I Found A Glitch [Solved]

Fawkes2574
Fawkes2574 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
Did you know that you can have two of the same character, with the same amount of stars? How is this possible? I don't think this should be allowed, at least to a point anyways.

I have two star Thor. He's champion, and he's maxed out at level 144. The same goes for two star Captain Marvel, and two star Wolverine. Like usual, I get covers for any of those three. But since I already have them all champions and maxed out, any covers I get, I just sell for the 250 isos.

Just now I had an open slot in my roster and I got another two star Thor cover. Just for kicks and giggles, I thought I'd press the recruit button. And it worked. Now I have TWO two star Thors on my roster, both at opposite ends of the spectrum. Level 144 and level 15. The only reason I could think of on how I could benefit from this, is to keep the new one and level him up. Max him out and make him champion as well, if thats possible. Because as I was doing this with the other one the first one, I sold the 3 star reward covers of Thor that you get as you level two star up. They're the exact same powers, I didn't see the sense of keeping a weaker 3 star Thor. Now I see that I should've kept him, leveled and maxed him out as much as I could. Because I would likely get the chance to get 4 star Thor Jane Foster at some point.

Whoops.

//Edited Title - Brigby

Comments

• MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    Not a glitch, you can roster as many of a single character as you want provided you have roster space. 
    In your case, you keep the max-champ 2* 144 and level up a dupe to get the champ rewards again.  Once the second is max-champed, sell it and repeat.  You aren't allowed to use both at the same time in the same battle, however.
    Prior to the champion rewards feature being released, it was pretty common for some players to have multiples of the same characters, often times they were glass-cannon types (Hood, ProfX @ lower level to use in combo w/SW & BWGS), to save on health packs.
    Currently, it's pretty common in some alliances to keep multiple 1* Blue only BW to pass along as team-ups to your alliance mates.
    One correction to your post:  3* Thor's champ reward is 4* Red Hulk; 3* Storm rewards the 4* Thor (Goddess of Thunder).
  • Fawkes2574

One correction to your post:  3* Thor's champ reward is 4* Red Hulk; 3* Storm rewards the 4* Thor (Goddess of Thunder).
    Aww dang it. Thanks for the info though. Now I can dump level 15 Thor and fill that spot with something better. I don't really care for Red Hulk.

I wish there was a complete list of champ rewards for the game. The wikia page doesn't have one apparently.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

Aww dang it. Thanks for the info though. Now I can dump level 15 Thor and fill that spot with something better. I don't really care for Red Hulk.

I wish there was a complete list of champ rewards for the game. The wikia page doesn't have one apparently.
    Here ya go. It's listed in the Guides, Tips, and Free Gifts Compendium in the Tips & Guides sub-forum, just for future reference.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler

It does, scroll towards the bottom:  http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Champion

• Fawkes2574
    Thanks guys