Bubbles vs. Quicky

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
I got lots of yellow to begin with so was invisible most of the time. Two green crushes later he went down. LT was an 11th Kitty cover, great.

Comments

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    5/3/5 110 Sue.  I got invisible quickly but I was around 1200 hp before I finally beat QS via FF Crush..  Still surprised that I won and without any boosts too.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/4/5 Level 291 Bubbles

I got invisible early and stayed that way for the rest of the match. Got some strikes out with blue, hit with a big hard green, so the match ended fairly quickly.

Token was a much-needed Kitty purple to make her 1/3/4.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/4/5 Level 212 Bag o' Bubbles lady wiped the floor with poor old QuickyBritches! I went in with +2 yellow AP, +2 blue AP, and +2 green AP. I managed to cast yellow fairly early, and lucked out with the invis tile being lodged in a corner. Blue->green->green and it was all she wrote.

My reward was a champ level for Starlord, BUT, tagging along with him was a bonus Valkyrie, bringing the mighty (and often mighty tipsy) warrior up to 2/5/5!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Sue, fired each power once and mercury boy was down.
    Token was a champ level for someone, but I've already forgotten who, so it must not have been anyone particularly good.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    3/2/3 Bubbles, with +1 yellow, +1 green, +2 blue.

I waited a bit to deploy yellow until the board looked like it had a decent chance to spawn in a good location.
    Put up extra ones later for safety.

Since the primary threat is Supersonic, I concentrated on taking out the locked TUs, and avoided blue unless the number of locked tiles was low. Otherwise, it was a pretty long fight since I didn't have high-level powers. But as long as I denied him blue and green, it limited the detonation of Supersonic, and ended in victory.

• Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Is it possible for a 1/1/0 Bubbles to win? I've managed to drop him to 3K HP (from 11K?) after a long fight but I can't seem to get better results than that.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doragon said:
    Is it possible for a 1/1/0 Bubbles to win? I've managed to drop him to 3K HP (from 11K?) after a long fight but I can't seem to get better results than that.
    It's theoretically possible for any character with an Invisibility power, but I've never had the patience to keep at it long enough to pull it off. I know others have, tho.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try boosting your match damage and level up your best support to see if it helps. 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Won with lvl 172 (3/1/4) IW with using + 50% power match boosts for all colors.  I chased yellow early and went invisible and stayed that way.  I try to avoid blue matches and chased green and yellow.  I did get hit once with supersonic and took damage while invisible, which I was not aware could happen.  After the second Force Field Crush, I was able to take him down. 
    LT was a blue cover for Prowler, which helps since he's essential for next PVE event.  
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    5/1/5 Sue had no problem. Stayed invisible forever.
    Board hardly had any green, though, so it took forever.
    Slow and painless victory.

LLT was Medusa saved cover (of course!) 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    4/4/5 Lvl 209 Sue ended up being a bit close on this one, finishing with just 1300 health. I went invisible early but Quicky matched my tile and then he got all the green and so hammered me. I managed to finally get some green of my own to fight back, went invisible again and it was then a race as to whether he could fire off Supersonic before I could down him. Sue won.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    First attempt with my 2/3/4 lvl 188 Bubbles. No boosts. Lots of yellow, but not much else. Stayed invisible fired one green, but couldn’t get a bubble powered green off. So mostly match damage after that.

LT was a Blue Nebula.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doragon said:
    It's theoretically possible for any character with an Invisibility power, but I've never had the patience to keep at it long enough to pull it off. I know others have, tho.
    I did it with Howard the Duck.

The most painful one ever for me was Prof X vs Elektra. I had a 2 cover purple Prof (so I was like Level 78 or something) and I had managed to match damage (helped by some Elektra strike tile gifts) her down to about 180 health, all the time staying invisible as much as possible but had also taken a few heavy hits. She got a cascade and without my realising wiped out my Invisibility tile so instead of going invisible again, I attacked. I failed to do enough damage to kill her and then watched in horror as I got downed by her Ballet of Death which had been out doing nothing for several turns. :neutral: It is the only time that I have very nearly wanted to destroy this game, lol!
  • ciriquen
    ciriquen Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I won with 1/1/3, took in 4 yellow from boosts, and matched in round one, invisible in two...

Never became visible (got another invis tile before I had to match away my original one), but still got reduced to just under 1k before finally winning.