Unstable ISO 8

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Ugh, just read the essentials, 5* Kingpin and 4* Prowler. I don't have Kingpin and Prowler is under covered. Why put two so new characters as essentials. Would you step down to clearance level 6 or just forget about the Kingpin node?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in the same boat. I'm going to be playing at SCL7, because I need the Prowler cover from Progression, which isn't available at SCL6. It's a frustrating spot to be in, tho.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 7 it is, then. I just played Simulator in SCL 6 because I hate that cascady event.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    The essential list encourages me to drop down to SC7 and have those faster clear times for a change, so I actually appreciate it. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    After my amazing run of 0/25 pulls trying to get Kingy (or any 5*) I'm also screwed on this one.

It was gonna happen though with KP as the 5E, so, eh, whatever.

As pointed out though that is one nice boost list, so it will be OK.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I'm missing Kingpin, but I have Prowler. I'm confident I'll still be able to get enough points for full progression though.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I'm missing Kingpin, but I have Prowler. I'm confident I'll still be able to get enough points for full progression though.
    If I recall correctly you don't need to do the 5E to hit progression.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:

You recall correctly. You do need to hit every other node five times to reach progression without 5E though.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Thanos said:

You recall correctly. You do need to hit every other node five times to reach progression without 5E though.
    Right, which is precisely the design and of course applies to all scls. That does give you a little flexibility if you are just looking for progression in terms of which days you play more or less. And green checking will get you to full progression pretty early in the last sub if you try to play optimally.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Medusa is boosted for this event, which makes me happy since I just champed her.  I have her set at 5/5/3.  Is that the best build for her?  
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
      In almost every situation Medusa 5/5/3 is better because it does higher constant damage.  However, if you are working against a tile generator like Carnage or Ultron Sentries, I prefer to switch her to 5/4/4 for good constant damage and the ability to steal attack tiles.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Thanks, @jtsings

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Vulture is also boosted, so there's a good board clearer and battery for everyone to take in against squads of Goons in Unstable ISO.