Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) Character Rework (1/9/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2019 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the full details for Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)'s character rework set to be implemented tomorrow, 1/10, after the daily patch update.

bluetilepng Flexibility bluetilepng

<-- New Ability | Old Ability -->

yellowtilepng Master of the Fantastic yellowtilepng

blacktilepng Imaginaut blacktilepng

Imaginaut Effects
(All effects are listed at level 270, power level 5)
  • Locks 4x random tiles
  • Creates 2x strength 252 Strike tiles.
  • Creates 3x strength 236 Protect tiles.
  • Creates 3x strength 236 Attack tiles.
  • Generates 3 AP in the team's strongest color.
  • Converts 5x random tiles to Charged tiles

Comments

• Brigby
    edited January 2019
    Woops. Added effect values of level 550. Will update to 270 in a sec
    Updated to level 270 values
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, this seems dramatic
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    No more Okoye/Mr. F/Bishop combos. Or using him against Kaecilius. Basically, back to being essentially useless. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Mr Fantastic has turned aggressive. He's a potential anti-Carnage/R4G/Medusa character.

Ability 1: Pair him up with Storm or use a team-up Storm to create 32 Attack tiles. 32/4*3498= 27,984 damage. You can save up 16 blues if you want.

Ability 2: free random friendly power fired for every 4th enemy special tile matched. Anti-Carnage/Medusa/R4G?

Ability 3: to complement ability 1, I guess.

5/5/3 if you got the right environment.

On the flipside, he works well with all three of them as well, or maybe not R4G.
  • Brigby
    I don’t have the capacity to analyse right now. Can someone tell me if this is a buff or nerf? His Blue sounds vastly worse, Yellow is much better, Black...isnt so board-dependent now I guess?
    Blue is definitely different, but in my opinion, I wouldn't necessarily say it's worse. The change turned it more from a defensive ability into an offensive ability. It now has a direct damage component, instead of Protect tile generation. The direct damage component is also multiplicative, depending on how many friendly special tiles are on the board. It still maintains the 3-turn Stun, as well, so you still have an element of defensive capability too.

His Yellow ability granting a free ability cast every 4 enemy special tile match can be incredibly useful.

In my opinion, Black is far more useful now, because you're very likely to have some sort of effect trigger, now that it's a 2 turn Fortified Repeater tile, as opposed to waiting to match 1 of 3 colors.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    This is entirely because of his prior synergy with Bishop, correct?
  • Brigby
    We’ll. We’ll need to find someone else to use against Kaecilius.
    Yeah, there was ZERO reason to tweak his Blue, it was his one good power.

Why do they over-think almost every rework by messing with the powers that don't need fixing?
    You could always use Agent Coulson, if you're looking for another 4-Star that can swap tiles? You even get the benefit of those tiles becoming Charged too!
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo said:
    No using him against Kaecilius. Basically, back to being essentially useless. 
    Forgive my ignorance.. how was he used against him???
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I don’t have the capacity to analyse right now. Can someone tell me if this is a buff or nerf? His Blue sounds vastly worse, Yellow is much better, Black...isnt so board-dependent now I guess?
    Its a nerf. 
    The character has become very situational and even then his outcomes are left partially to chance while at the same time being slow. You could argue MrF is now stronger in a niche capacity as a counter to specific matchups....but that's faint praise when you consider that several low tier characters can make the same claim.
    I'm happy to be proven wrong of course since judging characters on paper has always been rather hit or miss.