Fantastic Four Celebration! *Updated (1/28/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,
We hope you're having a fantastic 2019 so far! It's time to get excited as we kick off the new year with a celebration of Marvel's first ever family of superheroes: The Fantastic Four.

Check out all the details below:
(Please Note: We will be continuously updating this list with more info over the course of the celebration)

Week 1

Tuesday 1/8

New App Icon
This brand new icon features the hot-headed Human Torch, the almighty God Emperor Doom, and the Atlantian prince, Namor! And yes, both God Emperor Doom and Namor will be playable characters coming soon to Marvel Puzzle Quest, so keep an eye out for more info!

Login Gift
Players that log in any time between 1/8 - 1/31 will receive a 3-Star Human Torch (Classic) cover.

DDQ - Sweet
  • Starts: 1/8 6am EST
  • Ends: 1/13 6am EST
  • Features Invisible Woman in Crash of the Titan
Idol of Millions - Versus Tournament
  • Features The Thing
  • Starts: 1/8 8pm EST
  • Ends: 1/12 3am EST
  • The Thing in Progression Rewards
  • Mr. Fantastic in Placement Rewards

Wednesday 1/9

Variant Covers
The Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer have new comic covers for the celebration! Check them out in-game.

Thursday 1/10

Fantastic Four Bundle
  • Starts: 1/10/19 12pm ET
  • Ends: 1/13/19 12pm ET
  • Cost: $24.99 USD (Converted to your region's currency and/or platform)
  • Content:
    • 1x Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richard) Blue Cover
    • 1x Invisible Woman (Classic) Yellow Cover
    • 1x The Thing (Classic) Red Cover
    • 5,000 Hero Points
    • 10,000 Iso-8
    • 8x Command Points
    • 2x Legendary Tokens
Mr. Fantastic- Character Rebalance
Check out his rebalance HERE

Unstable Iso-8 - Story Event
  • Starts: 1/10 7am EST
  • Ends: 1/14 2am EST
  • Human Torch (Classic) in Progression Rewards
Stretch Goals - Versus Tournament
  • Features Mr. Fantastic
  • Starts: 1/10 8pm EST
  • Ends: 1/14 3am EST
  • Mr. Fantastic in Progression Rewards

Friday 1/11

Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) Champion Reward Update
  • Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richard)’s Champion Rewards are being updated to include Silver Surfer (Skyrider) covers.
  • Starts: 1/11 Daily Patch
  • Silver Surfer (Skyrider) covers will be rewarded at the following Champion levels:
    • 280: bluetilepng Perfect Being
    • 300:  Cosmic Beam
    • 320: blacktilepng Silver Singularity
    • 340: bluetilepng Perfect Being
    • 350:  Cosmic Beam
    • 360: blacktilepng Silver Singularity

Week 2

Sunday 1/13

Human Torch Bundle
  • Starts: 1/13/19 12pm ET
  • Ends: 1/16/19 12pm ET
  • Cost: $19.99 USD (Converted to your region's currency and/or platform)
  • Content:
    • 3x Human Torch (Classic) Covers [1x of each ability]
    • 3x Human Torch (Johnny Storm) Covers [1x of each ability]
    • 3,000 Hero Points
    • 8,000 Iso-8
    • 10x Heroic Tokens
    • 15x Elite Tokens
    • 1x Legendary Token
DDQ - Savory
  • Starts: 1/13 6am EST
  • Ends: 1/18 6am EST
  • Features Mr. Fantastic in Crash of the Titan

Tuesday 1/15

Earth's Mightiest - Versus Tournament
  • Starts: 1/15 8pm EST
  • Ends: 1/19 3am EST
  • Human Torch (Classic) in Placement Rewards

Wednesday 1/16

Doctor Doom (God Emperor)  - Available In-Game!
Check out his full character details HERE

Thursday 1/17

Galactus Hungers - Alliance Event
  • Starts: 1/17/19, 12:00pm ET
  • Ends: 1/20/19, 11:59pm ET
  • Rewards tokens to the Dangerous Doctors Legendary cover store
Hotshot - Versus Tournament
  • Features Human Torch (Classic)
  • Starts: 1/17/19, 8:00pm ET
  • Ends: 1/21/19, 12:00am ET
  • Human Torch (Classic) in Progression Rewards
  • Doctor Doom (Classic) in Placement Rewards

Week 3

Sunday 1/20

Doctor's Orders - Versus Tournament *New Update*
  • Features Doctor Doom (Classic)
  • Starts: 1/20 8am ET
  • Ends: 1/23 3pm ET
  • Doctor Doom (Classic) in Progression Rewards
  • Mr. Fantastic in Placement Rewards

Monday 1/21

New Support: Victorious *New Update*
  • Check out details for Victorious (Herald of Doom) HERE
  • Victorious Vault
  • Mordo - Heroes for Hire
  • Ghost - Heroes for Hire

Tuesday 1/22

Fatal Attraction - Versus Tournament *New Update*
  • Features Daken (Classic)
  • Starts: 1/22 8pm ET
  • Ends: 1/26 3am ET
  • Mr. Fantastic in Progression Rewards

Week 4

Thursday 1/31

Namor (The Sub-Mariner)  - Available In-Game!
Check out his full character details HERE

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Character Release Event
  • Starts: 1/31 7am ET
  • Ends: 2/7 7am ET
  • Awards a random cover of Namor (The Sub-Mariner)
Venom Bomb - Story Event
  • Starts: 1/31 7am ET
  • Ends: 2/5 2am ET
  • Namor in Placement Rewards
Most Wanted - Versus Tournament
  • Features Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted)
  • Starts: 1/31 8pm ET
  • Ends: 2/4 3am ET
  • Namor and Human Torch (Johnny Storm) in Placement Rewards

Week 5

Sunday 2/3

From the Depths - Versus Tournament
  • Features Namor (The Sub-Mariner)
  • Starts: 2/3 8am ET
  • Ends: 2/6 3pm ET
  • Namor in Progression Rewards

Comments

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Looking at the App icon I guess we are also getting Namor and God Doom from Secret Wars. Two characters that players have wanted for a while. Awesome job Devs. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    While I like Reed as-is, I've never understood why Reed burst heals. His stun makes sense, as he can wrap fools up with his stretchy bod. Defense tiles make sense, again because of his elastic powers. And the Imaginaut is a perfect representation of his big brain. But healing (others)? I never got it.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I do question the need for Mr. Fantastic to be rebalanced, he's been working just fine since he got his last rebalance & there are plenty of other characters in the tier who could do with some love. Glad to see him as a feeder, though, as well as the two new releases!
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Am I the only one nervous about a Mr. Fantastic rebalance?  I sort of like Stretcho the way he is right now, especially when teamed up with Shuri.

Of all the characters screaming for a rebalance, Mr F was not one screaming very loud.  He's not great currently but certainly better than a large number of others out there.  Seems weird to shoe-horn a re-balance in just to tie in with a theme week.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm not sure Mr. Fantastic needs a rebalance. Maybe another tweak to fix his interaction with other Fantastic Four members (since that's still lackluster, either needs a buff so it's exciting to team them up, or removal entirely).

But like, I wouldn't put him on a list for rebalance at all. Not even at the bottom of the list. That's the kind of fix you do when everything is perfect and you're bored and need something to do, you know? (unless someone has a stupidly genius idea, and there's no way to use it with a new character release, maybe?)

Stoked to see him feeding Silver Surfer! 

Curious to hear about the character releases, since... you know, we should be getting one this Thursday. They sometimes take weeks off, and sometimes do two back to back (usually good for a 5* and a 4*), so it's "every 2 weeks, most of the time." But still, it'd be nice to have something a tiny bit more concrete. Kinda want to see how they plan to juggle the 5/4/4 pattern (that they usually stick to) with the upcoming Captain Marvel movie.
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Dang It!
    I just champed Mr F to use with Shuri and P4nther :'(
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited January 2019
    Get rid of heal.... as noted earlier by @Dormammu , it never has made any sense to me.  If that is what they call a "rebalance" I would be happy.    (I could go for the 'heal self' but the burst heal just does not play into the comic book IMHO)  

That said, looking forward to World's Greatest Week" !  (And Bonus, I should finally get that Blue for my SS who sits at 0/1/5)

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    A Bishop rebalance... err, I mean Mr Fantastic... whatever.

Delighted by the Surfer feeder. Long ago I sold my Surfer to hang back in 4* tier after some overzealous leveling early on. I've been very slowly rebuilding one (currently at 2/1/3). Glad to get him closer to being champed via Reed.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Mr F got a rebalance quite a while back, I never use him but will be interesting to see what they do to him this time 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr F got a rebalance quite a while back, I never use him but will be interesting to see what they do to him this time 
    I can only assume they will do something to break is interaction with Bishop
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    • Mr Fantastic rebalance
    • God Emperor Doom
    • Fantastic Four celebration

Finally! I may have a reason to end my hoarding!  Now all I need is Adam Warlock in game and am set!
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    fmftint said:
    What's the interaction with Bishop?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any chance you could rebalance the cack that is Kingpin before a four star no one cares about?
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I'm very happy about the Mr. F. feeder for Silver Surfer and the impending introductions of God Emperor Doom and Namor to MPQ!  That's super awesome.  However, I'm very apprehensive of this Mr. F rebalance.  I like him fine the way he is.  He's nowhere near over-powered and he's by far not the worst character out there that needs rebalancing (*cough cough* Bruce Banner *cough*).  I guess we'll see what they do to him now.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby While I thank the lucky stars for a new 5* feeder, would you kindly extrapolate on why the devs feel that Mr. F needs a rework? 

I mean, he was tremendously awful before his rework years ago, but since then, while he's not a powerhouse, he still has great utility in certain circumstances and is decent for a support character.

Like, he is almost required versus Kaecilius in his current build.  He can hold his own in Crash of the Titans in his current build.  He has utility in many Boss fights due to his tile swap ability.  

Thanks for any information about his changes that you can provide!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    Any chance you could rebalance the cack that is Kingpin before a four star no one cares about?
    What does Kingpin have to do with the Fantastic Four?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    What's the interaction with Bishop?
    I can only assume it is Mr. F's healing which would obviously be useful for keeping Bishop around. Intrigued I tried them out in DDQ but couldn't really work out what the deal was if it is beyond that. That could be due to either the enemies being too low or my Bishop only being 3/1/1.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    I wonder if he'll be able to tweak repeater timers using super science? I'm still pitching that power out into the aether lol