4* DDQ: That Blue Guy vs That Bald Guy

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
No problems for lv306 5/5/3 Nightcrawler against Prof X. Stockpiled Purple and Red, before OHKOing with Red.

Comments

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    It took three tries with my lvl 111 (2/1/2) Nightcrawler.  I used + 50% boosts in each color scheme.  First two tries seemed like AI wanted Prof X to have match-5 and I was downed quickly after that.  The third time, I was able to steal all the purple away from Prof X and create BAMF! twice in a color that neither of us used (green), which was intentional.  Did En Grade! and Everywhere at Once on him and down X went.

LT was blue cover for  Shuri.  
  • Anduinel
    Anduinel Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    2/5/2 Nightcrawler. Like Persephone, my first match with X had him getting a ridiculous number of match 5's. Second board had a lot of purple and red. Played keep-away with the purple, then BAMF! ed and got enough red to hit him with En Garde!, and that was all she wrote.

Got a green Iceman cover.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    3 tries with my 1/3/2 lvl 131 Nightcrawler. Took 50% boosts in his color and 2 Ap in Blue/Purple.

First attempt was over in the first turn as Charles got a lucky cascade with at least 2 match 5s in it.

2nd attempt was a bad board, he just wore me down before I could get any boosted powers off.

3rd attempt was better hoarded purple, waited till he had enough Blue that I was able to nuke him with Blue and had a Purple boosted Red in my back pocket.

LT was a champ level XFW.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ Kurt here but it still took me two tries, since Charles got tons of purple on my first attempt and I just couldn't make him visible. 

Second try, easy peasy red nuke. 

Saving the token for now. I may even start a hoard for once. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    5/5/3 Level 300 Blue Guy

Unfortunately purple will never be the dominant color on the board in this match, so winfinite is out. Luckily Kurt doesn't need it here. As long as you can deny purple and keep Chuck from going invisible, he is effectively neutered beyond anything other than match damage.

Token was, ironically, a Prof X yellow for champ level 290, which gave me another LT. That gave me a Mordo champ level and a bonus hero Medusa champ level.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    2/5/5 lvl 209 and it was smooth teleporting for Kurt, winning easily first time. I even got a match 5 to mock poor Prof, who looked on unimpressed. I suspect Kurt might be getting extra Danger Room sessions as punishment...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Lvl 286, 5/5/3, first try. This one's pretty heavily luck-based. If you can deny purple, and/or Chuck's Invisibility tile lands in easy to match places, it's a piece of cake. But if he gets an Invisibility tile stuck in a corner or something, I could see it being an absolute nightmare.
    Token waiting for Doom. Dooooom...
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    To my surprise I managed this one on my first attempt with my 4/5/2 level 127 Nightcrawler. Prof X was frantically matching blue like nobody's business, and so when I cast my own blue it did a pretty nice chunk of damage. I used red to finish the job. My reward was a red Bishop, bringing him up to 2/0/1.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    2/2/5 Was like taking candy from a baby... not that I would   o:) 
    Easiest matchup I have had for a while.