Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    During today's Behemoth Burrito, Cyclops cast Uncanny Strategist and then promptly matched it away.

Maybe there was some deep plan that I missed, but that didn't seem like very good strategy to me.
    Them Muties are a strange bunch.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kahmon said:
    During today's Behemoth Burrito, Cyclops cast Uncanny Strategist and then promptly matched it away.

Maybe there was some deep plan that I missed, but that didn't seem like very good strategy to me.
    Obviously he only has one eye, hence his depth perception is a lil off  ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kahmon said:

This is true. Remember that time when he thought the best way to get over grieving for his dead girlfriend was to go out with an exact replica of his dead girlfriend? 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kahmon said:

This is true. Remember that time when he thought the best way to get over grieving for his dead girlfriend was to go out with an exact replica of his dead girlfriend? 
    Hey, go easy on the guy. Who hasn't tried to date a girl that looked like an ex? If you found her look attractive once...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:

Well, "uncanny" isn't actually a synonym for "excellent". Uncanny can easily be a negative descriptor, too. You never know how that's going to work out ;)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    From Google:

uncanny
    adjective
    strange or mysterious, especially in an unsettling way
  • DAZ0273
    I dunno, Galactus. Given how easily we're shutting them down, I don't think you can really call those "great" machines. More like so-so machines. Maybe adequate machines if we really give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Oh he knows. Galactus has been having employment issues. He has been going through Heralds like no-ones business, he cut their healthcare plans and took away the free donuts in the staff room. They were threatening to form a Union, so he is trying to put them in their place by overpraising his substitute work force. I heard though that the machines had got a rival job offer from Ego, so I guess it isn't working out.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I dunno, Galactus. Given how easily we're shutting them down, I don't think you can really call those "great" machines. More like so-so machines. Maybe adequate machines if we really give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Oh he knows. Galactus has been having employment issues. He has been going through Heralds like no-ones business, he cut their healthcare plans and took away the free donuts in the staff room. They were threatening to form a Union, so he is trying to put them in their place by overpraising his substitute work force. I heard though that the machines had got a rival job offer from Ego, so I guess it isn't working out.
    I had been wondering what dirt Jessica Jones had on Galactus...and how she could throw him through a door, although I still don’t get that one...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I had been wondering what dirt Jessica Jones had on Galactus...and how she could throw him through a door, although I still don’t get that one...
    Yeah, I just did that and had the same thought. It would have been a sight indeed to behold.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I just had Iron Fist kick him in the face which made me wonder how he did that. I'm guessing he probably had to hire a crane and jump off it and had previously positioned lots of mattresses underneath so that he had a soft landing and didn't go splat. That's dedication for you. 😁
    Say what you will about the guy, but he is dedicated to his craft...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Galactus round 7. He goes down pretty much after a couple of moves. The Hulk sub node keeps cascading and nearly downs my champed JJ. Should it not be the other way around? Minions are more trouble than the boss?
  • TPF Alexis
    Why does a Psychic Knife do more damage than a Psy-Katana?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Why does a Psychic Knife do more damage than a Psy-Katana?
    Easier to hide so less likely you'll see it coming? Easier to wield in small spaces too...

The real question is where is the knife? All i see is psy-punching...
  • TPF Alexis

The real question is where is the knife? All i see is psy-punching...
    I figured it was something like a katar or other push dagger.
  • DAZ0273
    The real, real question is why does she bugger about with any of that nonsense when she can just fry your brain?
  • TPF Alexis
    DAZ0273 said:
    The real, real question is why does she bugger about with any of that nonsense when she can just fry your brain?
    Nah, that one's easy: The animations would be really boring ;)
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Nah, that one's easy: The animations would be really boring ;)
    insert Scanners gif here