the tokens be dependent on the active Support store when the season ends?  Or will they still be the current Dupicate 18 basic support store tokens?  Or are the Support tokens being removed from PVP rewards to avoid this issue?

Unless the off season will become longer moving forward?  So we get 3 1/2 weeks of a season and 1 1/2 weeks of off season from now on, to make the schedules line up and make sure seasons end during a Sweet 16 store?  In which case, I suppose, we won't see the new Sweet 16 Support vault for like 3 weeks, since the current season has 18 days to go.

Some clarity on this matter would be appreciated.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

Great, more ways to earn supports and finally an announcement about all those supports that are teased for 2 days then promptly hidden from view.

I still struggle though to get excited about supports overall.  They are only usable in PVE where I realistically regularly use less then 10 characters.  So I've really no need for more than 10 supports. The rest gather dust much like the other 150+ characters I've collected. 

The UI also sucks and needs redone.  Moving, understanding and using supports actively discourages using supports! 

At the outset supports sounded fun, but they've become a bit of an albatross in the game.

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    I really like most, if not all of this, tyvm!

With risk of sounding greedy, I do hope you also investing in improving UI, cause thats pretty horrible to work with allocating them. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019

New Supports-Focused Vault

30/240 items are Supports or Support Tokens. This represents a 100% increase in support availability in the vault. 1/8 represents 12.5%.  :D 

It is not a 100% increase. The vault has the same odds for a Support (either as a known Support or a token) as the 48 hour vaults. The only differences are going to be that there are earnable tokens to the vault with this model, there may be a rarity change overall for the supports, and maybe different odds for the other 210 items compared to the 48-hour version.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for correcting. I thought all new Support vaults have 15/240 support tokens. I took a look just now and it's 15/120. So it's still the same as the current one. I'm more interested in the odds for those tokens.

Odds for Rank 5 Master Support Tokens are probably going to be lower than 1:27.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    A support focused vault where 30 out of 240 items are supports.  They are going to vault them too?  All that is missing is a lot more dilution, a major ISO shortage and some really ridiculously priced bundles and this will really feel like MPQ.

Og well, maybe at some point I'll actually be able to acquire a somewhat useful support, so  I guess this will be worth it