Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, Kingpin is champed. At least he's done. A champ is a champ, but I wish it had been Cable instead. I'll be back in full-on hoard mode once I get Cable covered. 

Though I will say, this is the fastest I've ever covered a 5* from when they've entered Latest. Right about two weeks, I think. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    PvE progression rewards gave me enough CP to pull another legendary. Got me to 25, in fact.
    Despite the fact that I only EVER pull Classics with my CP I was VERY tempted to pull a LLT in a near last-ditch effort to maybe get another Kitty. Sticking to my (cheapsake) principles, however, I pulled a Classic.
    Flashes purple...5*... another Archangel (...meh...), but then I see the little blue arrows in the corner...
    YES! Bonus Hero! Right now, for me, that means Kitty!
    Even better, it's her Yellow cover.

Now at 3/1/1, my Kitty looks just a little bit nicer.

Moral of the story - stick your your principles**

**Except sometimes when you don't and it still works out. Then that's okay, too. :wink: 

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Running a team of 5* Iron Man (mine is 5/1/2, Lv315 unboosted), Riri and Warmachine (both champed at ~Lv280 today in PVE and I had the following sequence:
    Turn 1/2/3: Match 3 red tiles, dealing damage to random Dark Avenger
    Turn 4: IM MkXLVI one shots an undamaged Juggernaut for 9 AP (with a pair of Team Iron Man teammates, boosted Iron Man is dealing north of 20k damage with his red for 9 AP, in spite of mine being relatively modest, by forum standards).

Going on my 5th year in this game as primarily a PVE player, any time I can kill Juggernaut on a red-rich board without taking a headbutt makes for a contender for moment of the day.
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    I got to max progression this morning in Thick as Thieves which gave me the 22 CP in SCL 7. So i open a classic, it's Punisher MAX with a bonus ... nice. I have my BH set as Bishop. When I hit the double arrows it's a Moonnight?? At some point it time i accidentally must have tapped him for a BH. This cover gave me a purple for 13 covers (2 saved) Welcome to the team 4* number 60, on accident ... when i have enough iso... 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dug into the Doctors store to try and complete my 5/2/4 Strange. On the 10th pull, I got Strange Purple with a bonus Strange Yellow.

Now I have no idea whether to continue pulling for one cover of Doom, or resume hoarding till Doom/Carol/Endgame...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did a little pulling in Dangerous Doctors. Final initial tally was 7/38. 4 Banner, 2 Doom, 1 Strange.

Also got a green Cable BH and a Drax BH to take him to 300 for a purple 5tar-Lord cover, making him 1/1/1. Jubilee is at 299, one cover away from making Phoenix 4/1/4.

With the LTs from champ rewards, I pulled a blue Cable, so he's 3/4/5 now. Banner is 0/2/3, up from 0/1/0. Doom 1/1/0. Hopefully will pull a blue cover each for Banner and Doom before the store closes. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    A purple day - Cable's 9th cover in the morning, 10th in the evening closely followed by Kitty's 13th cover.
    Better still, none of them were Kingpin! 
  • ObiWanPEZ
    ObiWanPEZ Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    When I realized that my champed America Chavez could clear out Galactus before he could start pulling colored AP. Holy ****, guys! She’s quick on this one!
    With Hawkguy, they can have all six colors within three rounds, on average. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hit 1200 in Hotshot without shielding on the way up. Second time I’ve ever done that
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting a team that can down Galactus, even at the higher levels, usually without him triggering a countdown.  This is one of the first teams I can think of where all three of them need to be in a specific place on the team:

Valkyrie in the center.
    Half-health Gladiathor on the left
    America Chavez on the right.

Since Val is in the center, her Bounty tile gets created first.  Galactus is the only enemy, so he always gets targeted.

On the left, Thor's abilities happen next.  His tile destruction damages Galactus, and triggers the bounty tile, giving you even more green AP.

Finally, the character on the right side has their abilities checked.  America looks at the number of AP you have, and will almost always create a crit tile, even on turn 2.

Down goes Galactus very, very quickly.  This will actually work for any level with a single boss.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yesterday was a pretty decent MPQ day in a "settling for second best" sort of way. I had decided to chase the purple Nightcrawler cover in my Taco vault and so opened my hoard and whilst I didn't get it I did manage to substantially rebuild my HP stash. Likewise I opened my Dangerous Doctors token, again didn't get a Doom or any 5* but did score Gamora which meant she spat out a very useful 5* Thanos black cover. And then I bagged a bunch of LT's as more 3* hit max level. Not bad.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the new costume for Goblin, and 2 Gobby covers from the tokens, bringing him to 3-3-4!
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I just learned about 2 rewards being added to the Prologue of 2* Captain America.  I took in my champed 5* team to beat down on some 400 health goons (kind of felt wrong about doing it too) and quickly got the covers.  Champ rewards got me a heroic which ended up being a Shuri and a BH Mockingbird which got me an LT for the hoard. Not bad for a minute of work.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finding out that 5-star Widow's purple ability also removes the "neutral" environmental countdown tiles in Honor Among Thieves.  They also reduce the cost of that ability when they're on the board, so they do serve a positive purpose after all!  :)
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blew my hoard in the Masked Vengeance store for 111 pulls (so far). Within 42 pulls, my 7/3/0 Ghost Rider was completed at 7/4/4. Got another 3 covers for him, so now he's at lv455.

Also got my Bishop from 1/2/4 up to 3/5/4. He'll be completed when I get his Red progression cover from Strange Sights. Come at me, Grockitty.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    An Elite token from Backup Plan gave me a Sentry token, bringing him to level 257. The LT reward gave me my 13th Kitty cover. Off to the ISO mine we go!
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I had enough CP to get a crack at LL.  I got a Nico champ level (300) which got me another LL where I got a black Kingpin with bonus red Okoye -- which makes her fully covered!  Next up getting enough iso to champ her \o/
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadn't realised my C4rol was at 289 when I bagged the PvE cover, so another LT. Considering she didn't get champed until after several other 4* she sure has shot up.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I stopped opening support tokens a while ago because I had 17 of the 18 offered and 16 of those were rank 2 or higher. I even stopped leveling then a while ago since I have maxed out all the ones I care about. My current Riso stash was already over 600k.

After reading the annoucement about upcoming support changes I realized what I had would not get any better and once the changes were made the dupes would give even less Riso. Time to open with low expectations for most of it.

The 16 standards were all dupes and even the rank 3 I pulled was one I aleady had at rank 3.
    I don't even remember what my advanced token gave me, but suffice to say it was another dupe.
    Fortunately, I also had 1 Master Support token and only 2 rank 4s, so my odds of something useful here were pretty good. Boom! I got my 1st Rank 5 support! And in an ironic twist, it was The Milano, the only one I didn't have in any rank yet. Thanks to my recent support apathy I had enough Riso to level it to 250 right away.

This is the most excited I've ever been about supports.