Red Goblin Bundle (1/21/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Green Goblin. Meet the Carnage symbiote. Check out the all new Red Goblin Bundle details below:

Red Goblin Bundle
(Does not include Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) character)
  • Starts: 1/21/19, 12:00pm ET
  • Ends: 1/25/19, 12:00pm ET
  • Cost: $74.99 USD (converted to your region's currency and/or platform)
  • Content:
    • 10,000 Hero Points
    • 5x Masked Vengeance Tokens
    • Red Goblin Costume
Masked Vengeance - Special Legendary Store
  • Starts: 1/21/19, 12:00pm ET
  • Ends: 1/25/19, 12:00pm ET
  • 15% chance to get Green Goblin (Norman Osborn), Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), or Spider-Man (Back in Black)
  • Additional tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Is this the start of periodic Classic Legends stores?  This is a really good idea for people with key 5*s that still need covers.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a $60 Amazon gift card for Christmas that I haven't committed to using yet. I like the costume. The tokens and HP are good, especially since Gobby and BSSM are two of my worst covered 5*s (BSSM is my worst) and I'll be in the thick of building a 3* farm in the next several weeks. 

But I *still* am having a hard time pulling the trigger on this. Mostly because I don't want to give the impression that this is a good, sustainable offering for costumes moving forward. 

Still haven't made up my mind 100 percent, we'll see. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, nah.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The HP is the only thing that doesn't make this offer completely ridiculous. As it is, it's just slightly ridiculous.
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby is this Android-only on purpose?

• moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    Thor’s bundle was 15k HP and 75 CP, same price.  It seems like this is a lesser deal to me. 

Not to mention so few people run Goblin, and you’re unlikely to see this costume very much. 
    It looks like they are experimenting with which resources people value more to provide a reason to charge the high price.  This has less HP but 5 tokens gets you more legendary pulls than 75 CP does (3, but you can spend it where you want).  I don't either think either is worth 75$ but the sales data will let them know which is more preferred.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I've been suggesting constantly rotating 5* special stores for ages (and I'm sure I haven't been the only one), so well done for finally plucking one of those out of thin air. Please let this be the beginning of them being a regular thing, giving people a vaguely viable route to cover old 5*s.

The bizarrely expensive routes to get costumes continues to be a weird policy, but I wouldn't pay 99 cents for them, so I'm probably not best placed to comment.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    At 25CP I really think you should be able to use your LT there as well. I'd love to have the chance to finish off my Black suit but just cannot split my resources between new and old vaults sadly.

This can all be cured with better BH rate for classic characters. I'd rather suffer that RNG and still be able to target latest and chip away at them than spread the love and end up with half finished characters.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    ViralCore said:
    Brigby is this Android-only on purpose?
    Players should be able to see this offer on all platforms. Have you updated the game to R170 yet? Perhaps that's the differentiating factor.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am glad the devs are using costumes to develope more revenue streams as it does not give an advantage to spending, but dam $75??  I also play clash royale and they sold emotes for $3.00 for 3 and then eventually in game currency.  Yes they had some special packs for $20 with chests and emotes.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    Dormammu said:
    By the way, we're still waiting for costume availability (and I quote), "to players who reach particular achievements in the game."  So far, the only achievement I am aware of which I can accomplish to gain a costume is to open my wallet.

Also, the costumes so far have been largely underwhelming. Who's clamoring for a Green Goblin costume? I'm still trying to wrap my head around Deadpool with lady parts, Kamala in jeans, and Cage in shorts. Are these things truly meant to inspire spending?
    Mindless emptying your wallet is an achievement apparently
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ended up spending HP into the vault that had the C4ge costume and got it, but i did that because I was chasing the C4ge cover in there (which I also got). I'm still totaly f2p