Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men) (9/17/18)

124»

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m worried. Thing might have a PVP shortly. He was on Guardians when Kitty was. Are they planning to give him the Champ rewards update for Kitty?
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    We need to clear this up:

Kitty + Grocket = GRITTY!

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe St4rLord? They were engaged at one point.
    I'd be okay with that, I have Starlord at level 290, so that's one cover right there with only ten more Starlord covers for another one. 
    I also pulled another Kitty purple this morning, so that makes her feeder ready or SCCR®.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Hoping for Nightcrawler since they were both on Excalibur together. 

Probably be Bishop, though. :(
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Hoping for Nightcrawler since they were both on Excalibur together. 

Probably be Bishop, though. :(
    Nightcrawler wouldn't be too bad, he's level 284, so that's a cover right there!
    Bishop is only at 6 covers so far, so that would be less than great... Far less... :p
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Any recommendations for good special-tile making X-Men teammates for her?

Wolverine
    Mohawk Storm
    Prof X (though mine isn't great yet)
    Who Else?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Any recommendations for good special-tile making X-Men teammates for her?

Wolverine
    Mohawk Storm
    Prof X (though mine isn't great yet)
    Who Else?
    Both Jean Greys
    Beast
    Angel/Archangel
    X-23
    Dazzler
    Emma Frost
    Psylocke
    Cable
    Bishop - makes tiles, but will consume your protects
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Emma Frost

I said good teammates :wink:

j/k

Thanks for the list!!

I'm just using Kitty for the first significant amount of time right now during PvE Simulator and I'm trying to come up with a variety of good teammates for her based on the essential nodes and opponents.

I tried X23 (since sh'es boosted this event) but it just takes too long to get to those strike tiles. Will try Psylocke, too.

I'm not sure how I forgot about Beast, I like using him in certain situations.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Anyone tried a Kitty 4rocket and Nicco team ?

After a few rounds the attack tiles would be pretty devastating if Kitty and Nicco buffing them stacks.
  • walkerdog
    walkerdog Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    tonypq said:
    Anyone tried a Kitty 4rocket and Nicco team ?

After a few rounds the attack tiles would be pretty devastating if Kitty and Nicco buffing them stacks.
    It's fine, but nicos redundant buffing is not that helpful compared to medusa, or another utility hero imo. 
  • RPIJG
    RPIJG Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    JFisch said:
    Underwhelmed. She's 5* Kraven. Great in one, narrow role. Nearly useless outside it. Won't dent the Thorkoye meta in pvp or Thanos meta in pve.

Try again in 6 weeks.
    This post aged well.  HAHAHAHAHA
  • Al_Paca
    Al_Paca Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2019
    RPIJG said:
    JFisch said:
    Underwhelmed. She's 5* Kraven. Great in one, narrow role. Nearly useless outside it. Won't dent the Thorkoye meta in pvp or Thanos meta in pve.

Try again in 6 weeks.
    This post aged well.  HAHAHAHAHA

-------- said:
    Basically for competitive PvP or PvE veterans, Kitty Pryde is pretty much useless. She's not a Thor or Okoye or even pre-nerfed Gambit, but she meant for those who are opened to exploring different team combination and for those not rushing to get to top 10 placement, which is pretty much 90% of the players.
    or this one?
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Found something weird about her repeater tile damage dealing ability. The damage isn't boosted by Okoye's black. The damage I saw also didn't match the description. The description says it'll deal 3344, but when the repeater tile went off on a yellow tile, it dealt 3526 damage instead.

So I did some calculation and it turns out that not only her repeater tile will gain AP when it explodes, it will also additional damage equal to Kitty's match damage of that tile color. My Kitty's yellow tile damage is 182, so it becomes 182 + 3344 = 3526. The math checks out.

This suggests that her repeater tile's damage is programmed in a way that it isn't a damage dealing power, but it acts like Kitty making a match-1 and her passive grants her one time match damage boost (the number written in the power's description)

This would be consistent with how other "increase match damage by x" powers work. For example, Mockingbird's purple increase your match damage and can't be boosted by Okoye's black passive as well, since it isn't considered a damage dealing power. 

I'm not sure if this is working as the devs intended, although I find it confusing that this damage isn't affected by Okoye's black passive. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Interesting. A while back, I noticed something that might be related with 1* Spiderman's purple: It gives you AP for the tiles it turns into Crits. I'll have to pay more attention next time I'm using him and see if it also does damage for those tiles.
    EDIT: Nope, it doesn't do damage for those tiles, just generates AP.