How to counter kitty/grocket/bishop in 5* land?

It seems this team will become the new defensive meta in pvp simulator..thoreye looks stupid when facing them.. 
Bishop will stunlock everyone in a few turns while kitty boosted the strike tiles that kill the opponent team in a snap .. 

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the tip.  I think I'll BH my Bishop now.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Kraven/Kitty/Grocket
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want exact/direct checks: Surfer/BSSM/Medusa.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    0_efx_0 said:
    Kraven/Kitty/Grocket
    Still can be stun locked by bishop pretty early  
  • tph_james
    This kitty/grocket/bishop is the answer to meta thorkoye/JJ team either offensively or defensively.
    bishop can generate 8 blue in turn 1 against half-life Thor..hence the whole team can be stunned very early. Since thorkoye/JJ generates no special tiles, kitty's passive comes into play and wipe the whole team out.
    Thorkoye/JJ can't deal with bishop fast enough before they are stunned
  • 0_efx_0
    tph_james said:
    0_efx_0 said:
    Kraven/Kitty/Grocket
    Okay then...BSSM/Kraven/Medusa
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Team-up:
    1. Juggernaut's Unstoppable Crash to destroy 16 random tiles for 6 team-up ap. That's 1/4 of the board.
    2. 1* Black Widow 5+1+1 turn stun.

Spider-Man (Back in Black)'s passive nullify strengthening of the strike tiles. He has two stuns of different colours: blue stun for 1 turn and a green random stun for 4 turns.

Daredevil has true heal (up to 5k+), who can take some damage. He has a purple that can steal 4 enemy SPA tiles and stun one enemy for 2 turn.

Valkyrie and 5* DD can create 3 strike tiles passively whenever DD takes damage. This can nullify Kitty's repeater passive damage as well. 

But it will chalk up Bishop's blue ap pretty fast well.

• tph_james
    Team-up:
    1. Juggernaut's Unstoppable Crash to destroy 16 random tiles for 6 team-up ap. That's 1/4 of the board.
    2. 1* Black Widow 5+1+1 turn stun.

Spider-Man (Back in Black)'s passive nullify strengthening of the strike tiles. He has two stuns of different colours: blue stun for 1 turn and a green random stun for 4 turns.

Daredevil has true heal (up to 5k+), who can take some damage. He has a purple that can steal 4 enemy SPA tiles and stun one enemy for 2 turn.

Valkyrie and 5* DD can create 3 strike tiles passively whenever DD takes damage. This can nullify Kitty's repeater passive damage as well. 

But it will chalk up Bishop's blue ap pretty fast well.

It's all come down to who can stun first.  Like u said bishop's blue chalked up extremely fast and easy when facing 5*team . .he will have upper hand in stunning everyone before u do something useful  
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about BSSM, Doc Ock, Silver Surfer?
    Get a match 4 and you have two characters that can't be stunned. Get an opponent stunned and you don't have to worry about BSSM getting stunned himself.
    Sure, everyone else will be able to shred you a new one, but hey. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards

With Thorkoye I can get Gritty's strikes down below the threshold by turn 3 about half the time - once you destroy enough strikes Gritty just spins their wheels ineffectively.  The other half of the time it sucks, I'm afraid, and when you can't get it below the threshold at all (which is pretty rare, I'll admit,) you can't win unless you can take Kitty down quickly.  Fighting Gritty is risky, but you can usually win just by taking out as many strikes as possible - that's your priority.

Bishop changes that equation, I'm sure, by absorbing the tile destruction and converting it to blue.  He might die too quickly to use it, though, I'll try it out next time I see it in SIM and let you know how it goes.

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moving to proper sub-forum.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Malcrof said:
    Moving to proper sub-forum.

This is getting ridiculous now.
    This thread is the definition of "general discussion".
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    This one being moved is a bit odd.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The place it was moved to seems odd to me as well. I would have thought it would end up in the Characters sub-forum if it went anywhere other than General Discussion.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm okay with burying this info in the subs.  My kitty is in decent shape and we don't need to teach the forums posters how to counter her
  • 0_efx_0
    tph_james said:
    0_efx_0 said:
    Kraven/Kitty/Grocket
    Oh try! BSSM/Kraven/Vulture
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    The place it was moved to seems odd to me as well. I would have thought it would end up in the Characters sub-forum if it went anywhere other than General Discussion.
    That's what I was thinking as well. But I've given up trying to fathom that guy's brain.
  • tph_james
    Moderator probably enjoys playing with this combo at the moment . .the less people know, the better .   :pensive:
    Didn't really make sense to move this post while the other post which is also discussing kitty/grocket counter tactic still floating high in general discussion board. 
  • tph_james
    Phumade said:
    I'm okay with burying this info in the subs.  My kitty is in decent shape and we don't need to teach the forums posters how to counter her
    Not about countering kitty.  It's about how to counter kitty/grocket combo when bishop is added to the equation