4-star DDQ - That Reworked Guy vs. Soon-to-be God Emperor

Options
sambrookjm
sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
The blue stun still works, and that's the most important part of the event.  Get blue.  Stun.  Slog out the rest of the fight with match damage unless you get 10 black and your random Imaginaut tiles are friendly, and not charged/locked.

I won with my LVL 292 Mr F.  Doom got his purple off on the fourth turn, but there was only one trap on the board...precisely because he kept matching purple.  Other than that, he didn't fire anything off.  LT to the hoard for the next 5-star release.

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is a horrible fight for me. Lvl 250 F, 2/5/5. His stun only does 1 stun and damage IF there are friendly special tiles.
    The special tiles must come from black and its a repeater tile, so i have to wait 2 more turns after i cast.
    His yellow only works on enemy special tiles and believe me, you won't want Doom's strike tiles out there.
    Twice wiped out now, with boosts and all. Maybe try at a later time
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Easy one for my level 288 Mr. F. Had lots of blue and could keep him stunned all the time. An imaginaut later and he was soon history. I think his rework is quite good.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Went from a long slog of a fight to a rather simple one. All it takes is a single Imaginaut tile ticking down and the fight is pretty much over.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got it first time with my level 279 Mr Fantastic.  I started by concentrating on black, until I had enough to fire Imaginaut.  Doom collected blue in that time, which he used for Techopathic Strike followed by Summon Demons.  Matching away Doom's attack tiles gave me a second free Imaginaut tile.  With some specials on the board I fired Flexibility, which didn't quite take down Doom, but left him stunned long enough to collect blue for a second cast for the win.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With a 1/2/4 Mr F, this one feels out of reach for me.

I contemplated the F4 sale pack (already a good deal on HP), but I still have 5K so don't really need it. And none of the characters seem particularly good, especially after the Mr F nerf.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Finally managed. If like me your blue is at 2, your best bet is getting black as soon as possible (boost!). Then it's a bit up to RNG what the repeater tile will bring. Protect/strike/attack tiles are good, charged tiles not so much. Wait with blue til you have at least 4 special tiles.

All in all, it shows Mr. F is most importantly a support chartacter.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5 Level 293 Reworked Guy

I didn't take any boosts as I wanted to see how the new Mr. F performed. He's a better solo character now for doing straight-up damage; by the time I had enough black for the Imaginaut I had enough for two casts of blue. Imaginaut spit out some attack tiles so I was able to finish the match with those blue casts. I still like Reed's old build better.

Token was a red Kitty to make her 1/3/5 and that's two crash tokens in a row that have netted me a Kitty cover (purple & red). Maybe next time I can get one of her coveted yellow covers.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/5/3, Lvl 210, fourth try, needed all the boosts. That's twice as many tries as last time, despite having another three covers and 38 levels compared to then. This is much more random than it was before. I never managed to get out enough friendly specials for blue to do damage, even with three Imaginaut tiles out, and I really missed the Protects from his old blue.
    Token was a Rogue champ level.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    2/5/5 Lvl 175 Stretchy. Was a tricky one. First time out I really had no strategy and no luck with the board, Doom got me down from 9K health to 6K and then suddenly he had a plan and down I went. Second time around I figured that I only really had 2 options - deny purple as though my life depended on it but reluctantly let Doom have black. I then got a massive cascade that filled up my Imaginaut and the repeaters gave me some handy shields then strike tiles. My plan worked as Doom got his fists out also and I then turned them to my advantage via yellow and blue gave me damage thanks to imaginaut's specials.  Doom couldn't handle the extra damage and went to his, ahem, doom.

I still can't decide if Reworked guy is better or not but I'm thinking not.

• wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I try with my Mr F at 3/4/5 but after trying 8 times with black Ap boost, and different kinds of colour damage boos including all colour damage boost, I still couldn't beat Doom. I have a much easier time and is able to win with few boost and maybe 2 to 3 tries before his rework at 2/3/5 level 140 then now which is at 3/4/5, lv 190. No matter how I try to deny Doom's colour, he always obtain enough AP to use all his abilities. This prove that Mr F is really being nerfed.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As a player with a championed Mister Fantastic, I never previously had any issues with this fight: stun, get Imaginaut on the board, collect blue while getting incidental damage from red/green/yellow cascades.  As of the rework, I've already failed twice running without boosts.  The stun is more expensive, lacking protects means no mitigation if Doom gets his attack tiles out, and Imaginaut takes longer to take effect, and is of pretty marginal utility if it doesn't generate strikes for you early on. 

It might seem like a good idea on paper to let Doom get his strikes out to make use of the passive yellow, but in practice, you take too much damage trying to line up strike matches (unless you're very lucky with their placement) while Doom is just farming AP for his nuke.  

Luck always plays a role in Crash fights, but this one seems weighted far more heavily on fortuitous boards than it previously did.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm having a pretty rotten time of it so far with my 3/2/5 level 192 Reed - On my very first try I got him down to less than a 1000 health, but after that I've been shredded by purple before I've managed to get him below 6k or so.

I've been having decent luck with getting Imaginaut out, but poor luck with it actively helping - lots of useless locked tiles and charged tiles, instead of attack/protect/strike tiles. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

*EDIT*

Ah HA! I finally beat this one tonight. I was using the treadmill, and yelled out Ah HA! and pumped my fist when I won, nearly throwing myself off the treadmill in the process. I managed to somehow get two imaginaut tiles out, and when they started deciding to pump out strikes and attacks instead of doing useless things my fortunes improved considerably. My reward was a Wasp champ level - one of my favorite 4 stars, so I'm not going to complain about that!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Just musing. Now that we know God Emperor Doom's stats, I wonder how Reed would fare against GED. His Yellow would become absolutely useless, and he'd go after Black like there was no tomorrow to prevent Doom's nuke. Meanwhile, every Black and Yellow match Reed makes will simultaneously heal Doom and feed Doom's two actives, so Reed will hope to stunlock Doom. Yeesh that sounds like a horrible matchup.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just musing. Now that we know God Emperor Doom's stats, I wonder how Reed would fare against GED. His Yellow would become absolutely useless, and he'd go after Black like there was no tomorrow to prevent Doom's nuke. Meanwhile, every Black and Yellow match Reed makes will simultaneously heal Doom and feed Doom's two actives, so Reed will hope to stunlock Doom. Yeesh that sounds like a horrible matchup.
    I think it would be almost impossible unless they choose to seriously cripple GED's powers (by, say, having them at one cover each).  NIMF (New Improved Mr. Fantastic) has no damage potential without activating Imaginaut, and he can only do that by either grabbing enemy specials (which GED doesn't produce) or gathering black, which, as you point out, means setting up a nuke to the face.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wingX said:
    I try with my Mr F at 3/4/5 but after trying 8 times with black Ap boost, and different kinds of colour damage boos including all colour damage boost, I still couldn't beat Doom. I have a much easier time and is able to win with few boost and maybe 2 to 3 tries before his rework at 2/3/5 level 140 then now which is at 3/4/5, lv 190. No matter how I try to deny Doom's colour, he always obtain enough AP to use all his abilities. This prove that Mr F is really being nerfed.
    I decide to try one more time at the crash with MrF at 3/4/5, Lv 190 with +2 Green and Black AP, +50% Yello wnad Red Damage and +60% Match Damage. This time I manage to get 1 Imaginaut early and later 1 more, gaining enough special tiles for 2000+dmg plus damage from Strike and attack tiles from Imaginaut. All with minus 1/4 health from MrF and Doom fire his black and blue once.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    274, 5/5/3. Got it in two, and it was close. Imaginaut made a few Protect tiles for me, and that was it other than some random locked tiles and charged tiles, which ended up helping no one. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    278, Got it in two. The first Doom got two Diabolical Plots off. The next match I got the black for an Imaginaut early, paired with Doom putting strike tiles on the board early. Saved the blue for when I had tiles for the Imaginaut, stunned doom, collected more blue for another stun and got to finish it off the turn right after Doom collected enough purple for a Diabolical Plot. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is interesting seeing how different people's experience is with similar levelled characters.  He seems a lot more luck dependent than the previous power set.
    If Doom places his attack tiles in easy to match places, you might get a free power cast.  If you're lucky, Imaginaut will generate special tiles that can fuel Flexibility.  If you're unlucky, it will produce charged tiles that Doom manages to match and power his abilities.
    The randomness doesn't really feel like it matches his character: you usually think of Reed as having some idea about what he is doing.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tired, but my 1/0/3 lvl 111 Mr F is just too weak.