Updates to Earning Supports *Updated (1/24/19)

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    So out of the 240 item vault, are 200 of them 2 star covers?
    Yes, there are 2-star covers. No, it is nowhere near 200.
    +-50%?
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    2nd vote on easier way to see which supports attached to which character. Placement? Yay?
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Great job team. Having access to a part of the game that we haven’t had for months without bundles is great news and I for one am glad supports are still coming out.

Thanks for the communication @Brigby and @IceIX. Much appreciated!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    With supports becoming more readily available, I'm among those hoping for a change that makes it easier to see which supports are equipped to which characters.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the circuit PVE be like current PVE where you need to clear each node 4 times before the timer goes down and 6 times total to get green check marks so basically he way a PVE sub works now?  Also will their be slices like PVE or just 24 hours like DPDQ?
  • Mr_Curtains
    Mr_Curtains Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Regarding this statement:
    Like any Stockpiled tokens, players can still redeem unopened Vault tokens after the 4 week period ends, but those tokens will not carry over to the next Support Circuit vault.

Can you clarify if it means unopened Vault tokens will be forfeited when the next Support Circuit vault opens or they will remain in your pile forever (just not carried over)? IOW, you could have unopened Vault tokens hoarded for Support Circuit vault 1, 2, 3, etc.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    For the 24 hour PVE

Will there be time slices?  Clearance levels? 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Will any stored tokens change in any way in the foreseeable future?  To reward a rank 4 Support from the Beginner tokens I have saved?  Or will they be exactly the same except for the lower riso from dupes?
    It says those tokens will remain attached to the current limited store rather than upgraded to the new store.  So it is probably best to open any stockpiled  tokens before the duplicate sell-back prices drop.
  • GreenArmadillo
    GreenArmadillo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Merrick said:
    For the 24 hour PVE

Will there be time slices?  Clearance levels? 
    Interesting questions.  Would be nice to have seven slices so you could choose whether to stagger or stack with regular PVE.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

New Event - Support Circuit

Will the enemy teams have Supports attached to them?

New Supports-Focused Vault

30/240 items are Supports or Support Tokens. This represents a 100% increase in support availability in the vault. 1/8 represents 12.5%.  :D

Adjusting Supports Store Odds 

Master Support received a nerf. It was a guaranteed Rank 4 and now it's a guaranteed Rank 3 or better. The interesting thing are the odds. What are those odds?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Will the normal pve vaults still have Beginner tokens in them?  And will those tokens pull from the standard 18, the Focused 16, or all 42 Supports?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    The good news is build more events that cater to the quirks in supports.  Supports have weird modifiers that are over powered and inappropriate for pvp style play.  So it makes sense to have a new game "circuit" that caters to those differences.  I hope that these support events have a "STRONGER" puzzle focus vs  speed over defeat overwhelming health.

Its in these "support" events that we should encounter snowball CDs and geyser Cds etc...

Something needs to be done about existing support token hoards.  People have built up sizable hoards of tokens, for the simple fact they already have the underlying support.  Are you really just saying those tokens are gonna be orphaned and converted to RISO?  I suppose it is what it is, an honest translation of current worth, but it doesn't seem very player friendly at all.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Master Support received a nerf. It was a guaranteed Rank 4 and now it's a guaranteed Rank 3 or better. The interesting thing are the odds. What are those odds?
    With all the recently released supports, a rank 4 is essentially just a rank 3 with a 33% higher level cap. So it isn't quite as big a difference as for e.g. character ranks.
    It'll be interesting to see what the overall chance of receiving rank 5 supports is with all the changes: both increased availability of advanced and master tokens, combined with the reduced odds from master tokens.
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2019
    Well this is what what people have been asking for (sort of): more and better ways to get supports.   For that, I'm happy, really.  The new 'support circuit' sounds interesting, and rotating stores and vaults that are always available seem good too.  
    The one that made me go "hmmmmm...."   is this bit:
    "New Supports Circuit Vault". While this Vault does contain covers and Iso-8, it is primarily focused on Supports, with 6 Supports and 24 Support Tokens for players to earn [...]
    • 240 Item Vault, Resettable

So, the vault that is "primarily focused on supports" only consists of 1.25% supports.   That's.... less exciting.

Edit:  actually 12.5%!    Derp.   Thanks for checking my math Spatenfloot.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    So I have 42 support tokens, 3 wakanda supports tokens, and 5 was gauntlet support tokens the only difference between pulling now and later would be the dupe red iso proces, is that correct
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Well this is what what people have been asking for (sort of): more and better ways to get supports.   For that, I'm happy, really.  The new 'support circuit' sounds interesting, and rotating stores and vaults that are always available seem good too.  
    The one that made me go "hmmmmm...."   is this bit:
    "New Supports Circuit Vault". While this Vault does contain covers and Iso-8, it is primarily focused on Supports, with 6 Supports and 24 Support Tokens for players to earn [...]
    • 240 Item Vault, Resettable

So, the vault that is "primarily focused on supports" only consists of 1.25% supports.   That's.... less exciting.
    your decimal is off
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Been asked already by someone else but what will the times be for this PVE ?

I am assuming it will be like most PVE with clearance levels?