Galactus Hungers - Event Details (1/16/19)

2»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:
    Carol Danvers is already my highest level fourstar, so I am definitely looking forward to more easy-to-get covers. She might be at level 370 when the Movie comes out... not likely, but possible.

Hoping for her to feed 5* Carol - my dupe is 295.

That would make a lot of sense. So it probably won't happen.

They could go with Nick Fury instead...

If she's good, they'll go with whatever 4 they released 6 weeks ago.
    If she's trash, they'll go with a very old 4.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kitty Pryde is going to make this the easiest event yet.  Galactus makes countdowns, Kitty passively blows them up.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Once you’re in round 3, Galactus makes 2 CDs (or more) per turn.  So you might make Kitty work well, but she can’t keep up without matching a CD away per turn.  She can’t get ahead without some cascades or really lucky CD placements.
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I’m having trouble figuring out how to place 1st, when I complete all nodes, there are always a few players in my alliance who are ahead of me. How do you get max points? 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    kk3thess said:
    Can't believe that C4rol will be my first 4* champ. Guess I'm getting a great start!
    Savor the moment when it happens. I still remember the feeling of my first 4* champ - Riri.
    Fury for me.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I’m having trouble figuring out how to place 1st, when I complete all nodes, there are always a few players in my alliance who are ahead of me. How do you get max points? 
    Depends on how many fights you get into and what round Galactus you fight. So you play early and I join later and the alliance is already in round 3, when I am done with my clears, I will be ahead of you because I fought only round 3 Galactus, whereas you fought a mix of rounds 1, 2 and 3.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    More importantly, if you hit the boss just once in round one and stop, when the round is cleared, the boss will unlock and you can hit him once in round two, and so on and so forth. By the time rounds 3 or 4 happen you can have a nice chunk of points and still have all your clears left. 
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Just started the event and was supremely disappointed in the boosted list. I don’t have all the 4* covered and leveled so maybe there’s something I’m missing but it would have been nice to see some synergy outside of just IF with HB or XFW. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:
    Carol Danvers is already my highest level fourstar, so I am definitely looking forward to more easy-to-get covers. She might be at level 370 when the Movie comes out... not likely, but possible.

There is no way they'd pick Carol. They know they'd be paying out like a slot machine. Those bean counters dont like that. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering that a 5Carol won’t appear until March, probably, she’ll be in Latest until late August. Then a feeder might be implemented after that, so September at the earliest. Could be a lot later. Plenty of time to level up the 3 candidates.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:

There is no way they'd pick Carol. They know they'd be paying out like a slot machine. Those bean counters dont like that. 
    Valkyrie feeds GladiaThor, MEHulk feeds 5* Loki, Antman feeds 5* Wasp. Assuming they stick to movie links for MCU 5*, the options are Nick Fury or Coulson.

Valkyrie and MEHulk are both recent releases. Ant-man is not.... but Wasp.

Coulson could be interesting middle ground I suppose.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:

Valkyrie feeds GladiaThor, MEHulk feeds 5* Loki, Antman feeds 5* Wasp. Assuming they stick to movie links for MCU 5*, the options are Nick Fury or Coulson.

Valkyrie and MEHulk are both recent releases. Ant-man is not.... but Wasp.

Coulson could be interesting middle ground I suppose.

It'll be some random 4 who will be released for the movie.
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I am just flustered with the boosted list in general.... 

In 4* land we got: Iceman, Black Widow, Iron Fist, Hulk (TA), Wolverine, Iron Man, and Hulk (ME).   Out of the seven 4*, we get 3 that have both Black and Green as their primary active colors.  Out of the remaining 4 "teammates" we get  2 more green and 2 more black.  We also get one guy that is designed to kill green and make red,  and one guy kills red to make blue.   

I really like all of the boosted characters, individually they are all strong. But just all same time?!

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you can get him his AP, you only really need Iron Fist though.  I was running Iron Fist, TA Hulk, and Cloak+Dagger for earlier rounds.  I switched Hulk for Vulture in the later ones (he also helps deal with some of the countdowns).
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    My alliance chasing last C4rol cover atm. I use Chavez & 2 x5* (whichever have good Health at the time lol). A boost or 2 and Chavez does the rest ;)