XP Covers

Options
broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
So I was thinking about a lot of the long-time problems and complaints I see here:
- Cover dilution / I can’t get the character I want. 
- Not enough character diversity used in PvP / Why do I always see xyz?
- BH is great but too inconsistent 
- Bring back heroics / Encourage us to mix up teams

What if one change could help alleviate if not fix these?

My suggestion: XP Covers

How this would work:
- Node Clears would now offer XP for all nodes 
- In normal PvE the difficulty levels (Trivial, Easy, Normal, Hard, Deadly) would each have a set XP values, SCLs would multiply that.
- In alliance events / non-SCL a set amount per node/boss. (Nodes in boss event raise XP with difficulty bumps)
- In PvP XP would be based on points for the node multiplied by SCL. 
- Deadpool dailies would have a static XP amount per node.
- When you beat a node the 3 characters you use each get that amount of XP applied to them. 
- Each character would have an XP bar. 
- After a certain amount of XP for a particular character you get a cover for that character. 
- The required XP to get a cover is based on a combination of tier and how many covers the character currently has (1-112). 
- Each new cover would take increaslingly more XP to get. 
- There could be purchasable/rewardable XP boosts and/or a static XP boost for VIP. 

Things I’m not sure about:
- How are covers given? (Direct apply to character, direct apply to that character's saved covers, or to roster queue) Ruled out roster queue due to potential for major exploit using dups.
- How are colors determined for non-champed character?  (Round robin like recent feeders, given to the lowest numbered color, players choice, applies as a saved cover)

I think it's a good idea and one I haven’t seen posted (though I don’t maticulously read ever post eithe so sorry if it has been). 

How it would help:
- Have a guaranteed way to work on the character you want. 
- It would encourage using different character to get those easier early covers at least. (Probably wouldn’t drastically change the top level meta, but it could help)
- You’d get guaranteed XP for a character everytime they’re required. 

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's a great idea, Broll.
  • broll
    Options
    Thinking some more about this, the covers would have to either be directly applied or applied as saved cover.  Players could not be provided a cover to apply themselves because that would be extremely exploitable   Someone could drag around a 1 cover dup and rank up covers insanely fast and apply them to a the other version of the same character.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nice idea. It might be cleaner if XP was only available once a character was champed. Then you receive a champ level and don't have to worry about which color the cover was.
  • broll
    Options
    rixmith said:
    Nice idea. It might be cleaner if XP was only available once a character was champed. Then you receive a champ level and don't have to worry about which color the cover was.
    Probably would be, but it would really hurt one of the things it's trying to fix:
    Cover dilution / I can’t get the character I want